Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 4825 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 14, 2022, 04:26:06 PM »

Joe Lieberman announces for President

June 9, 2003

In the last week, we've lost a leader and visionary in President Bush. Unfortunately, the candidates who are running to replace him in both parties, there are no leaders running. There are those in my party who either do not wish to stay the course on Iraq, or voted against Iraq in the first place. And then there are the Republicans, who range from opportunists to flat out dangerous demagouges like Pat Robertson, who use religion to divide the masses.

I'm running for President because we need to stay the course on Iraq, and bring America back to the great nation I know it is.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 05:02:44 PM »

Schedule for Joe Lieberman

June 7, 2003

Attend funeral of President Bush

June 8, 2003

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

June 9, 2003

Announce Presidential Campaign, Washington D.C

June 10, 2003

Campaign Rally at New Britain Stadium, New Britain Stadium, New Britain, Connecticut

You know, I watch the Red Sox, I watch the Mets, I watch the Yankees, and I see these players, that have these bodies that clearly aren't being sculpted by natural means. Now, I'm not going to call out specific players, but it's rather clear that players are being enhanced beyond what the human body is capable of when playing not just baseball, but other sports, and Congress and the Justice Department needs to step in.

Meet with AIPAC President Amy Friedkin (seeking endorsement), San Francisco, California.

June 11, 2003

Meet Voters, Tombstone, Arizona

Meet Voters, Lake Montezuma, Arizona

June 12, 2003

Meet Voters, Dixville Notch New Hampshire

Meet with former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen (Seeking Endorsement), Manchester, New Hampshire

June 13, 2003

Meet with former Vice President Al Gore (seeking Endorsement), Washington D.C.

June 14-27

Senate duties, Washington D.C

June 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Marne, Iowa

Meet Voters in Greenfield, Iowa

June 29, 2003

Meet Voters in Rock Rapids, Iowa

Meet Voters in Inwood, Iowa

June 30, 2003

Meet with Governor Tom Vilsack (seeking endorsement), Des Moines, Iowa.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 06:32:03 PM »

Joe Lieberman, Schedule for July 2003

July 1-6, 2003

Travel to Iraq and Afghanistan (With Chris Dodd)

July 7, 2003

Rally, Midwest City, Oklahoma

Our climate is changing. Tornadoes are going to be more violent, hurricanes are going to be more frequent, blizzards are going to be more severe, and yet Republicans are uninterested in pursuing the truth of climate science. It's practically a crime against humanity.

Speech at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma

When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan this past week, I saw two wars that can be won. My rivals in the Democratic field want to cut and run, and abandon Iraq and Afghanistan to terrorists. That won't do at all. The only thing that could be worse than what we are going through now, with our failures to capture Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, is a defeated U.S Military.

July 8, 2003

Rally in Bettendorf, Iowa

President Bush, may he rest in peace, once said Islam was not the enemy in the fight against terrorism. In light of the rhetoric being spoken by Reverend Robertson, I would like to reiterate that. Not all Muslims become terrorists. Indeed, some of the finest people in the world, like Benazir Bhutto, for example, are Muslim, not only aren't terrorists, but oppose terrorism with every fiber of their being.

Meet voters in Buffalo, Iowa

Meet voters in Durant, Iowa

Rally at John O'Donnell Stadium, Davenport, Iowa

John McCain had it right when he said that people like Reverend Robertson were agents of intolerance. If Reverend Robertson had his way, my entire religion would have perished in the Holocaust. If Reverend Robertson had his way, there would be no religions anywhere in the world, except for his warped vision of Christianity.

Once, while preparing for my Vice Presidential debate with President Cheney, I took the time to read through the New Testament, and I was struck by just how much people like Reverend Robertson don't follow the teachings of Jesus. They don't love their neighbor as themselves, they don't turn the other cheek, they don't render unto Caesar what must be Caesar's and God, what must be God's and they don't consider the love of the money the root of all evil. They are hypocrites, and I call on Americans, be they Democrats, Republicans or Independents, religious or secular, to reject him and his ilk.

July 9-12, 2003

July 13, 2003

Meet with former Secretary of Agriculture Mike Espy, Jackson, Mississippi (seeking endorsement)

Rally in Pass Christian, Mississippi

Mississippi along with Georgia are the only states that still use a variation of the Confederate Flag in the designs of their state flags. The use of the Confederate Flag is literally state sponsored hatred, and should be abolished. As President, I will withhold all federal funds from Mississippi and Georgia until their state flags to designs that do not recall the Confederacy.

Meet with Governor Ronnie Musgrove, Pass Christian, Mississippi, (seeking endorsement)

July 14-27, 2003

July 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Groton, New Hampshire

Meet with former Ambassador to Denmark Richard "Dick" Swett, Sugar Hill, New Hampshire (Seeking Endorsement)

Meet Voters in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire

July 29-July 31 2003

Constituent Work, Connecticut.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »

Joe Lieberman, Schedule for August 2003

August 1-10, 2003

August 11, 2003

Meet with Senator Frank Lautenberg in Newark, New Jersey (seeking endorsement)

August 12, 2003

Speech in Shanksville, Pennsylvania

While I strongly believe that Islam as a whole is not our enemy in the war against terrorism, one country exports a radical brand of Islam around the world seeking to destroy not the west, but the lives of Muslims everywhere. This country is Saudi Arabia. Not only were fifteen of the nineteen hijackers on 9/11 Saudi, but Osama Bin Laden himself was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. The fact is, the Saudi's are 100% responsible for 9/11, and we need to do whatever it takes to punish them. As President, I'll institute punishing sanctions on the Saudi Government for their role in orchestrating the attacks on 9/11.

August 13-21

August 22-31

Debate Preparation, Hartford, Connecticut

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 07:16:06 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2022, 09:49:50 PM by NYE »

Democratic Presidential Debate: Joe Lieberman

This First Presidential Primary is considered a great way to separate the pretenders from the contenders. I hope to be considered a contender in this race.

1. Part of the problem is the specific brand of Salafi Islam practiced in places like Saudi Arabia which help Al-Qaeda flourish. Since Saudi Arabia is unable or unwilling to take down the Salafis, and may be supporting them, it falls to us to do so. Obviously, I don't want to put American troops in Saudi Arabia. That would be a disaster of epic scale. But a judicious use of sanctions, and not purchasing Saudi oil, should be enough to spur the Saudi Government into action to crack down on the Salafi Preachers and corrupt officials that helped Al-Qaeda grow and thrive.

We also shouldn't forget about the problems of domestic terrorism. Just because Islamic Terrorism has taken over our attention after 9/11, doesn't mean people like Timothy McVeigh aren't still out there. As President, I'll push for the biggest budget increase the FBI has ever received, so we can fight terrorism, at home and abroad.

2. I won't consider withdrawing from Iraq or Afghanistan until victory has been achieved. That may mean we never withdraw from Iraq or Afghanistan, and you what, if that's the price we pay for keeping America safe from terrorism, that's fine with me.

3. Safety. I will bring Safety to America.

4. The only thing than what is going on right now in Iraq and Afghanistan is a United States Military that is defeated on the battlefield. That's the lesson Senator Kerry should have learned from his service in Vietnam, and that's the lesson I will apply as President.

5. Senator, I'll make things very clear to you. There are Muslim countries that very much are allies, and have behaved like our allies all this time, like Jordan, for example. Suadi Arabia, because of there behavior in spreading a very specific brand of Wahabi Islam is not an ally, and most certainly has not behaved like one, and for you or anyone else to say that they are is quite honestly, naive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies