Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:20:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 4987 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: January 14, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »
« edited: January 14, 2022, 11:54:55 AM by Ishan »

Governor Pataki's statement on the passing of President Bush
Today, I mourn the passing of someone who I consider to be a personal friend. I still remember meeting him in Yale at the library and even though we weren't close back then, our fates coincided when we became friends after we became Governor of our respective states. I am thankful of the President's leadership which helped New Yorkers and Americans following 9/11 and I am sure that President Bush will be viewed as one of the great presidents in history like Reagan and FDR who also provided great leadership in times of crisis. My family and I send our thoughts and prayers to the Bush family and I hope they will recover from this tragic ordeal.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »

Governor Pataki's Exploratory Campaign
In the days leading up to Summer 2003, Governor George Pataki was planning his campaign, meeting with potential campaign staff and hiring his future campaign manager, Michael DuHaime. Along with that, he was planning his early campaign, announcing an exploratory campaign days after President Bush's funeral, with his message in interviews being a devout Christian who is a leader that will fight for reasonable and pragmatic Republican values anywhere, wherever in New York or nationally. In addition, Pataki will try to focus on a internet based campaign, and while on the campaign trail, he will post short videos of his thoughts on the issues and every week, he will answer the top five questions asked on his campaign website on a video.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 03:52:04 PM »

Governor Pataki's Early Campaign (July)

July 2nd to July 4th.
On July 2nd, George Pataki will announce his run for president in his hometown of Peekskill, New York and following his speech, he will be attending various interviews, mainly boasting about his more "conservative" accomplishments there. On the Fourth of July, George Pataki will be making a speech on the Fourth of July and celebrating the Fourth of July in his hometown. Late into the night, Pataki will be flying from New Windsor to Concord, New Hampshire.

July 5th to July 12th.
After arriving in New Hampshire, Governor Pataki will make a speech around noon on his plans for a responsible government, and he will be outlining some his plans for the nation if he elected to be its chief executive in his tour of New Hampshire along with town halls. Pataki will talk about the "Christian" and cahtolic values he believes in across various churches in New Hampshire. He will also court the endorsements of various newspapers and some state senators and state representatives across New Hampshire. On the 9th, Pataki will answer his first five questions submitted by voters and supporters on "webPataki" and on the 12th, he will go on a flight to Albany.

July 13th to July 16th.
Between the 13th and the 16th, Governor Pataki shall attend to his duties as Governor, and he will record his second Q&A on "webPataki" and along with that, a webforum shall be opened to supporters and undecided voters and for people to coordinate events for the Pataki campaign on the 14th. On the fifteenth, Pataki will hold a meeting with his campaign team and attend an interview. On the sixteenth, he will meet with leaders of AIPAC to try to get their endorsement by committing to a pro-Israel position, and pointing out his wife's status as a co-founder of One Jerusalem, a pro-Israel organization.

July 17th.
On the 17th, Governor Pataki will hold a rally and town hall in Washington DC because the caucus was earlier than many primaries and because the Governor was in DC the day before, meeting with Republican district City Councilors Carol Schwartz and David Catania on a potential endorsement with a private promise of a more moderate platform socially than the Bush 2000 platform. Following the meeting, he will speak in Arlington, where he will talk about his plans to protect America and to enhance and to improve America's national security. Deep into the night, Pataki will book a flight to Des Moines, Iowa.

July 18th to July 21st.
In his short tour of Iowa, Pataki will be campaigning across Iowa, campaigning on the "Christian" values he believes in and will campaign on supporting ethanol subsidies and talking about his and his wife's efforts to help agriculture, wherever in New York or nationally, and Governor Pataki shall lay out a platform or plan on how a Pataki administration would help agriculture and farmers. Late into the night in the 21st, Pataki will fly from Waterloo to St. Louis.

July 22nd to July 23rd.
George Pataki will speak in St. Louis, where he will speak about his plan to cut red tape and he will mention how he cut red tape in New York and nationally, and he will also talk about his plans on helping small businesses in Missouri and nationally. He will also speak in Kansas City, where he will campaign on his plans for crime prevention, and how he cut crime in New York as Governor and how he will implement the some of the same measures and do some of the same actions nationally.

July 23rd to July 26th
George Pataki will attend to his gubernatorial duties, meeting with his campaign team and planning for the month of August. He will also meet with Governor Jim Douglas and Lt. Governor Brian Dubie and he'll try to court them and convince them to endorse Governor Pataki, as they are fellow Northeast moderate Republican Governors. He'll also rest and spend time with his family before going on another tour of New Hampshire.

July 26th to August 1st
George Pataki will tour New Hampshire again, meeting with local Republicans and courting for their support of the Pataki campaign, and he will conduct interviews with newspapers to get spread name recognition and to potentially get an endorsement and he'll be on local TV stations across New Hampshire, and he'll hold town halls across New Hampshire. He'll also be trying to present himself as a pragmatic and electable Republican who can win and who has enacted many "reasonable conservative" policies as Governor of New York that have led to increased growth in the economy and lower crime and a more secure New York and as President he will do the same if you vote for him to be the Republican nominee. He'll also present himself as the leader that can take America from the past to the digital future because of his campaign's investment into technology and the webPataki website. He will pledge to visit every town in New Hampshire by the time of the first primary in the nation.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 10:09:48 AM »

1. An Opening Statement (asked to include President Reagan somehow in your remarks)

Thank you Chris and Joe for being our moderators tonight and thank you to the Reagan library for hosting this debate today. I remember meeting President Reagan when I was Mayor of Peekskill in 1987, and I am a Republican in the vein of Reagan, because President Reagan's presidency was the definition of "good government" that worked for the people. If the people elect me to be your President, I will continue our fight for a "good" government that works for the people like Reagan and Bush did when they were Presidents.

2. Gentlemen. It has been a scary three years for most Americans. Terrorists attacked us on 9/11, shocking the nation and leading us into a global war on terrorism. Only a few months ago, the President of the United States suddenly died. Americans want to know more than anything, how will you keep them safe, and what makes you the candidate best prepared to do so?

I was Governor of New York during 9/11, and as Governor of New York, I helped lead the city's recovery and I ensured people that New York City was safe after people were thinking that New York wasn't safe and as President, I will ensure that the nation is safe from terrorism. I believe that a proactive response towards terrorism will make sure that the nation and our freedom are safe from the danger of terrorism and will ensure that the chances of another terrorist attack lowers by a lot. I am thankful to the late President George W. Bush for being a strong leader after the horror of 9/11 and implementing the common-sense measures needed to strengthen our nation's national security and to make our nation safe from terrorism.

3. We have around 150,000 soldiers stationed in Iraq. Combat with Ba'athist forces is ending, but an insurgency is developing, especially in the Sunni Triangle, where groups like Jamaat Ansar al-Sunna are thriving. What will you do to bring the situation in Iraq under control, and establish a functioning democracy? When can we expect our soldiers to return home if you are President?

As President I will ensure that our boys are home before the decade ends and be treated as heroes because they won Iraq! In my comprehensive plan on the Iraq War released on GeorgePataki.com or you can find it by googling webPataki, I have made several videos about the Iraq War and under a Pataki Presidency, I will ensure that our boys will be home before the decade ends, by making sure that Iraq's government is fair and equitable to every citizen, regardless if they are Shia, Sunni, Kurdish, or Christian, they should all be treated equally and I will make sure that the Iraqi military is at the same standard or better than many western militaries and we'll make sure that they are prepared to fight. If you want a President that will make Iraq secure, vote George Pataki for President.

4. (Please keep your answer to a few sentences). Do you believe in the theory of evolution?

As a devout christian and catholic throughout my life, I believe that humans evolved with the guidance of god and I do not see this in conflict with my faith.

To Governor Pataki: What makes you more qualified to be President than other people on this stage?

I am more qualified to be President than the other people in this stage because I have won in one of the most liberal states in the nation while passing common sense conservative policies like being the Governor who cut taxes the most and increasing the credit rating of New York by 3 along with reducing crime and making New York a better and safer to live. If you vote for George Pataki, you will vote for an electable common sense conservative who has implemented pragmatic conservative policies which helped many New Yorkers and will help the nation.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 02:20:14 PM »

Governor Pataki's Campaign (September 1st to October 31st)

September 1 - Attend Republican Debate in Simi Valley

September 2 - 5
Between the second and the fifth, George Pataki will be doing his gubernatorial duties and then flying out to Manchester, where he will host town halls and make speeches. He will also be meeting with various local figures in the area, including former Mayor and Executive Councilor Raymond Wieczorek, along with various City Councilors, including City Councilor and candidate for Mayor Frank Guinta.

September 6
During the sixth, Pataki will unveil his plan for Israel to potentially get the support of AIPAC following the withrdaw of Lieberman, as his wife, Libby is a founder of a pro-Israel organization One Jerusalem along with Deputy PM Natan Sharansky, and the plan includes moving the American embassy to Jerusalem and various other changes that will favor Israel and Pataki will try to position himself as the pro-Israel candidate.

September 7-24
During these days, George Pataki will campaign in the small towns of New Hampshire, mostly visiting 10 or 15 towns per day, meeting with ordinary voters in town halls and speeches and trying to secure the support of local leaders and state representatives, trying to secure their support. During the 15th, George Pataki will release his platform for the environment on "webPataki" and running an open campaign, inviting reporters to follow him so he could get attention to make sure that people are aware of his campaign while visiting the towns where few people live in.

September 25-31
George Pataki will relax and focus on his gubernatorial duties in New York.

October 1-3
George Pataki will fundraise, using "webPataki" to ask for donations and meeting with various moderate Republican fundraisers to convince them to support George Pataki.

October 3-20 - Campaigning in New Hampshire

October 21-23 Campaigning in Iowa

October 24-30 Focus on Gubernatorial duties

October 31 Meeting with John Sununu and convincing him to support Pataiki
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies