Do pretty people have it easier? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do pretty people have it easier? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do pretty people have it easier?  (Read 850 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« on: January 13, 2022, 11:11:54 AM »
« edited: January 13, 2022, 05:11:24 PM by Meclazine »

In the Corporate World, yes. It's all image and LinkedIn, nice photos. You basically want to look like Toto Wolf.

Private business, it depends if you are selling your face - lawyer, consultant, sales. But generally not.

When I came out of University in 1995, the first company I worked for was huge and once a year, they would retrench 8% of the work force.

No unattractive women were made redundant during my first 6 years.

8% multiplied by 6 years meant that in my 7th year, on the 4th floor, the accounts/HR department was full of smokin' hot babes. It was so obvious what was going on.

From my first year of working in 1996, there were two very attractive women (in different fields) I started with, and after 25 years, they are still there. Unsackable hotties.

I think about that sometimes. If I looked like a guy out of a Just For Men ad, would I be more successful?

I have witnessed mine managers who are 55 years of age fall in love with the HR girl who is 30. The HR girl basically runs the whole site because she has the manger wrapped around her finger because he hasn't had sex with his wife for 7 years.

Success in a company means looking good.

It wasn't successful until I started my own company that I realised I was successful at getting business done and that I shouldn't take large companies opinions seriously.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 07:39:17 PM »

I'm an ugly man so I wouldn't have a clue.

Well you would know if you think it causes you a distinct lack of success and happiness in comparison

I am not unattractive, but I do know one general theme. Schmoozers in the workplace with big smiles and eye contact with time to influence senior staff tend to do better.

If they are attractive and influential, then this process will lead to faster promotions and management positions.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:41:55 AM »

I'm so ugly when I walk into the bank, they turn off the CCTV.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 05:20:15 AM »

u know if u look at anybody for long enough u really realize everybody is pretty dang ugly tbh

Even Margot Robbie?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies