Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 4826 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:10 PM »

[1]

Welcome to Eagle in Peril, an election game for an alternate 2004 election, in which President George W. Bush tragically died in 2003, leaving the nation with a vacuum of leadership at a critical point in its history, and in the middle of the new war on terror, a war unique in the history of global wars. America faces challenges at home and abroad, and many candidates will be vying for a chance to lead America in these times, when the American eagle is truly in peril.

Welcome to the game thread, I expect most of you know what you're doing, but for those who don't, this is a quick rundown. There will be turns, lasting each a few months, or less depending where we're at in the game. You'll be posting your schedule for what your candidate is doing during these turns, whether they're campaigning, appearing on a national book circuit, speaking to state conventions of gatherings of various interest groups, or performing the duties of the office they may currently hold. You'll also post your speeches on various issues, ads of various kinds, and anything you deem necessary to specify what you want your campaign to be doing. Please, get creative, I rather see more than just a list of dates and locations. You also do not need to start with your announcement, and can post about your pre-announcement activities. When necessary, you will also post your debate answers here.

And finally, a note on endorsements. Unlike in previous games, you will not get endorsements by just asking for them. You'll have to court them in-game. For instance, meeting with a labor union that you want on-side (this should be mentioned in your schedule), or meeting with a certain televangelist, or a specific environmental advocacy organizations. I may also include specific opportunities to pitch to certain national newspapers. You will also receive some endorsements automatically, at my digression. If you want to see examples of this, I encourage you to peruse my previous game.

The game will begin in June of 2003. I will place some helpful links below. Remember to keep all out of character discussion in the signup thread, if you have public questions, put them there, if you have confidential questions, message me. And thank you all for playing, this cannot happen without you.

[1] Wikimedia Commons, music is not an endorsement of the film from which it originates
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:26 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 02:15:19 PM by KaiserDave »

Turn I: June 1st 2003-August 31st 2003

Remembering President George W. Bush 1946-2003
Celebrating the life of our 43rd President. Story continued...

President Cheney Signs "Bush Tax Cuts" II
President Cheney solemnly signed the "Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003", which he dedicated to the late President Bush, and his "earnest desire to see more this country's prosperity in the hands of ordinary folks." Story Continued....

Jon Kyl Confirmed as Vice President
Arizona Senator Jon Kyl was confirmed by the Senate in an overwhelming majority vote this morning, cracking 90 votes in the upper chamber. Kyl will join his fellow westerner President Dick Cheney in the executive branch, bringing his considerable experience, congressional connections, and gravitas to bear in an administration looking for direction. Kyl has already ruled out running for President in 2004. Len Munsil was appointed to fill the Senate seat by the Governor. Story Continued....

Mission Accomplished? Iraqi Dictator Saddam Remains at Large
Saddam Hussein, the now deposed longtime dictator of Iraq remains at large, Secretary Rumsfeld declares all efforts are being undertaken to apprehend the criminal ruler. Story Continued....

Howard Dean for President?
Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean is making waves with Democrats. Bursting onto the scene declaring " "What I want to know is what in the world so many Democrats are doing supporting the President's unilateral intervention in Iraq?" at the March 2003 California State Democratic Convention, this Vermonter is rising in the polls among Democrats. Story Continued....

Newsweek Polls the Presidential Nominations for 2004
Republican Primary Poll

Poll taken from June 9th to June 13th

Sample Size: 1,021
MoE: +/- 3.9%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-8%
Rudy Giuliani-25%
Jeb Bush-18%
Colin Powell-13%
John McCain-12%
Tom Ridge-7%
George Allen: 5%
Ron Paul-3%
Mike Huckabee-3%
George Pataki-3%
Pat Robertson-2%

Democratic Primary Poll
Sample Size: 1,002
MoE: +/- 4.1%
Undecided/Unfamiliar/Other-9%
Joe Lieberman-21%
Howard Dean-19%
Dick Gephardt-14%
John Kerry-13%
Wesley Clark-9%
Joe Biden-7%
John Edwards-5%
Carol Moseley Braun-4%
Dennis Kucinich-2%
Gary Locke-1%

All Images Wikimedia Commons
Note: Remember early polls are just that, EARLY

I didn't add, but you have TWO weeks for this turn. If everybody finishes their turn early we can move on.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2022, 02:28:39 PM by KaiserDave »

Endorsements List

Republicans
Rudy Giuliani:
New York Congressman Peter King
Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York
New Jersey Congressman Frank LoBiondo
New York Congressman Jim Walsh
New York State Senator Joseph Bruno
New York Real Estate Developer Donald Trump
Jeb Bush:
Former President George H. W. Bush
Former First Lady Barbara Bush
Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist
Florida Congressman Adam Putnam
Colin Powell:
Former Massachusetts Senator Edward Brooke
Maryland Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele
Former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger
Former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft
John McCain:
Retired Admiral Jerome L. Johnson
Retired Admiral Admiral George Kinnear
Arizona Congressman Jeff Flake
Arizona Congressman Rick Renzi
Arizona Congressman John Shadegg
Arizona Congressman Jim Kolbe
Tom Ridge:
Former Pennsylvania Governor Mark Schweiker
Pennsylvania Congressman Phil English
Former Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania Bill Scranton III
Mike Huckabee:
Arkansas Congressman John Boozman
Pro-Life Activist Janet L. Folger
George Pataki:
Former Lieutenant Governor Betsy McCaughey
New York State Assemblyman John Faso
Secretary of State of New York Randy Daniels
Pat Robertson:
Televangelist Kenneth Copeland

Democrats
Joe Lieberman:
Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd
Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal
Howard Dean:
Vermont Senator Pat Leahy
Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords
Vermont Congressman Bernie Sanders
John Kerry:
Massachusetts Congressman Stephen Lynch
Massachusetts Congressman Ed Markey
Massachusetts Attorney General Thomas Reilly
Former Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis
Wesley Clark:
Former Senator George McGovern
Former UN Ambassador Andrew Young
Joe Biden:
Delaware Senator Tom Carper
Carol Moseley Braun:
Reverend Al Sharpton

If there is anything you believe to be missing, or things I should include that you should have to start, just tell me.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 05:30:51 PM »

Senator Biden remembers President Bush

On Face the Nation, Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware delivered a personal eulogy of President Bush
"Look, you had a man who tirelessly fought for what he believed in, and look we may have disagreed on a lot but I had such a great deal of respect for the man. I send my thoughts and prayers to Laura and their two beautiful daughters. And I know that sooner or later that the thought of their father, the thought of her husband will bring a smile to your mouth before it brings tears to your eyes, I promise you.

May God bless the soul of President George Walker Bush, and may God bless America.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 06:22:14 PM »

Former Mayor Giuliani comemorates President Bush

George Bush was a strong leader who has helped lead us out of the vast destruction from 9/11, but most importantly he was an excellent family man. My deepest sympathies are with his parents George and Barbara, his wife Laura, his daughters Jenna and Barbara, his brothers Jeb, Neil, and Marvin, and sister Dorothy, as they deal with unspeakable tragedy.
RGM2609
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 06:49:08 PM »

Governor Bush comemorates President Bush

"Words could never be enough to describe the great pain that our family as well as the country is going through right now. My brother has always been a role model to me and an example of patriotism, integrity, perseverence, hard work, kindness and dignity. I couldn't be prouder of him and his many accomplishments as President. May God bless his soul and give us comfort as we mourn, for we all need it in such hard times. May my brother, my friend and our President rest in peace, and may God bless America."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 08:12:27 PM »

views expressed here are not reflective of mine, nor of any sane person

Pat Robertson for President - Announcement Speech

Hello, my friends.

In these troubled times, it is more important than ever that we, as a people, stay close to God - and He bears a dark message. The evil forces of Islamism, gayism, and above all, feminism, are dragging our once great society into the fiery depths of hell. They have seeped into our schools and our households, poisoning the pure Christian minds of God's children. And, they have committed great acts of terror, striking down those who resist their maleficent temptations. It was Islamism that brought down the Twin Towers, and it was the malevolent specter of feminism that killed President Bush. The queen of feminism, Hillary Clinton, the great Satan, was behind this attack and is surely cackling on her coal-black throne in the deepest depths of Hell.

But that is not all. God tells me that even the Republican Party has been invested with this bile. The so-called 'moderates' want to bend the knee to absolute rule by communists and liberal cuckolds. I am even told of rampant homosexuality in the Republican primary who will make every child in America gay if we true conservatives do not do anything about it. No candidate has the courage to stand up against the Islamist, feminist establishment. No other candidate can return this country to God.

I am running for President to stop the spread of sodomy, feminism, liberalism, and communism. The other Republican candidates are too weak to do this. I also love babies. There should be no limit to the number of babies born. We can't afford to wait until the liberals have finished destroying America with liberalism, sodomy, feminism, and communism. I am a family man who will stop all of the above with violence if necessary. I think you should vote for me.

The Republican Party is afraid of Jesus, I am not afraid of our Lord. I represent the millions of Christians in America who will not be silenced. We want traditional marriage, we want prayer in schools, and we want a flag burning amendment. We must be a nation of God again. That is why I am running. I have worked in broadcasting for years, spreading this message, I have run for President before, and so I'll be running again now. Let’s restore our values, let's return to America of God, and help elect a conservative, pro-family President of the United States of America.

And to the rest of this country, who suffer under the delusions of so-called liberal thought, it is not too late. Jesus still loves you, and he will forgive you for your sins. Join our movement, and we will make this country great again.

Brother Jonathan

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 08:42:02 PM »

Senator McCain’s Statement on the Passing of President George W. Bush

“When this nation was rocked by the terrible attacks of September 11th, when all our eyes were glued to our televisions and we watched the destruction and the horror live, it was hard to believe what we were seeing. So many people were paralyzed by fear, but thankfully we had a President in that dark hour ready to lead us. Out of that terrible day, out of all that terror, a true American leader shone through. George W. Bush rose above the rubble of that day and helped this nation dust itself off and get us back on our feet. l. He put us on the path to recovery, he helped us find our swagger again, and in uncertain times he provided a steady hand and an unflinching vision that, like Ronald Reagan’s, reminded us of what is best about America. He belongs now to the ages. His entire family is in our Prayers.”
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 09:37:12 PM »

BIDEN RECONSIDERS DECISION ON 2004 BID

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr, the longtime Senior Senator from Delaware has as of last month ruled out a second run for President of the United States, but since the tragic and sudden death of President George W. Bush and the ascension of Richard B. Cheney as President, aides and allies to Mr. Biden have suggested that he has done a full 180 on the issue.

Mr. Biden, 60, has previously run for President, back in 1988 but dropped out after allegations of plagiarism burned his campaign. Sources close to Mr. Biden indicate that he believes he is the only one that can unite the Democratic field to defeat candidates such as Mayor Rudy Giuliani or Governor Jeb Bush, who is the brother of the deceased President.

No final decision has been made by Biden or the Biden team.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:40 PM »

DHS Secretary Tom Ridge's statement on the passing of President Bush

Today, I mourn the passing of a friend, colleague, and leader. When our nation was attacked on 9/11, President Bush helped unite us as one people and direct us out of the crisis. We are thankfully much safer now than on that fateful day thanks to his leadership. Michele and I send out our thoughts and prayers to the Bush family in this difficult time.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2022, 11:54:55 AM by Ishan »

Governor Pataki's statement on the passing of President Bush
Today, I mourn the passing of someone who I consider to be a personal friend. I still remember meeting him in Yale at the library and even though we weren't close back then, our fates coincided when we became friends after we became Governor of our respective states. I am thankful of the President's leadership which helped New Yorkers and Americans following 9/11 and I am sure that President Bush will be viewed as one of the great presidents in history like Reagan and FDR who also provided great leadership in times of crisis. My family and I send our thoughts and prayers to the Bush family and I hope they will recover from this tragic ordeal.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 04:26:06 PM »

Joe Lieberman announces for President

June 9, 2003

In the last week, we've lost a leader and visionary in President Bush. Unfortunately, the candidates who are running to replace him in both parties, there are no leaders running. There are those in my party who either do not wish to stay the course on Iraq, or voted against Iraq in the first place. And then there are the Republicans, who range from opportunists to flat out dangerous demagouges like Pat Robertson, who use religion to divide the masses.

I'm running for President because we need to stay the course on Iraq, and bring America back to the great nation I know it is.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 05:02:44 PM »

Schedule for Joe Lieberman

June 7, 2003

Attend funeral of President Bush

June 8, 2003

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

June 9, 2003

Announce Presidential Campaign, Washington D.C

June 10, 2003

Campaign Rally at New Britain Stadium, New Britain Stadium, New Britain, Connecticut

You know, I watch the Red Sox, I watch the Mets, I watch the Yankees, and I see these players, that have these bodies that clearly aren't being sculpted by natural means. Now, I'm not going to call out specific players, but it's rather clear that players are being enhanced beyond what the human body is capable of when playing not just baseball, but other sports, and Congress and the Justice Department needs to step in.

Meet with AIPAC President Amy Friedkin (seeking endorsement), San Francisco, California.

June 11, 2003

Meet Voters, Tombstone, Arizona

Meet Voters, Lake Montezuma, Arizona

June 12, 2003

Meet Voters, Dixville Notch New Hampshire

Meet with former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen (Seeking Endorsement), Manchester, New Hampshire

June 13, 2003

Meet with former Vice President Al Gore (seeking Endorsement), Washington D.C.

June 14-27

Senate duties, Washington D.C

June 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Marne, Iowa

Meet Voters in Greenfield, Iowa

June 29, 2003

Meet Voters in Rock Rapids, Iowa

Meet Voters in Inwood, Iowa

June 30, 2003

Meet with Governor Tom Vilsack (seeking endorsement), Des Moines, Iowa.
BGBC
joshva
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 08:02:45 PM »

DSC01827 by Mike Huckabee, on Flickr

A Nation in Turmoil: The Exploratory Phrase

The 2004 Republican Primary is a wildly unprecedented one; a nation reeling from the terrorist attacks of 9/11, embroiled in two separate wars in response to it, and now President Bush, the once uncontested candidate for this year's nomination, has been made everything short of a national martyr in his death. Governor Huckabee believes that the Republican Party needs an inspiring, but unwavering, conservative to take up the mantle of leading the party in Bush's absence and run and win in November. The Arkansas Governor has been floated in some religious right circles as a potential successor to George Bush, on account of both his ability to win in a Democratic state and uncompromising cultural conservatism (two traits generally seen at odds with each other), and this election, he will seek just that.

In the early days of Summer 2003, with the nation and Huckabee himself in shock with the news of the President's death, he will lay the groundwork for his campaign and enter the national stage by announcing an exploratory committee, just as the media is in a frenzy to figure out what Republicans will be running for President to replace the late Bush. With the nation as a whole in a state of unrest, Governor Huckabee's message in interviews with national media will center around the need for inspiring leadership to lead the nation against Hussein and terrorism, but he will envelop it in a fundamentally conservative tone: strong, monogamous marriages between one man and one woman, American exceptionalism and a strong military, a new cultural movement against flag desecration and attacks on military servicemembers, etc. In doing so, he will attempt to separate himself from his more liberal opponents, like Powell and Giuliani, and connect foreign policy issues with cultural ones.

This theme of reviving hope, certainty and optimism in the nation's future and it's victory against international terror will be a massive part of his messaging to voters, as opposed to the old, simple hot-button cultural issues that surrounded Huckabee's real 2008 campaign (which worked fairly well, to be fair), though they will certainly still be apart of the broader message. The (unofficial) Huckabee campaign believes that Republican voters feel a much deeper sense of purpose in this election; many believe that there is a moral, social fabric in the United States that is fading for a variety of reasons, both internationally and at home. Governor Huckabee will attempt to capture this feeling in the heart of voters, with almost no distinction brought between his social and foreign policy aims to alleviate America's woes.

As a former pastor born and raised in the poor, small town of Hope, Arkansas, Governor Huckabee has an exceptional story to tell growing up in poverty and miraculously becoming elected in Bill Clinton's Arkansas, as well as profound credentials to back up both his values and core beliefs. In doing so, he will try to build a reputation as the ever-present underdog, not aligning with the interests of "country-club Republicans" so to speak, and seek out rural, less wealthy, religious right Republicans as a core piece of his voter base. Mike Huckabee has said before that, "I'm a conservative, but I'm not mad at anyone," and this folksy, but friendly, attitude towards major social issues will be apart of his broader appeal to simpler-minded voters who don't want to hear politicians yell at them.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:45 PM »

Statement from Secretary of State Colin Powell on the passing of President Bush

Our nation has lost a great man. President Bush was someone who knew that in a time of crisis, the most important thing is to keep the country united, stable and strong. I have no doubt that the tremendous leadership he showed after 9/11 will live on in the history books as one of the finest moments of an American president. When President Bush offered me two and a half years ago to serve as his Secretary of State, I told him it would be my honor. And truly, serving under him was one of greatest honors of my long career in U.S foreign policy. Him and his family will be in me and Alma's prayers, as will this nation. I intend to continue serving in my position under President Cheney to work together in bringing the former President's vision of a world free from terror to life.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 10:58:00 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for June 2003

June 7, 2003: Attend the funeral of President Bush
June 10, 2003: Announce presidential campaign in New York City
June 12, 2003: Meet with voters; hold a rally in Marshalltown, Iowa
June 13, 2003: Hold a town hall in Waverly, Iowa
June 14, 2003: Meet with Senator Chuck Grassley (seeking endorsement)
June 15, 2003: Hold a rally in Waterloo, Iowa

Americans have always risen up to any challenge - big or small and fought it head-on. When Al-Qaeda crashed planes into the Twin Towers and were attempting to crash planes into the Pentagon and the White House, we didn't back down, we fought back. That is that American spirit and I will embody that as your president.

June 16, 2003: Hold a town hall in Dubuque, Iowa
June 17, 2003: Hold a town hall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
June 18, 2003: Hold a town hall in Ames, Iowa
June 19, 2003: Hold a rally in Des Moines, Iowa
June 20, 2003: Hold a town hall in Sioux City, Iowa
June 22, 2003: Hold a fundraiser at Trump Tower in New York
June 24, 2003: Hold a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
June 25, 2003: Hold a town hall in Nashua, New Hampshire
June 26, 2003: Hold a town hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
June 27, 2003: Hold a town hall in Concord, New Hampshire
June 28, 2003: Hold a town hall in Laconia, New Hampshire
June 29, 2003: Hold a town hall in Dixville, New Hampshire
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:43 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2022, 11:14:12 PM by FalterinArc »

COLIN POWELL 2004 ANNOUNCEMENT

Secretary Powell made his announcement speech on East 166th Street in the South Bronx, outside his former high school, surrounded by his wife, three children and a crowd of onlookers

Thank you, thank you all.

My fellow Americans, we stand at a very uncertain time in our nation’s history. The world is watching what we do carefully. In the wake of the tragedies of 9/11 and the loss of President Bush, our country deserves stable leadership to steady the course of the challenges we face. We must acknowledge that we are in a new millennium, with new issues and adapt to them. As President Reagan once said, America is, or at least should be, that shining city on the hill for the world. If we do not set an example for the rest of the world to follow, we will fall short of the moral character that is expected from our great nation.

It's at times like this when I remember to count my blessings. If you told the kid from the South Bronx, son of immigrants that he would grow up to be the United States Secretary of State, he would have told you you were out of your mind. This opportunity I've been given to me represents what America can be at its best. We can be a nation where anyone willing to put in the work can get ahead, where opportunity is abundant and want is scarce. Unfortunately for many Americans, this is not always a reality but this idea, this faith in our society is what keeps this country moving

This faith in America, it's what my parents saw when they came to this country from Jamaica seeking the American dream. It was the same faith I saw when in Vietnam, I pulled my brothers in arms from the burning wreckage of a helicopter crash. I could see in their eyes, brave men willing to give their lives for this country and its ideals. And it's the same faith I saw in every American after the horrific loss of September 11th. Even after such devastating loss of life, we as a nation stood strong and came together. These moments, these people, that's what we're protecting, that's what we're fighting for.

I never wanted to run for office. Eight years ago, after my role in Operation Desert Storm, many a strategist approached me about a potential bid for the presidency. I declined then because I felt then I was not prepared to launch myself into the national political scene. Flash forward to the present, I've now served over two years as Secretary of State and have extensively reached out to our allies and coordinated American foreign policy. I've been tasked with keeping our mission against terrorism stable in the realm of geopolitics.  I have extensive connections to nearly every world leader and would be ready on day one to continue crafting diplomatic strategies in the best interests of our nation. Since taking office, I have also become familiar with the many domestic issues facing the families of this nation and the plans beltway politicians have ascribed to fix them. My background outside of politics has helped me see how circular this loop of public policymaking is. It's time we start proposing actual solutions to these issues, not platitudes. And it is for these reasons, that after careful consideration, I have decided to put my name in the ring as a candidate for the presidency of the United States. (applause) I'm excited to be sharing my vision of a safe, prosperous America with all of you in the coming days and I hope to see you on the campaign trail soon. Thank you and may God bless the United States of America!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 11:57:01 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2022, 12:05:19 AM by Senator OBD »

Robertson Fundraiser - Council Bluffs, Iowa

Hello to our loyal supporters. My name is Pat Robertson, I am an evangelist and spreader of the word of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am running for President to stop the spread of liberalism, drugs, lesbianism, feminism, and Islamism. Our country may soon be lost to these evil forces, but we have time to stop it. That's why I am running for President. But I need your financial support to do so, so today I am asking for your financial support. Here are some questions that people have had for me:

Q. How are you going to stop the spread of feminism and homosexuality?

A. It's simple, just go back to a time when homosexuals had no rights, just as women didn't. When they were forced to wear dresses, and live in small rooms, not allowed to read and speak freely. That was before the feminist revolution, before homosexuality became accepted. That was before the 'Gay Pride' revolution, when homosexual behavior was considered a heinous crime, a sin like murder, rape, or stealing. No matter how much they have changed society, they will never be happy unless the government forces people to be like them, and if the gov't is out of control then homosexuals will get their way.

Q. Can I donate your campaign contribution money to a charity that helps others who are in need?

A. Yes, I would encourage you to. If you do donate money, and you decide that you would like to do some missionary work, I would encourage you to do so, as I believe the best way to share Jesus with people is through their lives.
Q. Who is funding your campaign?

A. The people in this country are not rich, but the people that are running this country are rich. They don't need your money, but they will take it anyway, if that is how they gain their support. They've already started to destroy this country. Don't let them destroy it further. You can join the revolution. That is why I am running for President. If you join me, I promise you this, it will never be the same again. It will be glorious. You will be in the driver's seat. That's why I am running for President. But I need your financial support to do so, so today I am asking for your financial support.

Q. How are you going to stop the spread of drugs, prostitution and homosexuality?

A. You don't have to stop those things. I will. They are already being stopped, and we'll make things worse. That's why I am running for President. The only way you can stop those things is to take back control of this country and put people back in charge. We will do that, but we need your financial support to do so, so today I am asking for your financial support. Here are some questions that people have had for me:

Q. Will I be fighting against Islam?

A. Of course. It is a Satanic cult that murders infidels. We will destroy it, if we can, before it destroys us. That's why I am running for President. But I need your financial support to do so, so today I am asking for your financial support.

Q. Will you be calling a National Day of Prayer?

A. Yes, on October 2, 2003. I will also be calling a National Day of Prayer on February 26, 2004. We need to do that now, while we still have a chance. November 2004 is when we'll see if there is a miracle, or if we will lose our country and end up in the same situation as the people in Europe and the Middle East. Or worse, and God will unleash all his wrath.

Q. How will you stop the LGBT community?

A. The LGBT community has become completely decadent and evil. They are destroying this country with their drugs, porn, prostitution, and homosexuality. If we are going to win, we need to end those things first.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »

Senator Biden June Itinerary

June 1st - 3rd | Delaware

June 1st:
Arrive in Delaware from Washington
Discuss with the family the possibility of running for President
Call local Democratic party leaders in Iowa

June 2nd:
Schedule trips to Iowa after Bush’s funeral
Hold call with longtime donors, gauge a potential presidential campaign

June 3rd:
Meet with potential candidates for campaign manager
Final meeting with family, finalize decision to run and roles family members will play.
Board Amtrak back to Washington

June 4th | Washington

June 4th:
Senate duties, talk to officials at DNC HQ.
Tell Tom Carper about my intentions to run, secure his endorsement

June 5th - 6th | Senate duties

June 7th:
Attend President Bush’s funeral
Talk to First Lady Laura, send my condolences.
Congregate with other Democratic Senators, discuss 2004 elections

June 8th | Senate Duties
June 9th | Delaware

June 9th:
Launch the “Backbone of America Tour” in front of Wilmington City Hall

Folks, let's get real about the America of today. Too many Average and hard-working Americans are being left behind and counted out, so that is why I am launching the "Backbone of America Tour" in the coming weeks I will be traveling America hearing their concerns, and learning what matters to them!

Let's get to work, for an America, we believe in and the America we deserve, cause this truly is a battle for the soul of our nation.

Take pictures with locals
Eat ice cream with young children

June 10th | Iowa - Backbone of America Tour Begins

June 10th:
Town hall in Des Moines on the economy.
Meet with local labor union leaders, discuss path forward for workers
Talk to local Iowa Democratic officials on how the political environment has changed since 1988.

June 11th | South Carolina

June 11th:
Meet with local civil rights leader
Town hall on the right to vote
Shake hands with locals, introduce self to potential voters.

June 12th - 13th | Rest in Delaware
June 14th - 16th | Attend to Senate duties
June 17th | Arizona

June 17th:
Interview with ABC7 Phoenix.

Look, I launched the American Backbone, I mean, *chuckles* Backbone of America tour for a simple reason, to gauge American's thoughts on the issues facing our country today, ya know I grew up in Scranton and ya know people in cities and towns like Scranton are not often heard of listened too so that's really what this is all about.

Meet with the Arizona Democratic Party Chair, get info on filing requirements for the Arizona Primary.
Congregate with locals, have Baskin Robbins with small children

June 18th | Michigan

June 18th:
Town hall in Detroit on how to tackle crime.
Meet with local civil rights leaders, pledge support.
Attend a block party, dance with locals.

June 19th | New York

June 19th:
Interview with Good Morning America
Go to a local pizzeria, try folded pizza for the first time.
Secure fundraising promises from influential NYC donors

June 20th | Pennsylvania

June 20th:
Meeting with Governor Ed Rendell to talk about poverty
Visit old Biden home for a photo op.
Tour possible campaign HQ locations.

June 21st - June 26th | Senate Duties + Rest
June 27th - 28th | New Mexico

June 27th:
Meet with Latino Advocacy Groups in Santa Fe
Town hall on protecting the environment in Santa Fe
Chat with locals, eat ice cream with teenagers.

June 28th:
Eat breakfast in small Santa Fe diner
Tour local warehouses.
Discuss early campaign strategy with small team

June 29th | Delaware

June 29th:
Attend Mass with Jill and Ashley
Hold strategy meeting in living room.
Make phone calls to potential donors.

June 30th | Rest
RGM2609
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 05:28:28 AM »

Jeb Bush announces candidacy in Des Moines, Iowa

My fellow Americans,

Today, we stand at a crossroads in American history. Only two years after the tragedy of 9/11, we have once again been struck by pain, as we have lost our Commander-In-Chief. I could never describe in words what I felt when these heartbreaking events happened, especially as I have lost my dear brother, and I am sure many of you here today can agree with me. However, America must never allow itself to be put down. Instead, it must strengthen itself and rise back better than ever.

This is why I have made a very difficult decision. I will admit that I had doubts that I could do it, following the grief caused by the death of my beloved brother. However, I have decided to do the right thing, and persevere in fighting to secure the legacy of President Bush by running myself for the highest office in the land. Our country needs competent and strong leaders, it needs dignified and stable governance. These are the values I believe in and which I invite you to join me and my campaign in fighting for. Only together, will we be able to defeat terrorism and keep our country safe. Only together, will we manage to rise to the challenges ahead of us. And only together, will we maintain our country as a beacon of hope despite these times of hardships. This is why I am running, to continue the hard work of my brother in securing our future and keep America strong. Thank you.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2022, 04:54:51 PM »

Ron Paul remembers president Bush

“Ladies and gentlemen, on this horrific day, america has lost a true Patriot. A great man who I had the pleasure of meeting. George W. Bush. We should all take a day to mourn for this National hero, and send prayers to the Bush family”
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:49 PM »

Colin Powell June Schedule:

June 1: Meeting with Italian Foreign Minister Frattini in Rome
June 2: Briefing with Pope John Paul II in Vatican City
June 3: Meet with leaders of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Palestine with President Cheney
June 4: Meet Prime Ministers Sharon and Abbas in Aqaba with President Cheney
June 5: Accompany President Cheney to Qatar
June 6: Return with President Cheney to Washington and meet with congressional leaders
June 7: Attend State Funeral of President Bush, make statement
June 8-9: Attend OAS General Assembly meeting in Chile
June 10: Meeting with President Kirchner in Buenos Aires
June 11: Return to D.C, attend White House briefings
June 12: Meet with staff, plan trips to early primary states
June 13: Attend interviews with Sunday morning political talk shows, indicate intent to announce campaign
June 14: Campaign announcement in South Bronx (Previous post)
June 15: Shake hands with voters outside in the city, meet with Orthodox Jewish leaders to seek endorsements
June 16: Meetings with New York Young Republicans Club, Mayor Michael Bloomberg
June 17-18: Attend ASEAN Regional Forum meeting in Cambodia
June 19: Meet Prime Minister Zia in Bangladesh
June 20: Meet with Prime Ministers Sharon and Abbas
June 22-23: Attend World Economic Forum in Jordan
June 24: Return to Washington D.C, attend briefings and meet with Senator Judd Gregg to court endorsement
June 25: Meet with D.C Republican Party Chairman Betsy Werronen and host fundraiser with supporters
June 26: Flight to Manchester, greet supporters on the ground and in the city
June 27: Meetings with Governor Craig Benson, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
June 28: Drive to Laconia, meet with voters
June 29: Meeting with New Hampshire Veteran's Association in Laconia
June 30: Flight back to Washington, attend briefings
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »

Senator McCain's June 2003 Schedule

Msc 2006-Saturday, 16.00 - 18.00-IMG 0472
Sebastian Zwez, CC BY 3.0 DE <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/de/deed.en>, via Wikimedia Commons

June 1st- Speak at Memorial for President Bush in Phoenix

“We have lost a President who has seen the world at its worst and America at its best, a President who, with unflinching resolve rose to meet the challenges of a new world, never uncertain of the values and the commitments that our nation has always held dear. Our nation is now united in remembering a man who led us through dark times with a sunny optimism that came so easy to him. Whatever our future may hold, we owe George W. Bush a debt of gratitude for his leadership in one of our nation's darkest hours.”

June 2nd- Return to Washington DC.

June 3rd- Meet with President Cheney with the Armed Services Committee. Brief press conference afterward.

Q: Senator McCain, how has the transition impacted the United States military preparedness?

A: Our armed forces stand alert and ready as always. This is the sort of thing we always have to be ready for. President Bush’s passing was a shock to us all, but the US military was ready, as it should be, to ensure that the United States was able to project strength when and where it was needed in a time of crisis. 

Q: Any discussion with President Cheney about the continued search for Saddam Hussein?

A: We discussed it briefly. I have no doubt that we will bring Hussein to justice, it is only a matter of time. Our men and women in uniform have worked diligently to find him, and he can only hide for so long. I have no doubt we will find him if we take the right steps.

June 4th- Meeting with Sen. John Kyl to discuss his nomination to be Vice President.

June 5th-6th- Senate duties, speech on the floor on the situation in Iraq

“Our efforts in Iraq must be concerted if we hope to finish the job that President Bush started. The end of major combat operations is just a start. We must be prepared to work with the new Iraqi government to rebuild a nation that has been left behind through the backward and cruel tactics of a dictator. It is in our interests to ensure an Iraq whole and free.”

June 7th- Attend the funeral of President George W. Bush

June 8th- Appear on NBC’s Meet the Press to discuss President Bush’s legacy and the situation in Iraq

Q: Has the situation in Iraq been impacted at all by the passing of President Bush, did this create any sort of turmoil in Iraq or the region more broadly?

A: No, thankfully broadly speaking it hasn’t. The usual actors made their noise, but for the most part, our military over there has been able to keep the ship steady. I’ve heard from many of our men and women over there that it hasn’t been easy, but it does seem things have been stable through all of this.

Q: Have you discussed the nomination of your fellow Senator from Arizona Joh Kyl to be Vice President with President Cheney yet?

A: I have discussed it and will continue to meet with the President and Senator Kyl. I am proud to say that my good friend is President Cheney’s choice to help us through these times, and I will be leading the fight for his confirmation in the Senate.

June 9th- Meet with Senators John Warner, Hagel, Gregg, Graham, and Lugar to discuss major foreign policy issues and Presidential politics.

June 10th- Meeting with President Cheney and the Republican leadership to discuss the nomination of Jon Kyl to be Vice President, and to discuss the situation in Iraq

June 11th-15th- Senate duties

June 16th- Interview with New York Times reporter Richard A. Oppel Jr.

Q: Senator McCain, I wanted to ask you about Pork Barrel spending. You are one of the fiercest critics of the practice in Washington today. What exactly is it you are so against?

A: Well I’m against this “business as usual” approach to appropriations in Washington that generates unrequested funding for projects that are designed, first and foremost, to benefit politicians. I mean when you have naval projects getting built-in landlock states, buried in thousands of pages of dense appropriations bills, you know you have a real problem.

Q: This has been the norm for quite a while though, hasn’t it?

A: That’s the problem, that’s why balancing a budget is like pulling teeth, because everyone has been allowed to get these little pet projects everywhere. There is a real problem here with thinking that projects which are cooked up in the offices of politicians and thrown in at the midnight hour are legitimate and worthwhile expenditures that are somehow part of the greatness of our American government. This just is not how it is supposed to work. I have a lot of respect for all of my colleagues here, but as an institution, we need to own up to the shortcomings in our appropriations system. 

Q: I am sure you have heard the rumors, Senator, that you are considering another run for President. Is there any truth to these?

A: I would be lying if I said I was not seriously considering it. I think we have a lot of problems that I am well suited to address. We are facing an uncertain world and the road ahead is difficult, but I believe in the destiny of America and her people. I truly believe our best days are ahead of us, and I know I want to play my part in helping us move forward. That being said, I am not yet sure what shape that will take. But I have seriously considered the Presidency, yes.

June 17th-23rd Senate duties

June 24th- Speak to the press on the confirmation of Senator Jon Kyl as Vice President

“I am proud to say that my good friend, and a great Senator, has been confirmed to be the next Vice President. Our nation faces great challenges ahead, but I know that Jon Kyl will help lead our nation through them with the same skills that have made him a leader here on Capitol Hill. I am proud to say that I, from the first, have fought hard for his confirmation, and I have no doubt that he will do both our home state and our country proud.”

June 26th- Fly to New Hampshire for an NH GOP fundraiser

June 27th- Fly to Arizona for constituent work

June 28th-30th- Work out of Pheonix office on local issues
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 06:13:10 PM »

June schedule

Prologue: Since privately deciding to run for the presidency in 2002, Governor Dean has been quietly laying the groundwork for his campaign. Most importantly, he has been making regular visits to Iowa and has collaborated with the website meetup.com in an innovative strategy to build a grassroots network of supporters throughout the country, all connected by the internet.

June 7: Attend President Bush’s funeral.

June 12: Oversee the finishing touches on the Iowa headquarters being set up in West Des Moines and greet all staff.

June 15: Meet with SIEU representatives to discuss support for labour issues.

June 19: Meet with supporters in Arizona.

June 23: Official campaign announcement in Burlington, VT:

Too many Democrats in Washington DC are afraid of being, well, Democrats. While they become ever more indistinguishable from Republicans, I have a few simple, bold promises to make you: I will end the disastrous war in Iraq; like I did year after year here in Vermont, I will balance the budget by repealing the GOP tax cuts which serve merely as a giveaway to the wealthy at the expense of middle class families; and I will fulfil Harry Truman’s dream of guaranteeing every American the health insurance we all need and deserve. To quote our dearly missed friend Paul Wellstone, I am on the Democratic wing of the Democratic party, and I am not ashamed to fight for the policies our country is so desperately crying out for.

The Americans I meet are kind, generous people, but, completely understandably, all too often their faith in the institutions which once formed the backbone of this country has been worn down. I love this country, which is why I know we can and must do so much better. Join me, and we can take back the White House and take back America.

June 24: Launch campaign website howarddean.com, with special emphasis on an easy online donation tool - the backbone of the campaign’s strategy of relying on hundred of thousands of small donors rather than a few big ones.

June 26: Meet with Democratic state legislators in Concord, NH.

June 27-28: Meet with supporter groups formed through meetup.com in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.

June 30: Visit a black church in Bamberg, SC, emphasising healthcare message.

All images from Wikimedia Commons
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 04:46:54 PM »

Carol Moseley Braun Preliminary Campaign and June Schedule

Former Senator Carol Moseley Braun announced her exploratory committee for POTUS early, in February 2003, hoping to up her name recognition in the early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. She spent the spring visiting these states and garnering the endorsement of Rev. Al Sharpton due to their shared liberal positions on civil rights, healthcare, and education.

Statement on the passing of President Bush: “President Bush and I disagreed on plenty of issues, but I join the nation in mourning for the loss of our President. Today isn’t about politics, it’s about coming together and realizing at the end of the day that we are all Americans. I send my deepest condolences to Laura, Barbara, and Jenna.”

Platform:

Healthcare:

Universal Healthcare: Every American has the right to healthcare coverage and it is a disgrace that any American has to go broke to afford their care. The best way to achieve this is through mandating all Americans get health insurance with Medicare being accessible as a choice for everyone regardless of age. This healthcare system will save American families money while ensuring everyone has access to healthcare. Over time it is worth evaluating a single-payer plan.

Economy and Taxes:

End the Bush Tax Cuts for the Wealthy: Republican politicians pretend to care about the deficit while cutting taxes for the highest income brackets. That’s why it is imperative that the Bush tax cuts are repealed for the wealthy. Most Americans won’t see a tax increase, but it’s time we get serious about reducing the deficit by asking the wealthy to pay their fair share.

Foreign Policy:

End the War in Iraq: Carol Moseley Braun has been opposed to the US policy in Iraq. The US has acted alone instead of collaboratively with the UN. The US needs to lead the transition to the sovereignty of Iraqi leaders and allow the UN to oversee the transfer of power.

War in Afghanistan: The US needs to learn from the mistakes made in Iraq and form strong relationships with fellow UN nations to ensure stability in the region.

Education:

Universal Pre-K: Ensure every American can send their children to pre-school, funded directly by the federal government.

College-for-All: No bank should be getting rich off of student debt. The US government should provide the first two years of college for free, and completely rethink the way loans are distributed. Instead of subsidizing loans, the Department of Education should be in charge of administering all loans to students. This will make sure that students attending college takes precedent over making money off of their loans.

June 1-6th: Washington DC

Carol Moseley Braun will spend her time meeting with EMILY’s List President and founder Ellen Malcolm in order to secure the group’s support and fundraising network. Moseley Braun will highlight her status as the only pro-choice woman in the Presidential race during the meeting.

June 7th: Washington DC

Attend funeral of George W Bush

June 8-12th: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Rally in Ames
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Iowa City
Rally in Davenport
Visit Iowa HQ in Davenport, meet with staff and volunteers

June 13-14th: Wisconsin

While the visit to Wisconsin is a campaign visit due to a rally in Milwaukee, Moseley Braun also visited with Senator Russ Feingold to discuss a coordinated opposition to the War in Iraq alongside progressive policies.

June 15th: Illinois

Spend day at home in Chicago

June 16-20th: New Hampshire

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Manchester
Set up first campaign office in New Hampshire in Manchester
Rally in Concord
Town hall tour of New Hampshire small towns
Excerpts of questions from town halls:

“I am worried about the direction of abortion laws in this country, even with Roe it seems like many Democrats are willing to compromise on being pro-choice. What’s your position on abortion as a Democratic candidate?”

“I believe abortion is an issue between a woman and her doctor, so yes I am pro-choice. I am opposed to any federal legislation that would restrict this very personal choice any further. Instead I believe we need to keep abortion safe, legal, and rare by investing in sex education, by making sure the public healthcare option covers contraceptives, and by safeguarding Roe as decided precedent.”

“Your website mentions government run healthcare, but my family likes our current health insurance. What do you say to people like me who are skeptical of government run healthcare?”

“The public option in my healthcare plan is that, an option. Medicare is run cheaply, effectively, and popularly, enough that I am confident that when we expand its access to everyone that people will see the benefit of switching over to the public option. Private insurance companies exist to make money, this program exists to give Americans quality health insurance that works for them without making anyone go broke.”

June 21-25th: South Carolina

Fly to Columbia
Rally in Columbia
Open South Carolina campaign HQ in Columbia
Town halls in Sumter, Camden, and Hartsville
Rally in Florence
Town halls en route to Charleston
Rally in Charleston

June 26-30th: Iowa

The campaign believes a big showing in Iowa is possible given its proximity to Moseley Braun’s home state of Illinois and its penchant for more outsider candidates. As such a second visit in June was completed by the candidate, this time a town hall tour of the Western portion of the state with headlining events in Dubuque and Davenport.

Excerpt from town halls:

“What do you say to Democratic politicians and the media who doubt your ability to win the primary?”
“I have been counted out by the establishment before. When I served in the state house and I went up against my own party’s establishment because they drew districts that diluted the power of Black and Latino voters, I was told I had no chance. But we won. When I challenged an incumbent Democrat who voted to appoint Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court I was told I had no chance, but again we won. When Senator Mikulski and I decided to go against sexist and archaic rules that said we couldn’t wear pants on the Senate floor we were told to accept our seat at the table without question. But we changed things. And when people told me that there was no way I could challenge the Daughters of the Confederacy in using the Confederate flag, that Jesse Helms had too much sway, too much power for a freshman Senator to take on, I did it because it was right. Once again, we won. I won’t let the fear of failure keep me from making the bold decisions to do what’s right, and I know many of you agree with me and will join this fight.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies