Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:25:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 5035 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:45 PM »

Statement from Secretary of State Colin Powell on the passing of President Bush

Our nation has lost a great man. President Bush was someone who knew that in a time of crisis, the most important thing is to keep the country united, stable and strong. I have no doubt that the tremendous leadership he showed after 9/11 will live on in the history books as one of the finest moments of an American president. When President Bush offered me two and a half years ago to serve as his Secretary of State, I told him it would be my honor. And truly, serving under him was one of greatest honors of my long career in U.S foreign policy. Him and his family will be in me and Alma's prayers, as will this nation. I intend to continue serving in my position under President Cheney to work together in bringing the former President's vision of a world free from terror to life.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:43 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2022, 11:14:12 PM by FalterinArc »

COLIN POWELL 2004 ANNOUNCEMENT

Secretary Powell made his announcement speech on East 166th Street in the South Bronx, outside his former high school, surrounded by his wife, three children and a crowd of onlookers

Thank you, thank you all.

My fellow Americans, we stand at a very uncertain time in our nation’s history. The world is watching what we do carefully. In the wake of the tragedies of 9/11 and the loss of President Bush, our country deserves stable leadership to steady the course of the challenges we face. We must acknowledge that we are in a new millennium, with new issues and adapt to them. As President Reagan once said, America is, or at least should be, that shining city on the hill for the world. If we do not set an example for the rest of the world to follow, we will fall short of the moral character that is expected from our great nation.

It's at times like this when I remember to count my blessings. If you told the kid from the South Bronx, son of immigrants that he would grow up to be the United States Secretary of State, he would have told you you were out of your mind. This opportunity I've been given to me represents what America can be at its best. We can be a nation where anyone willing to put in the work can get ahead, where opportunity is abundant and want is scarce. Unfortunately for many Americans, this is not always a reality but this idea, this faith in our society is what keeps this country moving

This faith in America, it's what my parents saw when they came to this country from Jamaica seeking the American dream. It was the same faith I saw when in Vietnam, I pulled my brothers in arms from the burning wreckage of a helicopter crash. I could see in their eyes, brave men willing to give their lives for this country and its ideals. And it's the same faith I saw in every American after the horrific loss of September 11th. Even after such devastating loss of life, we as a nation stood strong and came together. These moments, these people, that's what we're protecting, that's what we're fighting for.

I never wanted to run for office. Eight years ago, after my role in Operation Desert Storm, many a strategist approached me about a potential bid for the presidency. I declined then because I felt then I was not prepared to launch myself into the national political scene. Flash forward to the present, I've now served over two years as Secretary of State and have extensively reached out to our allies and coordinated American foreign policy. I've been tasked with keeping our mission against terrorism stable in the realm of geopolitics.  I have extensive connections to nearly every world leader and would be ready on day one to continue crafting diplomatic strategies in the best interests of our nation. Since taking office, I have also become familiar with the many domestic issues facing the families of this nation and the plans beltway politicians have ascribed to fix them. My background outside of politics has helped me see how circular this loop of public policymaking is. It's time we start proposing actual solutions to these issues, not platitudes. And it is for these reasons, that after careful consideration, I have decided to put my name in the ring as a candidate for the presidency of the United States. (applause) I'm excited to be sharing my vision of a safe, prosperous America with all of you in the coming days and I hope to see you on the campaign trail soon. Thank you and may God bless the United States of America!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:49 PM »

Colin Powell June Schedule:

June 1: Meeting with Italian Foreign Minister Frattini in Rome
June 2: Briefing with Pope John Paul II in Vatican City
June 3: Meet with leaders of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Palestine with President Cheney
June 4: Meet Prime Ministers Sharon and Abbas in Aqaba with President Cheney
June 5: Accompany President Cheney to Qatar
June 6: Return with President Cheney to Washington and meet with congressional leaders
June 7: Attend State Funeral of President Bush, make statement
June 8-9: Attend OAS General Assembly meeting in Chile
June 10: Meeting with President Kirchner in Buenos Aires
June 11: Return to D.C, attend White House briefings
June 12: Meet with staff, plan trips to early primary states
June 13: Attend interviews with Sunday morning political talk shows, indicate intent to announce campaign
June 14: Campaign announcement in South Bronx (Previous post)
June 15: Shake hands with voters outside in the city, meet with Orthodox Jewish leaders to seek endorsements
June 16: Meetings with New York Young Republicans Club, Mayor Michael Bloomberg
June 17-18: Attend ASEAN Regional Forum meeting in Cambodia
June 19: Meet Prime Minister Zia in Bangladesh
June 20: Meet with Prime Ministers Sharon and Abbas
June 22-23: Attend World Economic Forum in Jordan
June 24: Return to Washington D.C, attend briefings and meet with Senator Judd Gregg to court endorsement
June 25: Meet with D.C Republican Party Chairman Betsy Werronen and host fundraiser with supporters
June 26: Flight to Manchester, greet supporters on the ground and in the city
June 27: Meetings with Governor Craig Benson, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
June 28: Drive to Laconia, meet with voters
June 29: Meeting with New Hampshire Veteran's Association in Laconia
June 30: Flight back to Washington, attend briefings
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 02:34:52 AM »

Colin Powell July Schedule
Distinguished and Prepared

July 1: Meet with advisors, review campaign strategy
July 2: Cabinet Meeting, discuss progress in Iraq
July 3: Meeting with Congressmen Jeb Bradley and Charlie Bass, discuss possible endorsement
July 4: Attend July 4th Celebrations in D.C
July 5: Fundraiser in Annapolis, Maryland with Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele
July 6: Meeting with Maryland Governor Bob Ehrlich, pledge support for infrastructure renewal as president
July 7: Meet with seniors at Maryland AARP State Office

Excerpt from speech
Now I know many people my age and older are tired of being used as a political cudgel. Politicians say one thing and do the other just in the name of winning your votes. The main issue I'm talking about here is social security. I think something we can all agree on is that politicians should stop messing with our social security funds. Now I'm prepared to say right now, and I know it might not be the most popular thing, there will be zero cuts to social security under a Powell administration. You have my word on that. My focus in this realm will be guaranteeing the long term solvency of this vital program, by any means necessary.

July 8-13: Accompany President Cheney on visit to several African nations
July 14: Attend briefings, meet with advisors
July 15: D.C fundraiser, meeting with Delaware Congressman Mike Castle
July 16: Rally in Wilmington, Delaware
Excerpt from speech
Now look, I can certainly say I've been around the block in regards yo our armed forces. And if there's one thing I've learned, it is that America is most efficient when it has the tools it needs at its disposal. The suggestions I hear from some politicians to cut military funding are just about the worst thing we could do right now. In the midst of our war on terror, it's important we as America, keep our leg up over our adversaries.
July 17-19: New Castle County barnstorming
July 20: Cabinet meeting, meetings with ambassadors
July 21: Meeting with Senator Olympia Snowe, emphasize common ground as pro-choice Republicans
July 22: Meetings with President Cheney, provide counsel during Mosul raid
July 23: Speak with press about successful elimination of Uday and Qusay Hussein
July 24: Plane to Augusta, Maine, meet supporters
July 25: Meeting with Augusta Republican legislative leaders
July 26: Town Hall in Portland Maine, discuss transportation and environmental issues
July 27: Tour newly opened Powell 2004 New Hampshire campaign headquarters in Manchester
July 28: Town Hall on public safety in Manchester
July 29: Return to D.C, attend briefings
July 30: Strategy meetings, call Norman Schwarzkopf to discuss presidential race
July 31: Discuss administration commitment to Africa and recent visit with President Cheney with CNN
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 03:54:59 PM »

Colin Powell August Schedule
Distinguished and Prepared

August 1: Meet with Campaign Staff, discuss strategy in coming weeks
August 2: Cabinet Meeting
August 3: Phone Conference with former Secretary of State George Shultz, court endorsement
August 4: Fundraiser in Falls Church, Virginia with former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft
August 5: Meetings with Congressmen Frank Wolf, Tom Davis, court endorsements
August 6: Town Hall on National Security in Bethesda, Maryland
Excerpt from event
You know, the most important thing we can do right now in regard to keeping the people of this nation safe is simply to be smart. Look, we can't and shouldn't let terrorists control our lives but at the same time we are also aren't ready to revert our security measures back a decade. For example, I believe we need to significantly increase the number of work visas. There is a very thorough vetting process, we know these people don't want to hurt us and we know that they contribute to a better America. Unfortunately in the last few years, the number of visas has misguidedly gone down, as President I'll do everything in my power to reverse this. Now at the same time, I hear calls for a complete repeal of the PATRIOT Act, I have to tell you I don't know if some people can quite comprehend what this would mean. Do we want to go back to the days where it was easier to get a wiretap on the mob than terrorists plotting to hurt our country? I don't think so. So really the key issue here is being judicious in modernizing our national security system.
August 6: Flight to New Hampshire
August 7: Meet with State Republican Legislative Leaders in Concord
August 8-10: Concord Barnstorming
August 11: Phonebank with supporters at state HQ in Manchester
August 12: Meet with UNH College Republicans in Durham
August 13: Meet Voters at fish markets in Portsmouth
August 14: Meet Voters in Salem, Massachusetts
August 15: Meet voters in Boston, see Fenway Park
August 16: Meeting with Governor Mitt Romney to court endorsement, emphasize common ground on issues like healthcare reform
August 17: Return to Washington, attend briefings
August 18: Meet again with Governor Bob Ehrlich with Lt. Governor Steele at side to court endorsement
August 19: Meet with President Cheney and press to discuss Canal Hotel bombing, urge calm while mourning tragedy
August 20: Make official statement as Secretary of State on bombing, emphasize how all nations are in this struggle against terrorism and send sympathies to the family of Sergio Vieira de Mello and other victims
August 21: Attend briefings, discuss pre-debate strategy with staff
August 22: Flight to SeaTac, greet voters
August 23: Tour Pike Place Market, International District, meet with Asian community leaders
August 24: Meet with voters in Seattle Center, go up Space Needle and see KeyArena
August 25: Meet former Washington Governor Daniel J. Evans, court endorsement, fundraiser with GOP donors in Magnolia
August 26: Drive to Olympia, meet with Secretary of State Sam Reed, court endorsement
August 27: Meet with State legislative leaders, discuss budget issues
August 28: Meet with voters
August 29: Return to Washington, discuss Imam Ali mosque bombing event with President Cheney
August 30: Meet with advisors, plan pre-debate television commercial
August 31: Film Commercial to be aired before first Republican debate

Open in on Colin Powell working at his home desk in the afternoon, he looks toward the camera

Hi there, my name's Colin Powell, and I'm running for president. Now I know you might be wondering, with all of these people running, what can you bring to the White House?

Archive photos of events mentioned appear as he speaks

Well let me tell you, from a young age, I've always wanted to serve my country. I joined the army shortly after it was first desegregated. I served in Vietnam, where my efforts in pulling men from a helicopter crash won me a purple heart. I served under President Reagan and saw the victory of America over the Soviet Union. As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, I was instrumental in the success of operation Desert Storm. And for the last two years, I've worked to keep our country safe as your Secretary of State.

Cut back to office

I'm not a politician, I haven't wanted to run for office all my life. I'm in this race because I believe I can best serve America with my experience. That's what I'll bring as your President.

I'm Colin Powell and I approve this message.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 12:40:09 AM »

Colin Powell Debate Answers

1. An Opening Statement. Well first of all I want to thank you Chris, MSNBC and the Reagan Presidential Library for hosting this event. I also want to thank my fellow candidates for attending. We are at a very important moment in our nation's history. We face unprecedented global challenges both at home and abroad. We are adjusting to a new world in every regard, from innovations in technology not thought possible a decade ago to new methods of terrorism that threaten our very way of life. Change is hard, but I know America can meet this moment and not lose sight of what makes our country so great. Throughout my service to this country, I've seen Americans through thick and thin always strive to do better, to make things better. As many of you may know, I served as National Security Advisor in President Reagan's administration. Under that time, we saw unprecedented success in American foreign policy, most notably, the fall of communism and the Soviet Union. After these eight years of success and all was said and done he left with grace and with the respect of the people he served. After having served under President Reagan and later holding office as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State, I've realized that great leadership can only be attained with the respect of those you lead and serve. And because I believe I know how to make America safer, create jobs, fix our economy I'm asking you to put your trust in me and my record as United States President

2. I want to tell the American people right now that under a Powell administration, their safety will be my number one priority. My whole military career, my number one goal was always to keep our people safe at all costs. It's why I ran into a burning helicopter crash in Vietnam to save my comrades. I'll work just as tirelessly as I did then on your behalf. So let's talk specifics. What we need to continue doing is using our full power to go after terrorist cells plotting attacks right here at home. Secretary Danforth has seen great success in doing this and I will make sure the Justice Department remains diligent. What is also extremely important is staying the course in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have made great progress in the last two years in the countries and we can't afford to cut and run now. We are a global leader with the strongest military in the world, I'm confident we can protect these new democracies we will create and never allow them to become hotbeds of anti-American terrorism again.

3. We need to be careful about carrying out what we set to do in that country which is to bring a stable democracy. We need to invest in infrastructure, schools, utilities. There have been unfortunate missteps in this regard, particularly with the disbanding of the Iraqi Army which may lead to thousands of new recruits for extremist groups. We must look past this and see how we can continue pragmatically into the future. I don't support a troop surge as I don't believe it is necessary at this time but we need to continue monitoring the situation closely. As president, I'll reach out to key allies and try to bring more of a multilateral coalition to rebuilding the nation. I can't give you any specific timetable for withdrawal right now, and doing so would be a gift to the terrorists. I will say that our troops will be ready to come home once we can ensure Iraqis have safe, free elections and I'm committed to accomplishing that as soon as possible.

4. Yes I do believe in evolution. It's what the science says and to me, I don't see how that's incompatible with a strong Christian faith.

5. I know this is a very controversial issue and I'm not going to deny reality on opinion polls. Me, Secretary Ridge, and Mayor Giuliani have all described ourselves as pro-choice in the past and I'm not going to change my position for opportunistic electoral reasons and I hope they would do the sam. Look, I have one position, other Republicans have another. I'm running to be a President for all Americans, and that includes all Republicans. I will respect the opinions of  every voter and every member of congress. I'm confident we can come to reasonable compromise without tearing each other apart and letting the Democrats into power. As I said at the 1996 RNC, we are a big enough party and big enough people to disagree on individual issues and still work together for our common goal, restoring the American Dream.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 02:38:32 AM »

Colin Powell September Schedule
Experienced and Distinguished

September 1: Attend Republican Debate
September 2: Return to D.C, Cabinet Meeting
September 3: Fundraiser with George Schultz in D.C
September 4: Meeting with Congressman Tom Davis, continue to court endorsement
September 5: Barnstorming in McLean, Virginia
September 6: Rally in Manssasas with Congressman Frank Wolf
September 7: Meet with Voters at the Northern Virginia Veteran's Association in Woodbridge
September 8: Meet voters in Silver Spring, Maryland
September 9: Fundraiser with Bob Ehrlich and Michael Steele in Annapolis
September 10: Attend briefings, discuss strategy with staffers, plan Michigan ground game
September 11: Give address on 2 year anniversary of 9/11 near sight of the Pentagon attack
Excerpt from Speech
While two years ago today, unspeakably evil cowards tried to take away everything we held dear in this country, we stood strong and said no. We refused to abide by the rules of those who hate freedom, democracy, our way of life. We're ready to meet all future challenges and make sure there never is another 9/11.
September 13: Meeting with Kofi Annan in Geneva
September 14: Visit to Kuwait City
September 15: Meeting with Iraqi Governing Council in Baghdad
September 16: Flight to Detroit, meet with Campaign staff in newly established state headquarters
September 17: Group phonebank with volunteers, meet with voters in City
September 18: Drive to Lansing, greet voters upon arrival
September 19: Meetings with State Legislative Leaders, discuss trade, taxation issues
September 20: Meeting with Former Governor John Engler, seeking endorsement
September 21: Drive to Kalamazoo, barnstorming
September 22: Return to D.C, attend Cabinet Meeting
September 23: Meet with Congressman Fred Upton, seeking endorsement, emphasize common ground on pragmatism
September 24: Flight to Manchester, meet with volunteers and review progress in campaign
September 25: Meet with students at Southern New Hampshire University
September 26: Rally in Portsmouth
September 27: Meeting with former Governor and White House Chief of Staff John Sununu at his home, seeking endorsement
September 28-29: Portland, Maine barnstorming
September 30: Return to Washington, meet with congressional leaders
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 02:59:29 AM »

Colin Powell October Schedule
Experienced and Distinguished

October 1: Cabinet meeting, discuss progress in Iraq
October 2: Meet again with Congressman Jeb Bradley, continue to court endorsement
October 3: Flight to Manchester, greet supporters and meet with field team
October 4: Manchester Canvassing
October 5: Drive to Concord, meet with Governor Craig Benson
October 6: Rural Merrimack County barnstorming
October 7: Drive to Montpelier, Vermont, meet with Republican state legislators
October 8: Group phonebank with Vermont supporters
October 9: Meet with voters in Burlington, court endorsement of former Congressman Peter Plympton Smith at his home
October 10: Meet with college Republicans at UVM
October 11: Townhall in Milton, Vermont
Excerpt from Townhall
What Mr. Huckabee is trying to do right now in regard to the Defense of Marriage Amendment is divisive and he knows it. This is an issue Republicans of many different stripes have many different opinions on and we cannot allow ourselves to tear each other apart before this important election. Look, marriage is between a man and a woman, but this has always been a state issue and trying to make a constitutional amendment with no chance of passing a wedge issue is the petty politics we're all tired of.
October 12: Return to Washington, attend briefings
October 13: DC Fundraiser, meeting with Congressman Mike Castle to court endorsement
October 14: Fundraiser with Bob Ehrlich in Silver Spring
October 15-16: Meet with voters in Wilmington
October 17-20: Attend APEC Summit Meeting in Bangkok
October 21: Meet with President Kibaki in Kenya
October 22: Meet with Hosni Mubarak in Sharm el-Sheikh
October 23-24: Attend International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq in Madrid
October 25: Return to DC, Attend Cabinet meeting
October 26: Flight to SeaTac, greet supporters
October 28: Meet with voters in Kent
October 29: Fundraiser with Daniel J. Evans in Seattle
October 30: Drive to Olympia, meet with gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi to seek endorsement
October 31: Return to DC, discuss strategy with advisors
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 09:21:23 PM »

Colin Powell Debate Answers

1. First of all I want to thank Brite, Chris and Wendell for moderating, my fellow candidates for attending and Fox News for hosting this debate. America stands triumphant in the world right now. We are winning the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and have successfully driven back terrorism from our shores. For the last three years, I've worked day in and day out to accomplish these goals, side by side with Presidents Bush and Cheney. I've been prepared for a task like this my whole life. From Vietnam to Operation Desert Storm to now, I've learned what it means to be a leader and most importantly, to be a good one. Now I'm hoping to step into another leadership role, the most powerful in the world. Any good leader has to build respect and trust, I'm hoping that through this campaign, you will see me as someone you can trust to protect our country and our ideals. Experience is what America needs right now, and that's what I'm offering. I hope you'll join me.

2. Over the past few months, I've been looking very closely at the economic issues affecting our country, listening to voters, meeting with my advisers and I'll say this. The way we do things is broken. We have a culture in Washington of complacency, too many politicians think they've been there done that with fixing the economy. I'm here to say that we still have major issues in this country. We need to make healthcare more affordable by cutting red tape for insurers and expanding access. The tax cuts passed by President Bush were a good start and I support further tax cuts for our middle class. We also need to repair our critical infrastructure. While we're fixing Iraq, we can't neglect our priorities at home. I'm coming at this from an outsider perspective, and that's a perspective that wants to get things done.

3. Look I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Democracy flowers when trade is free. As Secretary of State, I've seen up close how expanding trade with other nations strengthens alliances and promotes our geopolitical position. By creating a more connected, more effecient world, we can spread these values of democracy, of liberty, to people of all nations through economic means. Now in regard to the NAFTA agreement, I supported it before it was ratified and I continue to support it. The deal is a key piece of our important alliances with Canada and Mexico and if you look at the numbers, it's been a real win-win for all parties involved.

4. Look, I'm not going to lie about it. I support some gun regulations. I don't believe the Second Amendment is a guarantee for you to have any type of gun you want, at any time, for any reason. Does this mean that I don't value the right to bear arms as an essential liberty for the American People? Of course not. As President, I would value the opinions of all of my party and of all Americans on this issue. I want to listen to a variety of different perspectives, while in so doing, standing strongly against any measure that seeks to deprive Americans of their god-given rights. Look, we can make sure that these weapons are n't falling into the hands of terrorists who seek to destroy our way of life, without destroying it ourself. I know it can be done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies