Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:02:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Eagle in Peril: A 2004 Election Game (Gameplay)  (Read 4971 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:23 PM »

Pat Robertson for President Rally
Sioux City, Iowa

"Hello Iowans! I am Pat Robertson, and today we are working on our mission to take back America for God. We are in Iowa on a mission that we've been building for the past six months.

I understand that a lot of you believe God is angry with America today, but the Bible says that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is happy when you're happy and miserable when you're miserable.

The reason we're here today is because I believe God has something special planned for our country right now. And what better way to show our love for God than by bringing the light of his love and mercy to the entire world?

We are going to stand here together and talk to our country for 90 minutes. I want you to look into the faces of your fellow Iowans and I want you to ask them what they think about our country. I want you to talk to them about our culture, about our government. I want you to speak to them about abortion, homosexuality, the death penalty, our national debt.

And I want you to make sure that you do your part to stand for the values of America and I want to ask you to help our campaign and help Pat Robertson for President take back America for God! Thank you!"

There are more of us than there are of them, and yet the powers that be in our government have sold us all out, and they seem to think that the people are going to just roll over and allow them to continue their attack on our liberties.

America, the good Lord God has set this stage and this time we must be careful not to allow any of us to allow them to manipulate us into doing what is against the best interests of our nation.
We have people in government right now who are determined to dismantle our rights as Americans to our religious freedoms, and freedom of speech, and freedom to own property. We need to stand up and let them know that we will not stand for such an affront to our nation.

The power that be in Washington is determined to bring us to our knees as they tear our nation apart to bring it under the control of the elite of the New World Order. And this time we will not let them.

What I am encouraging you to do is to stand up and be heard, and to support and to join with others who are standing up for America as God has called us to. God wants us to stand together and that is what I want you to do today and I want you to do it together.

Thank you for your time, God bless you.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 02:34:52 AM »

Colin Powell July Schedule
Distinguished and Prepared

July 1: Meet with advisors, review campaign strategy
July 2: Cabinet Meeting, discuss progress in Iraq
July 3: Meeting with Congressmen Jeb Bradley and Charlie Bass, discuss possible endorsement
July 4: Attend July 4th Celebrations in D.C
July 5: Fundraiser in Annapolis, Maryland with Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele
July 6: Meeting with Maryland Governor Bob Ehrlich, pledge support for infrastructure renewal as president
July 7: Meet with seniors at Maryland AARP State Office

Excerpt from speech
Now I know many people my age and older are tired of being used as a political cudgel. Politicians say one thing and do the other just in the name of winning your votes. The main issue I'm talking about here is social security. I think something we can all agree on is that politicians should stop messing with our social security funds. Now I'm prepared to say right now, and I know it might not be the most popular thing, there will be zero cuts to social security under a Powell administration. You have my word on that. My focus in this realm will be guaranteeing the long term solvency of this vital program, by any means necessary.

July 8-13: Accompany President Cheney on visit to several African nations
July 14: Attend briefings, meet with advisors
July 15: D.C fundraiser, meeting with Delaware Congressman Mike Castle
July 16: Rally in Wilmington, Delaware
Excerpt from speech
Now look, I can certainly say I've been around the block in regards yo our armed forces. And if there's one thing I've learned, it is that America is most efficient when it has the tools it needs at its disposal. The suggestions I hear from some politicians to cut military funding are just about the worst thing we could do right now. In the midst of our war on terror, it's important we as America, keep our leg up over our adversaries.
July 17-19: New Castle County barnstorming
July 20: Cabinet meeting, meetings with ambassadors
July 21: Meeting with Senator Olympia Snowe, emphasize common ground as pro-choice Republicans
July 22: Meetings with President Cheney, provide counsel during Mosul raid
July 23: Speak with press about successful elimination of Uday and Qusay Hussein
July 24: Plane to Augusta, Maine, meet supporters
July 25: Meeting with Augusta Republican legislative leaders
July 26: Town Hall in Portland Maine, discuss transportation and environmental issues
July 27: Tour newly opened Powell 2004 New Hampshire campaign headquarters in Manchester
July 28: Town Hall on public safety in Manchester
July 29: Return to D.C, attend briefings
July 30: Strategy meetings, call Norman Schwarzkopf to discuss presidential race
July 31: Discuss administration commitment to Africa and recent visit with President Cheney with CNN
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 01:57:12 AM »

Tom Ridge Campaign Schedule
June 2003 - July 2003

June 7th: Attend the funeral of President Bush.
June 9th-13th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
June 14th: Meet with Pennsylvania state GOP leaders in Harrisburg, PA.
June 16th-20th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
June 21st: Meet with former Reagan and Bush Sr. administration State Department and Department of Defense officials in Arlington, VA.
June 23rd-26th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
June 26th: Fly into Erie, PA.
June 27th: Formally announce Presidential campaign at event in Erie, PA.

Quote from: Tom Ridge, Erie, June 27th, 2003
Hello, everyone! Those of you here will remember me as your governor and folks elsewhere may know me better as the head of Homeland Security, but I stand here today for a different purpose. Our nation faces a lot of challenges today, from education and infrastructure to the global threat of terrorism. But, tragically, the President who led us through the darkest moments of the past two years is no longer with us. In uncertain times, we need leaders who are strong but measured, leaders who can act decisively without rashness, leaders who know how to work together to tackle the tough issues. That's why I'm stepping up to run for President of the United States. To be honest with you, it was never my original intention to run. I'm not one of those people who spend their whole lives angling to be leader of the free world. In an ideal world, I would still be practicing law here in Erie. But when I see problems in my community, I cannot simply stand idly by. From enlisting in the Army, to running for governor, to helping establish the DHS, I have stood up to serve even when times looked tough. So after weeks of deliberation, I chose once again to step up to the call of duty. I hope you will join me in promoting freedom and prosperity both at home and abroad. Thank you!

June 28th: Fly into Manchester, NH.
June 29th: Meet with New Hampshire state GOP leaders in Concord, NH; fly back to Washington.
June 30th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.

July 1st: Meet with Senator John Sununu in Washington.
July 1st-3rd: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
July 4th: Celebrate Independence Day in Washington.
July 5th: Fly into Manchester, NH.
July 6th: Town hall in Manchester.
July 7th: Town hall in Nashua.
July 8th: Fly back to Washington; meet with campaign advisors to discuss organization and strategy.
July 9th-11th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
July 12th: Fundraiser in Alexandria, VA.
July 14th-17th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
July 18th: Meet with Senator Arlen Specter in Washington, emphasizing common ground as pro-choice Republicans as well as similar career backgrounds.
July 19th-20th: Stay home for the weekend.
July 21th-24th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
July 25th: Town hall in Richmond, VA; meet with Virginia state GOP leaders.
July 26th: Meet with Senator John Warner in Alexandria, VA; fly into Manchester, NH.
July 27th: Oversee opening of first campaign field office in Nashua, NH.
July 28th: Meet with the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce; fly back to Washington.
July 29th-31st: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:06 AM »

Senator McCain's July 2003 Schedule

JohnMcCainSmileKennerJune2008
Flicker photographer dsb nola, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

July 1st- Press conference in Phoenix on protests in Hong Kong
“We must stand with the people of Hong Kong in opposing legislation that is targeted against those who are fighting for free and open government in Hong Kong. The rights of the people of Hong Kong must be defended, and I will be working with my colleagues in the Senate to draft legislation designed to support and defend Hong Kong’s democracy from Chinese subversion.”

July 2nd-3rd- Continued work in Phoenix office, spoke with Senator Graham by phone

July 4th- Participate in Pheonix 4th of July parade, speak at celebration afterward
“The promise of democracy rings as true today as when the founders of this nation took up their mantle nearly 230 years ago. We must take up that mantle ourselves, and defend the dream of our founders. My friends, we must not hesitate to take the side of liberty, even when it is easier to take the side of despotism and destruction.”

July 5th- Announce Presidential Campaign at a speech in Phoenix
Excerpts from announcement speech:
“After weeks of consideration and soul searching, speaking with family, friends, voters, and leaders across the country, I am proud today to announce that I will be seeking the Republican nomination and the Presidency…

My friends, we all know that we live in a dangerous world, but we live too in a world of promise and hope. I never for a moment doubted the resolve of the American people after the terrible attacks of September 11th, and I do not doubt now that we are prepared as ever to fulfill John F. Kennedy’s pledge “to bear any burden, support any friend, and oppose any foe to ensure the survival and the success of liberty.” These have been the watchwords of our nation, of our shining city on the hill, since its founding, and we have neither flagged nor failed in honoring them even in these difficult times…

We must, moving forward, once again recommit ourselves to the values and the mission that have made our country the envy of the world. We must, as we always have been, be ready to stand up against those who hate us for our liberties, the very values that make us great.”

July 6th- Fly to New Hampshire, meet with Senator Gregg and hold a rally in Portsmouth

July 7th- Townhall in Manchester, New Hampshire

“This is the part of the campaign I have been looking forward to (laughter and applause)”

Q: Do you have any plans to change our strategy in Iraq?

A: I think it is clear that we need changes in our policy in Iraq. I think, if we are serious about victory in Iraq and about creating democracy there, we need to be willing to send more troops. Our men and women in uniform know that the job isn’t an easy one, but they are capable and confident that with the right tools, including sufficient troops, we can truly help to create a free, democratic Iraq that is an ally of the United States.

Q: Why did you oppose President Bush’s tax cuts, and what would your tax plan look like?

A: I opposed President Bush’s tax cuts for two reasons. One, I thought they gave too many benefits to the top earners and not enough to middle-class Americans. When we cut taxes we should be focusing on the middle class and Mainstreet. That’s point one. Second, I did not think it was the time, and I do not support an extension of the cuts now.  We are facing growing deficits in a time of conflict abroad. We have to recognize that it is not responsible to keep these tax cuts going. Now, I do support tax reform, I want to simplify the tax code and reduce rates for middle-class Americans, but I think we ought to end the cuts that are helping out the highest-earners to a disproportionate extent. 

July 8th- Fly to Washington, meet with Senators Graham and Warner

July 9th- Senate duties, including meeting with Senators Gregg and Sununu to discuss New Hampshire issues

July 10th-12th- Senate duties

July 13th- Meeting with Senator Hagel

July 14th- Senate duties, meeting with former Secretary of Defense William Cohen

July 15th- Series of meetings with former Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger, Lawrence Eagleburger, George Schultz, and James Baker to discuss foreign policy issues and possible direction of foreign policy in a McCain presidency

July 16th- Discuss troop commitments in Iraq with Armed Services committee colleagues

July 17th- Senate duties

July 18th- Meeting with Senate leadership, speech on the floor in support of defense appropriations bill

July 19th- Meeting with Rep. Charlie Bass (NH 2nd) to discuss budgetary issues

July 20th- Press conference on the status of the Iraqi governing council
“We are facing a crisis in Iraq, and we cannot afford to be AWOL now. I call on the administration to fire Paul Bremer, who has failed to unify Iraq or to produce a functioning coalition of pro-democratic forces there. We need to be serious about democracy in Iraq, and right now the Iraqi governing council is flagging without needed American support. We are here to support Iraq, not to lord over it, but it is clear that we need more troops and stronger leadership in-country if we are going to create a free and democratic Iraq.”

July 21st- Meetings with Senate colleagues on the situation in Iraq

July 22nd-24th- Senate duties

July 25th- Fly to New Hampshire, townhall in Manchester

July 26th- Townhall in Concord, meeting with state leaders to discuss local issues

July 27th- Townhalls in Bedford and Salem

July 28th- Meeting with Representative Jeb Bradley in Portsmouth, fundraiser that evening

July 29th- Fly to Washington, meeting with Senate colleagues

July 30th-31st- Senate duties
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »

Governor Pataki's Exploratory Campaign
In the days leading up to Summer 2003, Governor George Pataki was planning his campaign, meeting with potential campaign staff and hiring his future campaign manager, Michael DuHaime. Along with that, he was planning his early campaign, announcing an exploratory campaign days after President Bush's funeral, with his message in interviews being a devout Christian who is a leader that will fight for reasonable and pragmatic Republican values anywhere, wherever in New York or nationally. In addition, Pataki will try to focus on a internet based campaign, and while on the campaign trail, he will post short videos of his thoughts on the issues and every week, he will answer the top five questions asked on his campaign website on a video.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 09:02:52 AM »

Wesley Clark's Schedule for July 2003

July 1: Speak on George W. Bush's passing.

It's no secret that President Bish and I didn't agree on much politically, but he gave his service to his country. Having sat in the SACEUR chair, it can be incredibly hard to make the sort of decisions required on the scale, where every secnd counts and often you have limited information.

While I may not agree with all of his policies, we cannot deny his service to this country as Governor of Texas and as the 43rd President of the United States. President Bush, I salute you.

July 2: Form Exploratory Committee

July 10: Campaign announcement in Little Rock, Arkansas

I've been a soldier for most of my life. I started at West Point, where so many of our great leaders, including two Presidents in Ulyssess S Grant and Dwight D Eisenhower came from. I served on the battlfield in Vetnam. For the final years of my career in the army, I served as Supreme Commander Allied Forces Europe, coordinating the entirety of NATO's military forces against a variety of threats.

The notion of service, of putting this great nation ahead of ourselves is one that we hold dear. One that we all aspire to. This idea of service is what drove me to enlist in our armed forces.

Today, we have a nation on the brink. A country that stands with two interventions, irresponsible tax cuts, and has to contend with a rising China. With this in mind, I am today decalring my intention to seek the Democratic party nomination for President of the United States of America!

July 15-17: Initial hirings and strategy meetings.

July 18: Town hall in Des Moines, Iowa

I do oppose the Iraq War. I believe President Bush's decision to invade had good intentions, but the situation there has been so badly mismanaged that I question the judgement of those who voted in support of this invasion in the Senate.

July 19: Phonecalls with Sen. Blanche Lincoln and Rep. Mike Thompson (seeking endorsements)

July 20-21: Barnstorm through Iowa.

July 22: Rest

July 23: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.

July 24: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire

July 26: Meet with Ret. Gen. Greg Newbold (seeking endorsement)

July 28: Rally In Iowa City, Iowa

July 29-31: Strategy meetings.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 09:29:47 AM »

Gary Locke for President
Campaign Schedule
June, July, and August 2003

June 1st: Open exploratory committee.
June 2nd - 6th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
June 6th: Fly into Washington, DC.
June 7th: Attend the funeral of President Bush. He doesn't talk much, but he's there. He flies into SeaTac and returns to Olympia without much fanfare after they put the President in the ground.
June 9th-13th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
June 14th: Meet with Washington state Democratic leaders in Olympia, WA.
June 16th-20th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
June 20th: Fly into Washington, DC.
June 21st: Meet with Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.
June 22nd: Fly into SeaTac, WA.
June 23rd-27th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
June 28th-29th: Stay home for the weekend.
June 30th-July 3rd: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
July 4th: Hold 4th of July event in Olympia, WA. He dodges questions about his candidacy, saying he'll announce when he's ready.
July 5th: Fly into Washington, DC.
July 6th: Meet with Washington state Congressmembers.
July 7th: Fly into SeaTac, WA.
July 7th-11th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
July 12th: Consult with family.
July 14th-18th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
July 21st: Formally announce Presidential campaign at event in Seattle, WA. He takes a strong anti-war stance and announces that he won't be running from his, um, concerning (admittedly I'm editorializing here, but Jesus Christ) financial record.
July 22nd-25th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
July 25th: Fly into Des Moines, IA.
July 26th: Town hall in Des Moines.
July 27th: Town hall in Cedar Rapids. Fly into SeaTac, WA late at night.
July 28th-31st: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
July 31st: Fly into Boston, MA.
August 1st: Town hall in Manchester, NH.
August 2nd: Town hall in Nashua.
August 3rd: Town hall in Concord. Fly into SeaTac, WA late at night.
August 4th-7th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
August 7th: Fly into Phoenix, AZ.
August 8th: Town hall in Phoenix.
August 9th: Town hall in Tucson.
August 10th: Fly into SeaTac, WA.
August 10th-14th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
August 14th: Town hall in Olympia, WA.
August 15th: Town hall in Tacoma, WA.
August 16th: Town hall in SeaTac, WA.
August 17th: Town hall in Seattle, WA.
August 18th-22nd: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
August 22nd: Fly into Las Vegas, NV.
August 23rd: Town hall in Las Vegas, NV. Fly into Reno, NV late at night.
August 24th: Town hall in Reno, NV. Fly into SeaTac, WA late at night.
August 25th-28th: Attend to Washington gubernatorial duties.
August 28th: Fly into Washington, DC.
August 29th: Attempt to court the endorsements of Senators Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray.
August 30th: Town hall in Washington, DC. Fly into Flagstaff, AZ late at night.
August 31st: Town hall in Flagstaff, AZ. Fly into SeaTac, WA late at night.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 03:54:59 PM »

Colin Powell August Schedule
Distinguished and Prepared

August 1: Meet with Campaign Staff, discuss strategy in coming weeks
August 2: Cabinet Meeting
August 3: Phone Conference with former Secretary of State George Shultz, court endorsement
August 4: Fundraiser in Falls Church, Virginia with former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft
August 5: Meetings with Congressmen Frank Wolf, Tom Davis, court endorsements
August 6: Town Hall on National Security in Bethesda, Maryland
Excerpt from event
You know, the most important thing we can do right now in regard to keeping the people of this nation safe is simply to be smart. Look, we can't and shouldn't let terrorists control our lives but at the same time we are also aren't ready to revert our security measures back a decade. For example, I believe we need to significantly increase the number of work visas. There is a very thorough vetting process, we know these people don't want to hurt us and we know that they contribute to a better America. Unfortunately in the last few years, the number of visas has misguidedly gone down, as President I'll do everything in my power to reverse this. Now at the same time, I hear calls for a complete repeal of the PATRIOT Act, I have to tell you I don't know if some people can quite comprehend what this would mean. Do we want to go back to the days where it was easier to get a wiretap on the mob than terrorists plotting to hurt our country? I don't think so. So really the key issue here is being judicious in modernizing our national security system.
August 6: Flight to New Hampshire
August 7: Meet with State Republican Legislative Leaders in Concord
August 8-10: Concord Barnstorming
August 11: Phonebank with supporters at state HQ in Manchester
August 12: Meet with UNH College Republicans in Durham
August 13: Meet Voters at fish markets in Portsmouth
August 14: Meet Voters in Salem, Massachusetts
August 15: Meet voters in Boston, see Fenway Park
August 16: Meeting with Governor Mitt Romney to court endorsement, emphasize common ground on issues like healthcare reform
August 17: Return to Washington, attend briefings
August 18: Meet again with Governor Bob Ehrlich with Lt. Governor Steele at side to court endorsement
August 19: Meet with President Cheney and press to discuss Canal Hotel bombing, urge calm while mourning tragedy
August 20: Make official statement as Secretary of State on bombing, emphasize how all nations are in this struggle against terrorism and send sympathies to the family of Sergio Vieira de Mello and other victims
August 21: Attend briefings, discuss pre-debate strategy with staff
August 22: Flight to SeaTac, greet voters
August 23: Tour Pike Place Market, International District, meet with Asian community leaders
August 24: Meet with voters in Seattle Center, go up Space Needle and see KeyArena
August 25: Meet former Washington Governor Daniel J. Evans, court endorsement, fundraiser with GOP donors in Magnolia
August 26: Drive to Olympia, meet with Secretary of State Sam Reed, court endorsement
August 27: Meet with State legislative leaders, discuss budget issues
August 28: Meet with voters
August 29: Return to Washington, discuss Imam Ali mosque bombing event with President Cheney
August 30: Meet with advisors, plan pre-debate television commercial
August 31: Film Commercial to be aired before first Republican debate

Open in on Colin Powell working at his home desk in the afternoon, he looks toward the camera

Hi there, my name's Colin Powell, and I'm running for president. Now I know you might be wondering, with all of these people running, what can you bring to the White House?

Archive photos of events mentioned appear as he speaks

Well let me tell you, from a young age, I've always wanted to serve my country. I joined the army shortly after it was first desegregated. I served in Vietnam, where my efforts in pulling men from a helicopter crash won me a purple heart. I served under President Reagan and saw the victory of America over the Soviet Union. As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, I was instrumental in the success of operation Desert Storm. And for the last two years, I've worked to keep our country safe as your Secretary of State.

Cut back to office

I'm not a politician, I haven't wanted to run for office all my life. I'm in this race because I believe I can best serve America with my experience. That's what I'll bring as your President.

I'm Colin Powell and I approve this message.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 10:11:21 PM »

Carol Moseley Braun July Schedule

Source

July 1-3rd: Florida

Fly to Miami
Meet with Senator Bob Graham in Miami to discuss education policy and ending the War in Iraq
Fundraiser in Miami
Townhalls in Florida public schools between Miami and Orlando
Rally in Orlando

"We have to ask the wealthy to pay their fair share. The tax cuts that have been passed over the last year have just served to make the tax system even more skewed to the wealthy, with the highest earners getting the biggest tax cuts. I am proposing that if Republicans take deficit reduction seriously as many Democratic leaders do, then they'll sign on to rescinding these cuts for the wealthiest tax brackets."

July 4-5th: Illinois

Attend 4th of July festivities in Chicago
Formal campaign announcement with Al Sharpton in Chicago

"When I announced my exploratory committee back in February, I knew this would be an uphill battle. But I have never backed down from a fight. The American people are in need of a President who can unify us, who can stand up for what we believe in, who is beholden to them not politics as usual. We need someone who can stand up and transition us out of this mess in Iraq, work with our allies abroad to create solutions, all while balancing things at home. This means expanding education and healthcare, getting the deficit under control, and ensuring every single American has a chance to succeed. That's why right here, in my home town, I am officially launching my campaign for President of the United States!"

July 6-13th: Iowa

Town hall tour in Iowa, this tour focuses on college towns, pro-union areas, and the Eastern part of the state that borders Moseley Braun's home state of Illinois. On the tour Moseley Braun notes her education and healthcare plans while highlighting her opposition to Iraq. The final stop of the tour concludes with a rally in Des Moines

July 14-17th: Missouri

Being a neighboring Midwestern state, Carol Moseley Braun's campaign believes the candidate can make a splash there if she ups her name recognition. Following a longer townhall tour in Iowa, the campaign will travel from Kansas City to St. Louis. Moseley Braun highlights her leadership on standing up to racism and sexism in her time in public office, challenging Democratic leadership in her first run for Senate, and her ability to make positive change.

July 18-21st: New Hampshire

Fly to Manchester
The campaign focuses on the cities of Manchester, Nashua, and Concord, banking on liberal and anti-establishment support there being higher than elsewhere in the state. In New Hampshire, Moseley Braun highlights her support for universal healthcare and opposition to the war in Iraq. While in Manchester, Moseley Braun holds a forum where she focuses on her support of an education plan that directly loans to students rather than subsidizing lenders.

July 22-23rd: Wisconsin

Fly to Madison
Excerpt from rally in Madison

“I understand why so many politicians voted to authorize the PATRIOT Act, but it’s become abundantly clear it is a violation of individual rights. American citizens deserve to know that they are not having their civil liberties infringed upon. The truth is, much like the Iraq war, the PATRIOT Act isn’t keeping us any safer. I commit to ending it as your President and to take your rights seriously.”

Both the statement from the rally and the visit are a part of a continued effort to court the endorsement of Senator Feingold. In fact, Carol Moseley Braun meets with the Senator again to speak about her healthcare plan and how to whip the votes it would require in the Senate.

July 24-25th: Iowa

The campaign crosses over into Dubuque, holding an event with organizers and staffers there to keep morale up. Moseley Braun continues her town hall tour with events in Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, and Des Moines. In Des Moines Moseley Braun speaks about the importance on the right to unionize when it comes to wages and fair workplaces.

July 26-27th: Arizona

The Moseley Braun campaign makes its first stop in the early voting state of Arizona by flying into Phoenix. While not yet setting up a campaign office there just yet, Moseley Braun holds a rally about the need to focus on the economy while balancing foreign policy. While in Phoenix, she meets with both Representative Ed Pastor and Representative Raúl Grijalva, speaking to them both about their shared liberal values and policy preferences. Once again, the campaign hopes to consolidate the anti-war segment of the Democratic electorate with this move.

July 27-28th: Illinois

Carol Moseley Braun heads back to Chicago for a quiet few days after campaigning vigorously for two months. The only official event this period is a fundraiser in Chicago.

July 29-31st: Iowa

To round out the month, Moseley Braun takes the campaign back through Iowa, this time focusing more on the Western portion of the state. The candidate holds headlining events in Sioux City, Fort Dodge and the Iowa side of the Omaha suburbs, highlighting the need to more closely evaluate trade deals to account for lost jobs and the environmental impact.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »

Carol Moseley Braun August Schedule

Source

August features Carol Moseley Braun's first ad of the cycle, titled "Taking a Stand." The ad shows clips of Moseley Braun's suit against Illinois for reapportionment, her run against Senator Alan Dixon, and newspaper headlines for her stand against renewing the Daughters of the Confederacy patent due to the feature of the Confederate flag. This ad runs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Missouri, New Mexico, and Arizona. The ad is set to target liberal and anti-establishment voters.

August 1-3rd: Delaware

The Moseley Braun campaign visits Delaware, hoping to make an impact in a small state that is opposed to the war in Iraq. Moseley Braun holds rallies in Wilmington, Dover, and Rehoboth Beach. The campaign's theme for this visit is opposition to Iraq, repealing the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and the need to stand up to the establishment in Washington.

August 4-5th: Washington DC

The campaign visits Washington DC again to hold an event with EMILY's List. Moseley Braun is confident that the group's endorsement will allow for beefing up early state infrastructure ahead of the debates. While in DC the candidate meets with Ellen Malcolm and holds a fundraiser with Democratic women, focusing on removing the "men only" sign from the White House.

August 6th: Maryland

While in the DC area, Moseley Braun visits "Senator Barb," Barbara Mikulski, in Baltimore. The two had served together in the Senate and led the charge allowing women to wear pants on the Senate floor. Moseley Braun's campaign hopes the working relationship, shared liberal politics, and opposition to the Iraq War will lead to an endorsement.

August 7-12th: South Carolina

Moseley Braun's campaign visits South Carolina, holding a five-day town hall tour of the state, culminating in a rally with Al Sharpton in Columbia. The tour focuses on introducing Moseley Braun to voters in South Carolina, highlighting her suit against Illinois for reapportionment, her education policy that will allow more people to go to college, and her ability to stand up to archaic rules like the one that prohibited women from wearing pants on the Senate floor.

Excerpt from town hall:

"In 2000, Democrats seemed to collapse in the South, which voted for Bill Clinton twice. How do you plan on improving on Al Gore's numbers and winning the presidency?"

"Had 500 votes in Florida gone the other way, Al Gore would be President. Had 7500 votes gone the other way in New Hampshire, Al Gore would be President. This is a divided nation, and this race, just like 2000, is going to be decided by these small margins in select states. My campaign is focused on engaging with voters that have been left behind by our current politics. Democrats win when we engage with kitchen table issues that impact families regardless of where they're from, what race they are, and their level of education. It's why my campaign is focused on healthcare, education, and making the wealthy pay their fair share. It's time we go back to the basics and fight for the American family, that's how we win."

August 13-16th: New Hampshire

The campaign heads to New Hampshire where Moseley Braun embarks on another town hall tour of the state, hoping to connect with the state's anti-establishment and liberal voters in the Democratic primary.

August 17-20th: Illinois

Rest at home in Chicago.

August 21-27th: Iowa

Coming off of a stretch of town hall tours to increase name recognition, Moseley Braun visits Iowa for a series of rallies across the state. Rallies in Dubuque, Davenport, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Des Moines, Fort Dodge, and Sioux City are headlined by the candidate. Her focus this week is drawing out potential caucus-goers by pitching her plan to achieve universal healthcare, education expansion, and a more diplomatic foreign policy. Moseley Braun also opens campaign offices in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, as well as staffing up in Iowa.

August 28-30th: New Mexico

The campaign makes its first visit to New Mexico at the end of August. Moseley Braun holds a town hall tour from Sante Fe to Las Cruces, highlighting her support of college for everyone and a focus on domestic issues. On the trail, the candidate blasts the policy of tax cuts for the wealthy, saying that they only serve to worsen the deficit and income inequality on the backs of middle class and poor Americans.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2022, 07:46:55 AM »

DENNIS KUCINICH 2004 ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH IN CLEVELAND

“Greetings, people of the great city of Cleveland! In this modern day, we are in a crisis like no other. Oilmen have tricked the American people to support a pointless war at the cost of our young boys lives. They increased the defense budget to gargantuan amounts, while leaving the poorest of Americans to suffer. They have used this war to justify Orwellian policies that tear away at our civil liberties, and have pried into the lives of innocent Americans more than ever.

The economic failures of the past few years have continued to be ignored by the politicians in Washington for decades now. They’d rather give a tax cut to the rich people that finance their campaigns than give benefits to those who are barely able to afford a meal. Every single candidate in this race now is working for the special interests who want them to maintain the status quo. Let me tell you, the status quo is no longer enough.

Therefore, I’d like to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. As your candidate, I will fight for an end to the patriot act, I will repeal the Bush tax cuts, fight for universal healthcare, a withdrawal from NAFTA and the World Trade Organization, a renegotiation of trade agreements, and properly fund the programs that have been neglected by the presidents of recent years. Its time for a wake up call, America, and it’s time that we become better.”
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »

Wesley Clark Schedule for August 2003

August 1-3: Strategy meetings with campaign staff.

August 4: Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

August 5: Rally in Davenport, iowa

August 6-12: Barnstorm in eatern Iowa.

Auguest 13: Meet with Governor Tom Vilsack (seeking endorsement)

August 15: Rally in Phoenix, Arizona

August 16: Town hall in Tucson, Arizona

August 17-20: Build national campaign infrastructure.

August 21: Policy speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico: 'Safe Withdrawal From Iraq: A Soldier's Perspective'

August 22: Rally in Albequerque, New Mexico

August 23-28 Barnstorm New Mexico

August 29-31: Strategy meetings
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2022, 11:39:16 AM »

July and August schedule

1 July: Start running ads in Iowa:

I’m Howard Dean, and I approve this message.

Are you tired of same-old-same-old in politics? Of Democrats who seem to have forgotten they’re Democrats? Together, we can take back our country from corporate special interests, and help to build real change that works for ordinary Americans - we’ll secure health insurance for every American and bring back American jobs. But I can only do it with the help of you.

2 July: Town hall in Charleston, SC.

4 July: Independence Day barbeque at home in Burlington, VT.

6 July: Meet Senators Russ Feingold (of the Foreign Relations Committee) and Pat Leahy to discuss mutual opposition to the Iraq War.

8 July: Town hall in Concord, NH.

9-10 July: Meet and greet supporters on the NH Seacoast.

12 July: Young voters’ town hall in Ann Arbor, MI.

13-15 July: Meet supporters in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw and Kalamazoo.

18 July: Interview with The Des Moines Register:

Interviewer: Most of your competitors are US senators with long records of National and foreign affairs policymaking? Why are you, the former governor of one of the smallest states in the Union, qualified to be president?

Dean: Well, dare I say that judging by some of their positions, particularly on the disastrous War in Iraq, having been in Washington DC for so long has made them pretty out-of-touch with what ordinary Democratic voters want. By contrast, as a governor, I had to take a far greater responsibility for the welfare of my constituents, and had a far more hands-on, practical role in crafting policy. It’s true, I’m not like them in that I don’t have an extensive network of big powerful donors. Instead I’m relying on folks like the good readers of your paper to help us take back the White House, and change the way politics is done in this country for good.

19 July: Meet farmers in SE Iowa.

20 July: Town hall in Waterloo, IA.

21-22 July: Meet supporters in Des Moines, IA.

25 July: Meet with founder of, and those benefitted by, scheme to help disadvantaged inner-city youth in St Louis, MO.

26 July: Meet with local union officials in Ste. Genevieve, MO; discuss support for labour issues.

27 July: Town hall in Kansas City, MO focusing on healthcare.

28-29 July: Visit Eastern Oklahoma, including meeting with families of killed Iraq soldiers:

It’s a damned tragedy that boys like these are dying because of the actions of an ideologically-obsessed administration who treat real lives like pieces on a chessboard.

3 August: Meet with Jim Jeffords, discuss plans for reducing the deficit.

5 August: Meet with the leadership of the AFSCME union in Washington, DC.

6 August: Dinner with the Gore family in Nashville, TN.

9-11 August: Campaign in Seattle, WA, including town hall on UW campus.

12 August: Town hall in Spokane, WA.

13 August: Meet supporters in Olympia, WA.

15 August: Speech in Portland, OR, on healthcare.

17 August: Town hall in Bend, OR.

18-19 August: Tour of rural southern Oregon.

20 August: Meet with local environmentalists in Marin County, CA.

23 August: Meet with supporters in Hanover, NH.

24 August: Visit Androscoggin Valley Hospital, NH.

25 August: Town hall in Manchester, NH.

27 August: Visit factory in Dubuque, IA, speak about plans to renegotiate NAFTA to be more favourable to American manufacturing.

28 August: Speech focusing on unions in Rock Island, IL:

Unions built the American middle class, and, similarly, it’s no coincidence that the squeeze on the middle class has coincided with increased attacks on unions from corporate-backed Republicans. Strong unions are the key to prosperity in this country, and, as President, I will fight tirelessly for the right to organise.

30 August: Town hall in Gary, IN.

31 August: Speech on foreign policy in Indianapolis, IN.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2022, 10:29:10 PM »

Rudy Giuliani July 2003 Schedule

July 1: Town hall in Las Vegas, NV
July 4: Hold a rally in Philadelphia, PA
"227 years ago today, America declared independence from Great Britain. The Patriots fought tyranny head-on. They defeated a much stronger British military, and gave us our freedoms. Now those freedoms are under attack by terrorists. As Americans, we have always risen up to the challenge, and I expect us to do the same with terrorists"
July 5: Court the endorsement of Senator Arlen Specter
July 7: Hold a rally at the Goshen Country Fairgrounds
July 9: Hold a rally in Jersey City, NJ
July 10: Hold a rally in Newark, NJ
July 11: Court the endorsement of EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman
July 13: Hold a town hall in Morristown, NJ
July 15: Hold a rally in Bridgeport, CT
July 16: Court the endorsement of Former Governor and Senator Lowell Weicker
July 18: Court the endorsement of Former Governor Pete du Pont
July 19: Court the endorsement of Former Senator William Roth
July 20: Town hall in Wilmington, DE
July 22: Town hall in Arlington, VA
July 23: Court the endorsement of Senator John Warner
July 24: Pay respects to fallen soldiers at Arlington National Cemetary
July 26: Town hall in Providence, RI
July 27: Court the endorsement of Senator Lincoln Chafee
July 29: Town hall in Raleigh, NC
July 30: Rally in Charlotte, NC
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2022, 02:32:56 AM »

Tom Ridge Campaign Schedule
August 2003

August 1st: Foreign policy town hall in Annapolis, MD.
August 2nd: Fundraiser in Great Falls, VA.
August 4th-8th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
August 9th: Fly into Manchester, NH; town hall in downtown Manchester.
August 10th: Town hall in Dover, NH; return to Washington.
August 11th-15th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
August 16th: Meet with campaign advisors at campaign headquarters in Arlington, VA.
August 18th-21st: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
August 22nd: Fly into Grand Rapids, MI.
August 23rd: Town hall in Grand Rapids.
August 24th: Give speech at event hosted by the Michigan State University College Republicans in East Lansing.
August 25th: Meet with Arab-American leaders in Dearborn, MI; visit Ford Motor Company headquarters.
August 26th: Return to Washington.
August 26th-28th: Attend to Department of Homeland Security duties.
August 29th: Town hall in Wilmington, DE.
August 30th: Meet with Representative Mike Castle in Wilmington.
August 31st: Fundraiser in Philadelphia.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2022, 07:53:36 AM »

Campaign Schedule for Dennis Kucinich June-August
Kucinich at a town hall in Manchester, New Hampshire

June 7th: Attend funeral of George W. Bush.
June 8th-11th: Attend to House Duties.
June 12th-14th: Meet with political strategists in Cleveland, Ohio
June 15th: Meet with members of the congressional progressive caucus.
June 16th-19th: Attend to House duties.
June 20th: Presidential announcement in Cleveland, Ohio.
June 21st-23rd: Initial meeting with strategy team.
June 24th: Rally in Des Moines, IA.
June 25th-29th:  Attend House duties
June 30th: Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire.
July 1st: Rally in Baltimore, Maryland.
July 2nd-3rd: Meet with campaign officials in cleveland, Ohio
July 4th: 4th of July Rally in Cleveland.

“This Fourth of July, several of our men in the armed forces are unable to be here to celebrate with us, and several others are coming back, beaten, downtrodden, and with no support. So I ask those who still support this war a question: Was it worth it? Are those profits from the deaths of our young men worth it? Is the lobbying money that is being provided to our politicians to give a yay worth it? No matter how you put this war, it is completely unjustifiable.”

July 5th-11th: Attend to House Duties
July 12th: Meet with Senator Russ Feingold to court endorsement.
July 13th: Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
July 14th: Town Hall in Davenport, Iowa
July 15th: Meeting with Senator Tom Harkin.
July 16th-19th: Attend House duties.
July 20th: Meeting with Veterans in Des Moines, IA to discuss veterans programs and the war.

“For decades, our nation has been continuously pumping money into our inflated defense budget, while leaving our veterans at home to fend for themselves. As your president, I will follow the words of Dwight Eisenhower and put an end to the military industrial complex, and put the people of our nation before some rich businessman looking for a quick buck, and put money into our dangerously underfunded social programs.”

July 21st: Meeting with Black Community members in Waterloo, Iowa, as well as a speech about an expansion of civil rights and social programs.
July 22-23rd: Meet with Iowa strategy team in Des Moines, Iowa.
July 24th-29th: Attend to House Duties.
July 30th: Interview with The Telegraph in New Hampshire.
July 31st: Interview on Meet The Press.
August 1st: Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire.
August 2nd: Town Hall in Berrington, New Hampshire.
August 3rd-9th: Attend to House duties
August 10th-August 13th: Meet with campaign officials in Cleveland, Ohio.
August 14th: Interview with the Des Moines Register.
August 15th: Release of Campaign ad in New Hampshire.

“Hi, I’m Dennis Kucinich. Ever since I was elected Mayor of Cleveland at 31 years old, I’ve always fought for the average American. I’ve fought against corporate influence in politics, against sending are American boys to a war for the rich, and against the patriot act, and for the Americans right to privacy. I’m running for president, for a better America.

I’m Dennis Kucinich and I approve this message.”

August 16th: Rally in Salem, Oregon.
August 17th: Interview on Anderson Cooper 360.

Anderson Cooper: “So, Dennis, progressive candidate Howard Dean is currently the progressive front-runner for the democratic nomination, and both of you have consistent positions on free trade, the Iraq War, and Universal Healthcare. Why should democratic voters who want a progressive as their nominee vote for you instead of Governor Dean?”

Dennis Kucinich: “Well, Anderson, the key difference between me and Howard Dean is grit. I am a congressman, and Dean is a Governor. While Dean did push back against the war, and I greatly respect him for that, I actually voted against the war in congress, as well as other pieces of legislation such as the patriot act, which would destroy the Americans right to privacy. As a congressman, I have been on the front lines against this corrupt war for the rich that supported these past few presidents, and I’m proud of it.”

Anderson Cooper: “So, Representative Kucinich, let me be clear on this, you believe that the Bush and Cheney Administrations purpose for going into this war was to support economic interests?”

Dennis Kucinich: “Absolutely, Anderson. The last two presidents have consistently lied to the American people about their true intentions in supporting the Iraq war. The purpose of this war was never to get rid of Saddam and spread democracy, it was to increase the profits of major companies in the United States who had economic interests in the nation of Iraq. That was its purpose, first and foremost.”

August 18th-24th: Attend to House Duties.
August 25th: Release of Campaign ad in Iowa.

“On October 9, 2002, John Kerry gave his support for the war in Iraq. Other Senate Democrats, such as Joe Lieberman and Joe Biden, also gave their support for the war. Now, they’re changing their minds, and switching their position. Dennis Kucinich is the only congressman running who voted against the war in Iraq, as well as against the patriot act and for protecting the American right to Privacy. On Election Day, don’t vote for flip flopping, vote for consistency and action.

I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.”

August 26th: Meeting with unemployed factory workers in Flint, Michigan.
August 27th: Meeting with Jesse Jackson in South Carolina.
August 28th-31st: Attend to House duties.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2022, 06:32:03 PM »

Joe Lieberman, Schedule for July 2003

July 1-6, 2003

Travel to Iraq and Afghanistan (With Chris Dodd)

July 7, 2003

Rally, Midwest City, Oklahoma

Our climate is changing. Tornadoes are going to be more violent, hurricanes are going to be more frequent, blizzards are going to be more severe, and yet Republicans are uninterested in pursuing the truth of climate science. It's practically a crime against humanity.

Speech at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma

When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan this past week, I saw two wars that can be won. My rivals in the Democratic field want to cut and run, and abandon Iraq and Afghanistan to terrorists. That won't do at all. The only thing that could be worse than what we are going through now, with our failures to capture Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, is a defeated U.S Military.

July 8, 2003

Rally in Bettendorf, Iowa

President Bush, may he rest in peace, once said Islam was not the enemy in the fight against terrorism. In light of the rhetoric being spoken by Reverend Robertson, I would like to reiterate that. Not all Muslims become terrorists. Indeed, some of the finest people in the world, like Benazir Bhutto, for example, are Muslim, not only aren't terrorists, but oppose terrorism with every fiber of their being.

Meet voters in Buffalo, Iowa

Meet voters in Durant, Iowa

Rally at John O'Donnell Stadium, Davenport, Iowa

John McCain had it right when he said that people like Reverend Robertson were agents of intolerance. If Reverend Robertson had his way, my entire religion would have perished in the Holocaust. If Reverend Robertson had his way, there would be no religions anywhere in the world, except for his warped vision of Christianity.

Once, while preparing for my Vice Presidential debate with President Cheney, I took the time to read through the New Testament, and I was struck by just how much people like Reverend Robertson don't follow the teachings of Jesus. They don't love their neighbor as themselves, they don't turn the other cheek, they don't render unto Caesar what must be Caesar's and God, what must be God's and they don't consider the love of the money the root of all evil. They are hypocrites, and I call on Americans, be they Democrats, Republicans or Independents, religious or secular, to reject him and his ilk.

July 9-12, 2003

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

July 13, 2003

Meet with former Secretary of Agriculture Mike Espy, Jackson, Mississippi (seeking endorsement)

Rally in Pass Christian, Mississippi

Mississippi along with Georgia are the only states that still use a variation of the Confederate Flag in the designs of their state flags. The use of the Confederate Flag is literally state sponsored hatred, and should be abolished. As President, I will withhold all federal funds from Mississippi and Georgia until their state flags to designs that do not recall the Confederacy.

Meet with Governor Ronnie Musgrove, Pass Christian, Mississippi, (seeking endorsement)

July 14-27, 2003

Senate duties, Washington D.C

July 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Groton, New Hampshire

Meet with former Ambassador to Denmark Richard "Dick" Swett, Sugar Hill, New Hampshire (Seeking Endorsement)

Meet Voters in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire

July 29-July 31 2003

Constituent Work, Connecticut.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »

Joe Lieberman, Schedule for August 2003

August 1-10, 2003

Senate duties, Washington D.C

August 11, 2003

Meet with Senator Frank Lautenberg in Newark, New Jersey (seeking endorsement)

August 12, 2003

Speech in Shanksville, Pennsylvania

While I strongly believe that Islam as a whole is not our enemy in the war against terrorism, one country exports a radical brand of Islam around the world seeking to destroy not the west, but the lives of Muslims everywhere. This country is Saudi Arabia. Not only were fifteen of the nineteen hijackers on 9/11 Saudi, but Osama Bin Laden himself was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. The fact is, the Saudi's are 100% responsible for 9/11, and we need to do whatever it takes to punish them. As President, I'll institute punishing sanctions on the Saudi Government for their role in orchestrating the attacks on 9/11.

August 13-21

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

August 22-31

Debate Preparation, Hartford, Connecticut

BGBC
joshva
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:22 PM »

DSC_1731.JPG by Chris Gales, on Flickr

Mike's Summer Schedule:

Month of June
June 1 - 6 (Arkansas)
Meet with close aides & advisers discussing exploring a Presidential run & viability
Court early endorsements & supporters, enter the national stage with a few media interviews
Visit memorial for President Bush, move the flags to half-staff and other conventions
Call with Arkansas GOP leaders to discuss the upcoming Presidential race & a successor figure
Other miscellaneous Governor duties

June 7 (Washington D.C)
Attend the funeral for President Bush
Deliver statement to the press commending the life of President Bush

June 8 - 12 (Nationwide)
Make the rounds with national media as pundits scatter to find potential Republican candidates
Visit major evangelical, religious figures to court endorsements, notably James Dobson
Hold strategy meetings with close aides & family, determine whether Governor Huckabee will run
Fly to early primary states to conduct initial staff hirings & ground-game work
Emphasize: Governor Huckabee's conservative credentials, religious upbringing

June 13 (Texas)
Photo-op at an oil & gas refinery, meet with natural gas workers
Briefly meet with Texas GOP leaders, discuss the upcoming Presidential race
Emphasize: energy independence and the need for self-sufficiency in the modern age

June 14 - 17 (Iowa)
Meet with Iowa's right-to-life chapter, courting their endorsement
Tour small-town church services, meeting & greeting with local church leadership & laymen
Travel to local diners, businesses, strip malls discussing broadly the state of the nation
Generally distinguish Governor Huckabee as an exceptionally conservative potential candidate
Lay down the groundwork for campaign infrastructure in Iowa
Emphasize: conservative cultural and religious values, as well as the state of the war

June 18 - 24 (Arkansas)
Court the endorsement of Fmr. Senator Tim Hutchinson
File for a campaign exploratory committee, appear on MTP in response
Miscellaneous Governor duties

June 25 - 28 (South Carolina)
Conduct interviews with some local newspaper chains
Meet with Senator Jim DeMint to solicit an endorsement, emphasizing shared social values
Oversee early staff hirings for the campaign in South Carolina, work on ground-game
Appear at a local shooting range for a photo-op, emphasizing upbringing with guns

June 29 (Michigan)
Round-table discussion with local factory workers, emphasizing domestic self-sufficiency
Declare support for both rounds of Bush tax cuts to make American industry viable
Meet with the state's local right-to-life chapter, speak on the need for the Republicans to be pro-life
Emphasize: Governor Huckabee's economic record, beliefs on life & marriage

June 30 - 31 (Iowa)
Join an Iowa GOP fundraising event, talk to party leaders
Round-table discussion with a local agriculture interest group, emphasize the need for govt to "get out the way"
Meet with Senator Chuck Grassley and speak on how the Republican Party can nominate a authentic conservative

Month of July
July 1 (Arkansas)
Officially launch the campaign in Hope, AR
Meet with Arkansas GOP figures to confirm support
Conduct major staff hirings of nationwide campaign

July 2-3 (Nationwide)
Attend an assortment of national media interviews, confirming Presidential run
Emphasize the message built in the announcement speech as "core campaign philosophy"
Again, court the endorsements of major national televangelists in campaign calls, especially James Dobson
Establish the campaign as a sort of underdog or dark horse, appealing to particularly disaffected voters

July 4 (Arkansas)
Attend 4th of July celebrations at home, host campaign BBQ

July 5 - 10 (Iowa)
Announce the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' qna town hall tour, emphasizing the values the nation was built on
Travel across the state to introduce Governor Huckabee to voters as an exceptional conservative
Round-table discussion with national security officials to determine the campaign's policies to keep Americans safe
Pursue the endorsement of Senator Chuck Grassley
Launch the campaign's Iowa headquarters
Emphasize: counterterrorism, the sanctity of life & marriage, protecting the military

Excerpt
"As someone who entered politics thanks to my church ministry, this issue is less about giving lip-service to social issues & family values as many politicians do. It's about personal faith and conviction. We know that when America's moral fabric is strong, people are built into strong families with the opportunity to achieve their God-given right to the pursuit of happiness. Moral societies are stronger alleviators of poverty than any government program could ever hope to achieve. As conservatives, if we are to truly earn the vote of blue-collar America, we must unwaveringly defend these values of faith, family and freedom."

July 11 (New York)
Deliver policy speech to the Rockefeller Centre on counter-terrorism

Excerpt
For millions of Americans, the most stressful 4 hours of their life were those on 9/11. Three thousand innocent Americans were killed brutally by terrorists and radicals attempting to subvert our nation and our democracy. We need a leader who will revive hope, certainty and optimism in the war against international terror; this is my plan.
1.) 10 year extension, and renewal of the Patriot Act's key provisions on roving wiretaps, searches of business records and individual surveillance.
2.) Aggressive targeting of Al-Qaeda leadership including a renewed focus to capture, or kill Osama Bin Laden.
3.) Increased support and funding for the AFT and FBI to carry out border security operations.
4.) Reform of Transport Security Administration, and funding for millimeter wave scanning.
5.) A renewed focus on the threat of WMD falling into the hands of terrorist organizations.

July 12 - 15 (South Carolina)
Continue the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' qna town hall tour across South Carolina
Tour small-town church services, meeting & greeting with local church leadership & laymen
Visit a local military base to meet active service-members and officers to discuss national security
Hold 'Veterans of Foreign Wars' town hall to discuss supporting past and current military service-members
Launch the campaign's South Carolina headquarters
Emphasize: flag desecration amendment, patriotism as a virtue, support for vets

July 16 - 25 (Arkansas)
Attend an interview with FOX's Sean Hannity

July 26 - 31 (New Hampshire)
Continue the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' qna town hall tour across New Hampshire
Oversee early staff hirings for the campaign in New Hampshire, work on ground-game
Appear at a local shooting range for a photo-op, emphasizing upbringing with guns
Conduct a number of interviews with local newspaper chains
Launch the campaign's New Hampshire headquarters
Emphasize: 2nd amendment, family values, tough on terrorism

Excerpt
"Few public policy debates have been as dominated by emotion and misinformation as the one on gun control. Perhaps this debate is so highly charged because it involves such fundamental issues. The calls for more gun restrictions or for bans on some or all guns are calls for significant change in our social and constitutional systems. Gun control is based on the faulty notion that ordinary American citizens are too clumsy and ill-tempered to be trusted with weapons. Only through the blatant abrogation of explicit constitutional rights is gun control even possible. It must be enforced with such violations of individual rights as intrusive search and seizure."

Month of August
August 1 - 5 (Michigan)
Continue the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' qna town hall tour across Michigan
Join a Michigan GOP fundraising event, talk to party leaders
Round-table discussion with small town folks over policy to revive middle America
Hold a campaign meeting with the leadership of Gun Owners of America, soliciting an endorsement
Emphasize: standing up for little America, the sanctity of life & marriage

August 6 - 11 (Missouri)
Travel to local diners, businesses, strip malls discussing broadly the state of the nation
Deliver a speech to a group of social conservatives on the sanctity of marriage and it's importance
Meet with the state's local right-to-life chapter to solicit an endorsement

Excerpt
"Not only is the sanctity of marriage a basic fundamental of society, it is rooted in the principles of faith that we founded our nation upon in 1776 that our rights are endowed by God, not government, and ultimately, it is faith, all faiths, that declares marriage as one man and one woman. This is not about discrimination. It's about one of the most fundamental building blocks of American society. It's about ensuring every child is born into a loving family with a mother and father. It's about reversing the moral decay our society has witnessed over the past few decades. History has taught us that the commitment of a husband and a wife to love and to serve one another promotes the general welfare of children and the stability of society. Marriage cannot be cut off from it's cultural, religious and natural roots without weakening this good influence on society. Defining marriage as it's natural definition serves the interest of every American citizen, regardless of race, class, sex or nationality."

August 12 - 17 (South Carolina)
Continue the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' qna town hall tour across South Carolina
Pledge to nominate a strong, conservative Justice in place of William Rehnquist or any other vacancies
Meet with Senator Jim DeMint and discuss collaboration to introduce a Defense of Marriage Amendment
Emphasize: sanctity of marriage, activist court and originalism

August 17 - 25 (Nationwide)
Defend the proposed Marriage Defense Amendment on MTP
Seek the endorsement of major televangelicals in campaign meetings

Excerpt
"American citizens seem to understand instinctively what's at stake here. Marriage has meant one man and one woman in every successful nation on Earth since the beginning of mankind. Marriage is about propagating not just the human race, but also the values of a society, the difference between right and wrong. By promoting social order, it creates a safety zone for the man and woman involved as well as for their children. A raft of social science research shows that children who grow up in households where the mother and father are married have the best chance at a good life. They earn more, learn more, get in trouble less and have fewer problems with drugs, alcohol or abuse."

August 26 - 31 (Arkansas)
BGBC
joshva
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2022, 10:28:04 PM »

Mike Huckabee '04
Hope, in America.

DJW_0029 by drue wolfe, on Flickr

Mike Huckabee launches Presidential campaign: "We must reclaim our destiny."

Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee formally launched his campaign in his hometown of Hope, AR surrounded by family & friends to a crowd of a couple hundred after previously expressing interest and filing an exploratory committee. This speech encapsulates the broader message being pushed by the campaign: that America has lost it's way and a new movement of conservative Americans deeply committed to the nation's moral fabric must make the United States the shining hill on the city once more.

"I am so honored, and humbled, to make this announcement in my hometown of Hope, Arkansas. It's a long way from a little brick rent house on 2nd street in Hope, AR to the White House. But here in this small town called Hope, I was raised to believe that where a person started didn't mean that's where he had to stop. It was here in Hope that I learned how to swim, how to ride a bike, how to read, how to work, and how to play fair. I learned the difference between right and wrong. I learned that God loves me as much as He loves anyone, but that He doesn't love some more than others.

I learned about America. In Miss Mary's Kindergarten and Brookwood Elementary School, I learned the pledge of allegiance, the Lord's Prayer, and Preamble to the Constitution. We prayed at the start of each day and before lunch. I learned how to handle a firearm and a fishing pole and spent many hours with both. I ran trotlines all night at Bois D' Arc Lake with my Dad and Grandfather to catch catfish that we'd freeze and live off of for weeks. It was here I was baptized in the Garrett Memorial Baptist Church after accepting Jesus in a Vacation Bible School when I was ten years old. I got my first BB gun at age five, a Daisy model 25 that I still have and that's in mint condition. I learned the basic rules of gun safety and all the other virtues of freedom that we celebrate in the United States of America.

Like a lot of Americans, I grew up in a small town far removed from the power, the money, and the influence that runs the country. There, people worked hard, lifted heavy things and sweated through their clothes grinding out a living, but today a lot of folks can't seem to get ahead or in some cases, even stay even. My Dad wasn't an "educated" man, but he was a smart man. He and my mother didn't have much materially, but they did have honesty, gumption and humility to their very bones, and they taught me the basic lesson of life that I was to do unto others as I would have others do unto me. These lessons, these fundamental values that distinguish right from wrong, are worth more to me than all the world's money.

I know I'm not the only person who feels this way when I say that, we've lost that, haven't we? We've lost those principles that built this nation, from a rebellious colony to the world's sole superpower: strong family values, a sense of community with one another, the plain virtues of patriotism, self-giving and faith, respect for our elders and military service-members, and self-realization, not through consumption of material goods, but with hard work, honesty and devotion to one another. An epidemic of despair and loneliness has swept across our nation and struck at the heart of our citizens, and so we cannot be surprised at the triumph of international terrorism; we have lost our way. Time and time again, at our hour of reckoning, Americans of all walks of life have risen up to the challenges that face us, to restore the principles this country was founded upon and to defeat tyrants, despots and radicals that have so often attempted to subvert our morals and strike fear into the heart of our people. We cannot - we will not - let them win.

It's a long way from a little brick house on the 2nd Street in Hope, Arkansas to the White House, but that's just part of the promise of America, isn't it? Any person, poor or rich, white or black, young or old, can become the President of the United States. But what's even greater than any person can, is that every person has the inalienable civic right to reclaim the destiny of our people and set the course for our nation. We need not be pessimistic about the future when we know in 1776 that the Founding Fathers gave us every tool for crises such as this, and we have an obligation to our fellow man & woman to use it; we must reclaim our destiny. As President Reagan remarked, in these enduring words, "freedom is never more than one generation from extinction," we must make certain the promises of hope and liberty that inspired a colony three centuries ago and preserved by our forefathers ever since.

I ask you to join me in that cause, to restore the nation's moral fabric, revive hope & certainty in the promise of our nation and defeat international terror. I'm Mike Huckabee, and I'm running for President of the United States.

I will be blunt: our nation is faced with some tremendous challenges. We need Washington to balance it's budget. We need to get tough on terrorism and win the war in Iraq. We need to restore the sanctity of America's most cherished values: marriage, life from conception, our flag and the military service-members that represent it. We need to break the stranglehold that big, coastal special interests have on Washington. We need to restore faith in our national security capabilities to protect innocent citizens from the vile attacks committed by radicals. God Bless President Bush for everything he's done to that end. We have an obligation as Americans to continue his fight against international Islamic terror, and that is what we shall do.

My credentials are evident: I won in and governed a state that had the most lopsided partisan makeup in the country, and certainly not for the Republicans. I challenged the deeply entrenched political machine that ran this state. It was tough sledding, but I learned a lesson about governance and leadership, and in that environment, we passed the first broad-based tax cut in the state's history, rebuilt our road system, saw dramatic increases in our student test scores, and fought the corruption of the good ol' boy system so working class people would be given a fair shake. In Washington, I'll take on the taxers and the spenders, the good ol' boy system, and the attacks on our military and service-members as they fight selflessly against terror.

My beliefs are consistent: anyone who knows me or worked with me throughout my tenure as Governor or career as a Pastor will tell you that my convictions are authentic. My faith is my life; it defines me. It gives me humility and wisdom, not to the faults of others, but to my own. It gives me strength in the face of injustice, to the unborn and to our fellow neighbor. I am a Christian and a conservative, and I will not waver on those fundamentals, but I am not mad at anybody. I believe that our nation was birthed in the spirit of faith, not a prescriptive one dictating how to believe or even that we have to, but a faith that holds there is indeed a Providence that pervades our world. These values I believe, not because of political expediency like so many other politicians do, but because of how I was raised in the church and my deep commitment to my faith. Too many politicians give lip service to these issues and never follow through, because they don’t truly care, but for me, it’s personal.

I will be clear: my story is not remarkable. I am just one of millions in this country who grew up in a small, simple town to, by all accounts, an ordinary family. I don't come from a wealthy household, but a working one; I grew up blue-collar and not blue-blood. I got my first job at KXAR Radio at age 14, and I met my wife of 29 years here in my hometown in my elementary school and started dating her in high school. But as ordinary as it all is, it does tell something remarkable about our country: people from all walks of life can take part in civil government and serve their fellow man and woman, whether it be as small as casting a single vote or as big as running for President. Unlike in other countries and the one we broke off from, the Framers believed that the common person, not royal aristocrats with a supposed "divine right to rule," should have the say in their government.

My friends, I ask you to join me in voicing that say. Join this fight for our country and it's destiny as we meet folks from all walks of life who believe in this creed too. It is a long road from here to the White House, but we will do the impossible as our great country so often has in it’s history. Thank you, Hope, and God bless!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2022, 10:39:29 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2022, 10:46:28 PM by Senator OBD »

Pat Robertson Speech on American Strength
Des Moines, Iowa

Everyone talks about America being safe from terrorism. But safety and security starts at home. Our America needs to be strong, and that means families. Our families need to be strong. That’s why I am here to do something very important: to talk to the American people about the family. Now there’s a word in our America that the government has tried to take away from us, that is that family. And, if you think about it, it’s what families are for. Families are to protect one another. They’re to support one another. They’re to help one another. And if we lose our families, then we lose our nation.

But our government has come up with some new programs to destroy families, or take away from families the support and the love and the care of their family. Big government childcare, just like the Soviet Union, to indoctrinate children into communism and homosexuality. There’s nothing good about socialism. It’s bad for the United States of America.
We also have no moral courage. Today the United States has no moral courage. Today the United States, when an Islamic Jihadist terrorist or militant attacks, the reaction of the president is not, “Oh, my goodness,” the reaction of the president is not, “What can we do to protect our people?” Instead, the first words out of the mouth of the president are not about protecting Americans but protecting the rights of Muslims in America. The word that comes out is not, “We will do everything we can to protect America,” the word that comes out is not, “We will go after the terrorists,” the word that comes out is not, “We’re not going to tolerate this.” Instead, the first words out of the mouth of the president are always, “Oh, this is not the fault of Islam." Islam is the problem.

I’m here to say that no, the United States is not going to make the mistake of socialism. There’s no way we’re going to do socialism. Socialism is a system, as I said, in which there is no government. You go to a socialist country and you will see chaos and disaster. We don’t want that in America. We want a government that stands up for the people. We want a government that will defend our people. That will protect our people. That will defend our interests and that will defend our way of life.
That starts with strong families. No communism, no liberalism, no gay marriage, no flag burning. Prayer in schools, Christian government, traditional marriage, fearing God, respect the Ten Commandments. That's the way to a safe America. That’s what we need. We need to turn back from government power to God and back to strong families.

The United States is going through a lot right now. We are losing our freedom, and when you lose your freedom, you become one of the most vulnerable nations in the world. And that's going to be the end of our freedom. That's going to be the end of our power.

This is a time where the strength of the United States is at its lowest level since before the founding of the country. But, if we have a strong nation, if we have a strong people, if we have strong families, if we have strong families, then we can have a safe, strong, and proud nation.

There’s a lot we have to fight for. But God is fighting for us. And he has given us a nation that he will protect. We are not going to be overrun by an enemy who lives in our country. We will not be overcome by an enemy who will come in here and destroy the moral fiber of America and then destroy her. We will not be overrun by an enemy who knows that the way to win over the hearts and minds of people is not to say, “I’m an American. I’m an American.” It’s to say, “I’m an American citizen who loves God and he loves me.” That's how you win over the hearts and minds of people. The Islamic Jihadists are telling people, “I’m Muslim, I’m a good Muslim, but I’m not an American, and therefore I don’t like the American way.” They’re lying to people. They’re hiding that truth.
America was a country created by God. America was a country built on Judeo-Christian principles. God’s going to put an end to this whole government-controlled religion movement that’s coming. God is going to put an end to it. We have a country built on Judeo-Christian principles. We have a lot of problems here in America that we need to work on, but God is still protecting America. God is still going to protect America, and he’s going to work out his own plans for America. We can either be the people who try to work out our own plan, or we can be the people who listen to the government and follow whatever plan they want to put forth, and we lose. We lose. America loses. We can’t have two plans in this country. We can’t have that. God will save America. But ya'll need to vote for my campaign to start it.
BGBC
joshva
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2022, 02:58:25 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 03:09:53 AM by joshva »

DSCF0005 by contento, on Flickr

Governor Huckabee kicks off 'Faith, Family, Freedom' tour in Iowa

With the recent news of Mike Huckabee's Presidential bid, the campaign understands that his early struggle will be in establishing name recognition and fundraising. That's why the Arkansas Governor is taking off his gloves, meeting with individual voters and building a ground-game in the early states to distinguish himself and his campaign message from the other candidates as being authentically conservative. Governor Huckabee wants to introduce himself personally to give voters the right idea of what he's about. Here's what he had to say in his kickoff QnA in Dubuque, IA:

"Listen, folks, in elections as big as these, money counts. If you don't want to talk to real people, real voters, you just call up a couple of big party donors and Wall Street friends, and they'll do all the talking for you in commercials and newspaper ads. I don't want to make it seem like I've tried and failed in the political business, I just don't have those connections (laughter)... but it's really a shame how entrenched the political machine in this country, that they've bought their way out of one-on-one conversations with their constituents. Politicians oughta be accountable to their voters' direct concerns. This election is really important for a number of reasons, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. The Framers gave us a Republic, if we can keep it, and part of that framework was a civic responsibility for people like you and me to pass down the torch of liberty that has been preserved for three centuries. So often, our nation has been stared in the face, by despots, by dictators, by radicals, and our forefathers stood up to the challenge and defeated those enemies. This election is no different.

That's why this election is so important, to me and to you, and we need a President who can say it to our faces. For the next six days, I'm going to keep this simple. I'm going to be picking up a microphone, packing a bag and meeting with the folks of Iowa, from all walks of life. I'm going to diners, schools, gyms, union halls, civic centers and everywhere in between to tell it like it is. Politicians oughta do just that, because we deserve the basic decency to be told it to our face. We've lost our way; we've abandoned the values that turned this nation from a rebellious colony to the world's sole superpower. Washington is a mess, and there are so many voters who are really frightened, who have lost hope in our nation's future. I call this the 'Faith, Family, Freedom' tour because those are the values that really unite our people and represent what our nation has lost in it's soul: a sense of community and family with one another. But rest assured, when Americans come together to restore the promise of this country, there is no enemy we cannot defeat. We will defeat international terror."

Huckabee, DeMint to push Marriage Defense Amendment

With reports of private meetings between Governor Huckabee and Senator DeMint going back months, the media has speculated over what exactly the two have been deliberating over. Of course, the Presidential campaign has been posited the most, but now aides are confirming that DeMint is intending to propose a Marriage Defense Amendment to the Senate upon the Arkansas' Governor lobbying for it. Governor Huckabee has been a stern advocate of a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as one man and one woman along the campaign trail, here's what he had to say:

"Marriage is fundamentally between a man and a woman. That's how it's been defined since marriage was created; it's the most fundamental institution of civilization. Yet it's being redefined by out-of-touch politicians and activist judges. We've got to bring it to a stop, and one of the ways we can do that is putting it to a democratic vote. Thanks to the efforts of Senator DeMint and, soon, surely others, people can get the facts about where their elected representatives stand with the Marriage Defense Amendment. Let me give the viewers a little background: in 1993, a liberal state court in Hawaii threw out that state's laws for traditional marriage. Voters across the nation were appalled and lawmakers passed the Defense of Marriage Act, along with every other state in the union. Now we're hearing of a similar case in Massachusetts, where a liberal Supreme Court is likely to thwart the will of the people and throw out another traditional marriage law. If the Senate passes this Amendment, then we can once and for all find where our people stand on the issue and put it to rest. If they don't, then the people will know how their representatives truly feel about one of the cherished cornerstones of our society."

(approved by kaiserdave)
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2022, 09:11:41 AM »

Senator McCain’s August Schedule

JohnMcCain01a
Chitrapa at English Wikipedia, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

August 1st-3rd- Senate duties

August 4th-Meeting with Armed Services Committee Colleagues to discuss the situation in Iraq

August 5th-7th- Senate duties

August 8th- Fly to Charleston, South Carolina

August 9th- Town hall in Charleston

Q: How would you, as President, be handling the situation in Iraq differently?

A: My friends, look, I believe and have always believed that American success in Iraq is vital to the peace and security of the entire world. Saddam Hussien was not someone you could box in, whatever the Clinton administration thought. We saw that clearly. What we have to focus on now is what to do to ensure that the gains we have made are not lost, and that means committing to a short-term increase in troop numbers to give our people in country the tools they need to really get the job done. When we stabilize the security situation, then we can get the provisional authority on its feet, and we can create a real functioning democracy in Iraq.

Q: How will you promote small business growth as President?

A: A McCain administration will start, first and foremost, with a commitment to reducing taxes for main street. When we finish the work of getting money out of politics through campaign finance reform, get rid of the wasteful pork-barrel spending that dominates business as usual in Washington, then we can start focusing on the issues impacting main streets and downtowns all over America. My friends, it all starts with making sure that Washington is listening, and then we can start reducing and simplifying tax rates for middle-class Americans.

August 10th- Meeting with Senator Lindsey Graham to discuss foreign policy and defense issues

August 11th- Meetings with Republican leadership to discuss the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan

August 12th- Fly to Arizona, meeting with local staff

August 13th- Work out of Phoenix office on local issues

August 14th- Meeting with local community leaders in Mesa

August 15th- Phone conference with former Secretaries of State George Schultz on foreign policy and security issues

August 16th- Work on local issues out of Mesa office, call with Senator Richard Lugar to discuss foreign and defense policy

August 17th- Fly to New Hampshire, meet with Senators Gregg and Sununu to discuss economic issues and the situation in Iraq

August 18th- Town halls in Concord and Berlin

August 19th- Town hall for state legislators in Concord, meeting with Republican leadership

August 20th- Breakfast at the Red Arrow Diner, tour of Merrimack, Milford, and southwestern Hillsborough county.

August 21st- Town hall in Durham, meet with UNH College Republicans

August 22nd- Meeting with Congressman Charlie Bass in his Concrod Office, Town hall in Bow

August 23rd- Town hall in Lebanon, meeting with Dartmouth College Republicans

August 24th- Speech to the NH Business and Industry Association, meeting with Concord Monitor Editorial staff

August 25th- Meeting with Union Leader Editorial staff, town hall at Manchester Memorial High School

August 26th- Fundraiser in Portsmouth, meeting with local elected officials

August 27th- Fly to Washington DC

August 28th- Lunch with Senator Warner in Virginia, meetings with office staff

August 29th- Meeting with refugee groups in Washington office, meet Arizona High School groups

August 30th- Phone conversation with New Hampshire staff, meeting with Senator Graham

August 31st- Appear on Meet the Press to discuss the situation in Iraq

“Q: Senator McCain, you have been very vocal in stating your view that our policy in Iraq must change. What, specifically do you want the Administration to do, and why haven’t they done it?

A: Simply put, I would like to see more troops in Iraq, where they are desperately needed to help stabilize the security situation. We all want a stable and democratic Iraq, and that will only be possible when our Iraqi allies have the help they need to combat what remains of Saddam Hussien’s brutal regime. I think some are worried that this is an unpopular solution or one that is not politically convenient but to be frank those are not considerations that need to come first on this issue. Our security is at stake, and the fate of fledgling free peoples is at stake. We can’t afford to play politics and optics on this one, we just have to do what’s right.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 01:21:20 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

John Kerry for President
Campaign Schedule

June

June 1st to 4th: Attend to Senate business in Washington D.C., meet with leadership from the AFL-CIO, League of Conservation Voters, and other groups to gauge support for the campaign. He will also meet with Senate Democratic leadership and Senator Ted Kennedy to gauge their support for the campaign.

June 5th to 7th: Make a pre-campaign stop to New Hampshire, meet with Former Governor Jeanne Shaheen and reach out to her husband Bill to potentially lead the Kerry campaign in the state. Meet with local county Democratic leadership in Hillsborough and Rockingham. Reachout to local democrats who are ideologically aligned with Kerry to serve as precinct captains for the campaign. Return to DC on the 7th to attend President Bush's funeral.

June 8th: Announce that Senator Kerry will be seeking the Democratic nomination, focus on the issues facing the United States in the modern era, call for the expansion of healthcare and other policies, a call for unity in these times of deep peril in the United States. At the announcement other speakers include Congressman Ed Markey, Former Governor and 1988 Nominee Michael Dukakis, and Congressman Stephen Lynch.

June 9th to 11th: Attend the opening of the national campaign headquarters in Boston. Meet with top staffers to discuss the opening moves of the Presidential primary, and speak on the phone with Former Vice President Al Gore and begin courting his support for the 2004 campaign cycle. Meet with local Boston Democratic leadership and hold the first major fundraiser of the campaign.

June 12th to 16th:Attend to Senate business, meet with Senator Hillary Clinton and discuss the 2004 campaign. Attend  fundraising efforts for Senate Democrats and the DSCC, including Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle for the 2004 cycle. Meet with Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) to seek his endorsement.

June 17th to 21st:Visit Iowa for the first time as a declared candidate, hold a fundraiser in Des Moines, and speak to students at the University of Iowa and Drake University. Meet with Governor Tom Vilsack, Secretary of State Chet Culver, Former Senator John Culver, Representative Leonard Boswell, Attorney General Tom Miller, and Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald. Focus on agriculture and kitchen table issues in Iowa, meet with local Democratic leaders in the Council Bluffs, Iowa City, and Des Moines areas.

June 22nd to 25th: Visiting New Hampshire, Senator Kerry will speak to students and anti-war activists in Manchester. He will later meet with Governor Jeanne Shaheen and her husband Bill who he will court to run his New Hampshire campaign. He will also speak to members of the Longshoreman's Union in Portsmouth. Finally he will meet with the editorial board of the Manchester Union Leader and Governor John Lynch.

June 26th to 30th: Attend to Senate business in Washington D.C., meet with Civil Rights and African American leaders in Washington, and work to gain the support of Councilman Jack Evans who is quite influential within the city. Senator Kerry will rally supporters from the D.C. Universities mainly Georgetown, American, and George Mason. Focusing on efforts to score a victory in the days before the Iowa caucus, and dampen the momentum of a potential challenger. Finally, Kerry will focus on building his online operation and approach Joe Trippi to lead his campaign's online efforts and join the campaign as a Senior Strategist. 

July

July 1st to 3rd: Attend to campaign duties in the office in Boston, meet with high level strategists and hold fundraisers with prominent supporters. Meet with Senator Ted Kennedy and other potential supporters in the State House and Senate. Call Vice President Al Gore, and Senator Clinton to discuss the election and their plans. Hold fundraisers each night to build the campaign war chest to begin placing local advertisements in key areas in Iowa and New Hampshire focusing on healthcare and the minimum wage.

July 4th: For Independence day, participate in a parade in Boston. Meet with local Democratic committeeman and organizers to develop an internet campaign for the 2004 cycle focusing on small donors and young voter outreach through this new medium. Speak on the importance of Patriotism to a group at the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Laconia.

To me, being a Patriot means not just going above and beyond in service to your country. Being a patriot means going above and beyond in service of your fellow Patriot. I am running for President because I see myself as a Patriot, and I think I am the candidate best positioned to serve the American people and the global community. A veteran of the Vietnam war, a committed fighter for the middle class, and someone who wants to see America prosper. Not just large corporations."

July 5th through 8th: Travel to New Hampshire speak to supporters in Concord, Laconia, and Manchester. Meet with leaders of the state AARP, Unions, and local Democratic leaders including Fmr. Governor Jeanne Shaheen, Gov. John Lynch, and Mayor of Manchester.

July 9th through 15th: Attend to Congressional duties in Washington D.C. while also making appearances on nationally syndicated radio and satellite radio such as the Howard Stern Show. (Courtig Stern's endorsement)

Q: Senator Kerry is true that you killed babies in Vietnam and ate them to gain their strength?

A: No it is not Howard. A lot of bad things happened in Vietnam and lives were lost, but I did not eat any babies. How about your service in Vietnam?

Q: Well Senator, as you know in Vietnam I had 11 kills. I was in a Village and I came upon a school house so I take one of the grenades off my belt and throw it right into the school house. I blew up the entire damn school house so I'm out there counting the bodies and I must have killed 200 kids. My Sergeant comes over and says, Stern those all count as One.

Q: Well Senator on a serious note what do you think of the War in Iraq and how it is progressing?

A: I'm quite concerned in all honesty, and if I'm elected President I will rethink much of our strategy in the region. I have a plan for Iraqi federalism that would guarantee political and civil rights to many of the Ethnic minorities in Iraq as well guaranteeing Sunni's who currently have no oil rights a proportional share of the oil revenue. We would also see an increase in funding for the rebuilding of infrastructure in Iraq. I think a phased withdrawal by the end of 2007 or the beginning of 2008 is realistic and that is what people on my Foreign Policy team have told me is possible, but at this point that is too far in the future to speculate.

Q: Well folks, there you have it Senator John Kerry.

July 16th to 20th: Travel to Michigan and meet with Senator Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow, Representative John Dingell, along with Governor Whitmer. In Michigan he will highlight his opposition to tax incentives for companies moving jobs overseas, and how in the Senate he cast a vote creating 20 million new jobs. He will speak with African American leaders in Detroit, and speak to the large middle eastern community in Dearborn on how America needs to come together.

July 21st to 23rd: Kerry will go to California for a major fundraising push among Hollywood donors. He will meet with Director Steven Spielberg along with other major donors to court support for the 2004 campaign. He will also meet with Former Governor and now Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown along with Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Finally he will speak with Civil Rights leaders in Oakland about the need for urban revitalization and his plans for it.

July 24th to 26th: Kerry will go travel to South Carolina and then Tennessee where he will meet with local civil rights leaders in Charleston and then meet with state party officials to discuss strategy in the 2004 cycle with vulnerable Democratic incumbents on both the local and federal level. He will speak with Senator Fritz Hollings at his home in Charleston to court his endorsement. Finally, in Tennessee he will meet with Former Vice President Al Gore at his home, following up on multiple phone calls laying out his plan to combat climate change and protect the environment to the Former Vice President.

July 27th to 30th: Kerry will attend to Senate business while speaking with prominent officials within the AFL-CIO and other organizations to seek their backing. He will meet with Senator Ted Kennedy continuing to court his endorsement as the summer months continue. Kerry will also meet with Dick Gephardt on the issue of his endorsement hoping if the Missouri congressman backs him he will be able to receive the support of organized labor in his fight for the nomination. Kerry will also unveil his plan to expand medicare and medicaid coverage in the goal of having every American insured by 2010.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2022, 03:52:04 PM »

Governor Pataki's Early Campaign (July)

July 2nd to July 4th.
On July 2nd, George Pataki will announce his run for president in his hometown of Peekskill, New York and following his speech, he will be attending various interviews, mainly boasting about his more "conservative" accomplishments there. On the Fourth of July, George Pataki will be making a speech on the Fourth of July and celebrating the Fourth of July in his hometown. Late into the night, Pataki will be flying from New Windsor to Concord, New Hampshire.

July 5th to July 12th.
After arriving in New Hampshire, Governor Pataki will make a speech around noon on his plans for a responsible government, and he will be outlining some his plans for the nation if he elected to be its chief executive in his tour of New Hampshire along with town halls. Pataki will talk about the "Christian" and cahtolic values he believes in across various churches in New Hampshire. He will also court the endorsements of various newspapers and some state senators and state representatives across New Hampshire. On the 9th, Pataki will answer his first five questions submitted by voters and supporters on "webPataki" and on the 12th, he will go on a flight to Albany.

July 13th to July 16th.
Between the 13th and the 16th, Governor Pataki shall attend to his duties as Governor, and he will record his second Q&A on "webPataki" and along with that, a webforum shall be opened to supporters and undecided voters and for people to coordinate events for the Pataki campaign on the 14th. On the fifteenth, Pataki will hold a meeting with his campaign team and attend an interview. On the sixteenth, he will meet with leaders of AIPAC to try to get their endorsement by committing to a pro-Israel position, and pointing out his wife's status as a co-founder of One Jerusalem, a pro-Israel organization.

July 17th.
On the 17th, Governor Pataki will hold a rally and town hall in Washington DC because the caucus was earlier than many primaries and because the Governor was in DC the day before, meeting with Republican district City Councilors Carol Schwartz and David Catania on a potential endorsement with a private promise of a more moderate platform socially than the Bush 2000 platform. Following the meeting, he will speak in Arlington, where he will talk about his plans to protect America and to enhance and to improve America's national security. Deep into the night, Pataki will book a flight to Des Moines, Iowa.

July 18th to July 21st.
In his short tour of Iowa, Pataki will be campaigning across Iowa, campaigning on the "Christian" values he believes in and will campaign on supporting ethanol subsidies and talking about his and his wife's efforts to help agriculture, wherever in New York or nationally, and Governor Pataki shall lay out a platform or plan on how a Pataki administration would help agriculture and farmers. Late into the night in the 21st, Pataki will fly from Waterloo to St. Louis.

July 22nd to July 23rd.
George Pataki will speak in St. Louis, where he will speak about his plan to cut red tape and he will mention how he cut red tape in New York and nationally, and he will also talk about his plans on helping small businesses in Missouri and nationally. He will also speak in Kansas City, where he will campaign on his plans for crime prevention, and how he cut crime in New York as Governor and how he will implement the some of the same measures and do some of the same actions nationally.

July 23rd to July 26th
George Pataki will attend to his gubernatorial duties, meeting with his campaign team and planning for the month of August. He will also meet with Governor Jim Douglas and Lt. Governor Brian Dubie and he'll try to court them and convince them to endorse Governor Pataki, as they are fellow Northeast moderate Republican Governors. He'll also rest and spend time with his family before going on another tour of New Hampshire.

July 26th to August 1st
George Pataki will tour New Hampshire again, meeting with local Republicans and courting for their support of the Pataki campaign, and he will conduct interviews with newspapers to get spread name recognition and to potentially get an endorsement and he'll be on local TV stations across New Hampshire, and he'll hold town halls across New Hampshire. He'll also be trying to present himself as a pragmatic and electable Republican who can win and who has enacted many "reasonable conservative" policies as Governor of New York that have led to increased growth in the economy and lower crime and a more secure New York and as President he will do the same if you vote for him to be the Republican nominee. He'll also present himself as the leader that can take America from the past to the digital future because of his campaign's investment into technology and the webPataki website. He will pledge to visit every town in New Hampshire by the time of the first primary in the nation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies