Opinion of CNN's Chrises
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of CNN's Chrises
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are the below FF's or HP's (in terms of their commentary and their personal character)?
Cuomo is an HP (D)

Cuomo is an HP (R)

Cuomo is an FF (D)

Cuomo is an FF (R)

Cilliza is an HP (D)

Cilliza is an HP (R)

Cilliza is an FF (D)

Cilliza is an FF (R)

Wallace is an HP (D)

Wallace is an HP (R)

Wallace is an FF (D)

Wallace is an FF (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of CNN's Chrises  (Read 683 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2022, 07:18:41 PM by Senator CentristRepublican »

This might be the wrong board; if it is, moderators should feel free to move it to the appropriate board (I thought maybe the off-topic board but this is somewhat political, and I considered USGD but figured it's for news, not this).

Anyway, HP for Cilliza (for obvious reasons) and Cuomo (for obvious reasons) and FF for Wallace (like his moderating and how calm and mild he is, he seems nonpartisan and genuine).

(EDIT: Yes, I know Cuomo was fired and that Wallace is still getting set up.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »

Interestingly the 2nd voter here is a Democrat for Cilliza but a Republican for the other two. Maybe it was a voting mistake.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 08:14:34 PM »

don't watch cnn
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 08:20:29 PM »

Interestingly the 2nd voter here is a Democrat for Cilliza but a Republican for the other two. Maybe it was a voting mistake.

It wasn't.

It was protest for forgetting the I/O option for us 3rds.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 09:03:14 PM »

Cuomo; massive HP
Cilliza; LOL
Wallice; FF
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 11:34:38 PM »

Yeah, and maybe it's just me, but the thing is, I've read/watched some of Cilliza's content, and it's not even that funny. It's just irritating. Like today I was reading an article on CNN and clicked several related article links in the middle which seemed interesting. They were all well-written, even if I disagreed with some of the content or found it uninteresting. Then I reached an article by Cilliza, and without even reading the author's name, it's apparent it's a Cilliza article since there is no formality whatsoever - I'm not saying it's bad to crack a joke or two or be informal, but Cilliza goes way too far with it. There were a couple of Cilliza articles which were borderline eye-watering in terms of how informal they were, and then an article by someone else which was actually not a pain to read. I think HP is still appropriate even if you find him funny as 'Hilarious Person' (though I think he's the original type of HP in some ways). In case you want the same 'Cilliza experience' I suffered, here are the articles I read. Without looking at the author, try to guess if this is written by Cilliza or not after reading the first 2 sentences. After thoroughly reading all of them, honestly tell me if it was a more pleasant experience to read those written by Cilliza or those not (and try not to factor in the actual content of the article, since some of Cilliza's topics were interesting by nature in a way some of the others weren't - unsurprising since he's 'editor at-large' and probably chooses which articles he gets to write). Anyway, here they are...after completing my exercise, tell me if your opinion of Cilliza hasn't lowered slightly:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/hillary-clinton-2024-presidential-election/
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/politics/republican-midterm-candidates-2020-election-lies/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/28/politics/trump-dunleavy-endorsement-murkowski/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/11/politics/georgia-political-center-stage-2022/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/donald-trump-npr-2024/
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/trump-mcconnell-2022/
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/ron-johnson-republicans-senate-2022-analysis/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/11/politics/mike-rounds-republican-defense/index.html
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 11:35:29 PM »

It wasn't.

It was protest for forgetting the I/O option for us 3rds.

Yeah I was too lazy to add an I/O option for each; it would have meant 6 more options and I hoped the I/O's could just choose R or D for the purposes of this poll.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »

Chris Cuomo: Major HP

Chris Cilizza: Hilarious person

Chris Wallace: FF
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »

You don't need to. Wallace was on Fox for the longest time, and if you don't watch Fox either, he moderated the first 2020 debate (the one where Trump was behaving particularly immature). Cuomo is...well, Cuomo; recent events pretty much say it all and I haven't watched or read anything by him, but still was able to go with HP. Lastly, Cilliza is on YouTube (so you can watch his stuff there) and 'writes' 'articles' for CNN as well (but if you haven't done either of them, let me tell you, I envy you...you haven't missed much except for a grown man making a fool of himself constantly).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »

You don't need to. Wallace was on Fox for the longest time, and if you don't watch Fox either, he moderated the first 2020 debate (the one where Trump was behaving particularly immature). Cuomo is...well, Cuomo; recent events pretty much say it all and I haven't watched or read anything by him, but still was able to go with HP. Lastly, Cilliza is on YouTube (so you can watch his stuff there) and 'writes' 'articles' for CNN as well (but if you haven't done either of them, let me tell you, I envy you...you haven't missed much except for a grown man making a fool of himself constantly).

Here are some articles about Cillizza which should enable you to make a judgement on him (and this applies to everyone) while sparing you the horror of actually watching/reading him:

This one profiles him and provides a lot of details, but the POV is pretty obviously tilted in favour of Cillizza.

Here's one that just trashes him, something he needs desperately given how everyone else fawns over his 'everyman' (a.k.a., foolish and immature) style (alert: this one does have a Cillizza video, but if you watch it you'll know never to watch another again; he's like someone who knows nothing about politics trying to improvise his way through; I don't blame you if you stop after about 1 minute like I did; it's hard not to lose your patience).

This one talks about his Reddit AMA.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 01:49:38 PM »

Wallace is a FF mostly by the very, very low standards of cable news journalism nowadays.  Cilizza has about a 70 IQ and Cuomo is obviously a terrible douche.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 02:49:00 PM »

Cuomo: Massive HP
Cilliza: Lmao
Wallace: Strong FF
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 07:43:04 PM »

It's spelled "crises".
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 04:57:09 PM »

Tellingly, Wallace is an FF 19-5 according to Democrats but 7-6 an HP according to Republicans...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »

Tellingly, Wallace is an FF 19-5 according to Democrats but 7-6 an HP according to Republicans...
For a second I thought you were talking about Nicole Wallace and got confused. Lol.
But yeah, it's quite striking.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 05:07:51 PM »

For a second I thought you were talking about Nicole Wallace and got confused. Lol.
But yeah, it's quite striking.

Considering he rarely takes sides in politics and honestly and objectively, moderated the Trump/Biden debate as fairly as he could. It's probably mainly because of that but maybe a little to do with him switching allegiances from Fox to CNN.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies