Is Talk Elections a right wing forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Talk Elections a right wing forum?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you believe Talk Elections leans to the right?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Is Talk Elections a right wing forum?  (Read 2431 times)
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2022, 09:07:01 PM »

So am I a conservative partisan, classical liberal Atlanticist or something else? Kind of curious now!
Atlantacist*. It presumably means your ideology is Atlanta.

I thought it meant Europhile myself.  Glasses

Athlantacists are Georgists, and most non-Russianphile Georgists are Europaphiles 9-]
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2022, 05:38:17 AM »

It's so right, that they don't even notice
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »

The place certainly isn't conservative but, as previous posters have alluded to, Atlas has never really been a hotbed of genuine leftist sentiment either.  I also think our community is pretty "churchy" for an entirely online space, but I'm not sure if that flows from the overall political orientation of the Forum or some other quality of its user base.

All in all, what distinguishes Atlas in the online political sphere is how academic and non-ideological it is:  the site is structured to facilitate discussion of electoral results, predictions, polls, trends and geography more so than debate political theory.  The Forum community exists in the same online ecosystem as data-driven political prognosticators like Nate Silver.  The mainstream political opinion here is almost indistinguishable from what you'd find on the 538 blog.   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2022, 04:07:19 PM »

No such place called Talk Elections exists.

Okay, you win the internet today.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2022, 09:36:12 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 10:48:44 PM by The Democratic Party Left Me »

The strongest blocs in Atlas, and are over represented in the mod team, are partisan democrats who go with the party regardless, but with a progressive bias. Then is a more decentralized classical liberal contingent with strong atlantacist bias—your Filluardjans, Kingpos, Kosovo avatars—then partisan Republicans.

Anyone else is basically powerless and atomized to influence things unless participating in the conflict between these forces.

Partisan Dem mods roughly include:
YE—yes, you
Virginia
Gustaf
Gas
Brittian

Lib moderates:
Dereich
Mr. X
True Fed
The bland normie
Torie
Mikado

Conservative partisans:
Rest

I should note that while there are more of the second camp mods, the structure of ownership on atlas and user base makes one side hold all the cards relatively. I should also note that this analysis speaks of nothing of moderation styles, which are too complicated to lay out. It does seem like speaking out against a certain side of the Israeli-Palestinian debate and holding support for AES states is deliberately unfavorable to the mods, and there is a hope they not frequent this forum. I am only here this long due to my general non hostile and constructive presence and post count, but who knows if that may change

Still, I should note that the civility on atlas is much better than anywhere else on the US-anglophone speaking internet, and it is relatively popular. Whether it lasted this long due to design of altruism or through data mining pacts Virginia and Dave gave into a while ago we will never know.

Yep, you got me!  Universal healthcare, mandatory minimums for white collar criminals, increasing taxes on the wealthy, a billionaire tax (50% of the individual’s income), thirteenth salary for all employees, the PRO Act, significantly greater government regulation of business in general, a capital gains tax, breaking up monopolies like Disney, FaceBook, and Amazon, free community college, capping the amount colleges and universities can charge for tuition, eliminating all student loan debt, lowering the Medicare eligibility age to 58, a $15 minimum wage, banning companies from discouraging their employees from unionizing, six months of subsidized PTO for all employees, a carbon tax,  a 35% corporate tax rate, subsidized high speed rail, requiring all corporate boards for companies whose employees are unionized to have at least two seats reserved for union reps, and creating a permanent special prosecutor’s office to investigate white collar crime within the banking industry are all certainly things classical liberals tend to support Roll Eyes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2022, 05:16:20 PM »

It's not right wing but it's pretty conservative, how do users think that the Compiled map is gonna reflect a 2010 Election we are being graded on our predictions and it was 20 percent unemployment in 2010

Guess what Biden Approvals are now in NJ 50/49, Obama wasn't expected to have a blue wave in 2008/2012 he was only supposed to get 272 EC votes making IA not VA the tipping pt state

Also, users are very afraid to make the map they want, I made that mistake in 2008/12 and underestimated Obama

Lastly, it's 3.0 Unemployment not 10 percent unemployment R predictions are gonna be wrong, guess what popular vote Rs have won since 1988 the House, the Senate and Oval Office have been Dominant by D's and we won 80/75M on 2020

I get a blue we may get 80M but Rs maynot get 75 but 60 M without Trump on the ballot we live on bigger states we can get 80 M but Rs aren't guarenteed 75M but 60 M 15M short of 2020, that's how a blue wave will happen on 2022

Also, GA is gonna be the BELLWETHER or tipping pt but it's not gonna vote to left of NV, AZ, PA, WI or NH it barely went D by 50K votes😊😊😊
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2022, 08:07:17 PM »

No, we've got a mixture of various beliefs and thoughts... the forum seems to be solidly against mandates with a few libertarian leanings.  It's a good forum made up of good people, even though some of the beliefs might be occasionally deranged.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2022, 11:07:54 PM »

Well roughly 42% of the forum thinks that a white supremacist is/can be a good person... so yeah. It's right-wing.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2022, 11:30:52 PM »

No overall, but it is annoyingly right-wing on COVID19.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2022, 12:18:59 AM »

Well roughly 42% of the forum thinks that a white supremacist is/can be a good person... so yeah. It's right-wing.

DavidB is not a White Supremacist lol
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2022, 06:38:05 AM »

DavidB is not a White Supremacist lol

42% is not even a majority of the forum, and not everyone voted in that poll.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2022, 06:47:46 AM »

No overall, but it is annoyingly right-wing on COVID19.

Being anti-restrictions isn't right wing.  Indeed young people are far more likely to hold anti-restriction opinions than older people are.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies