As president what do you think the previous' posters legacy would be?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:11:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As president what do you think the previous' posters legacy would be?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: As president what do you think the previous' posters legacy would be?  (Read 14963 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2022, 06:23:04 PM »

Probably would look a bit like how Trump in 2016 sold himself during the primary, only with genuinely economically quasi-center-left stances. Legacy would depend on how much traction you'd get for your policies, but if you had enough to get elected, you'd probably get some of it done.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2022, 10:31:53 PM »

Playing a major role in reducing polarization between the parties - despite some issues passing his agenda, he ultimately gets Congress to work together on legislation in a manner not seen in decades.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2022, 09:12:13 AM »

I would pretty much say the same thing about OBD.  He might even see SOME improvement for the Democrats in the ancestrally-Democratic south. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2022, 10:30:42 AM »

She would be the most neoliberal President ever, advocating a rather conservative economic agenda with a progressive social agenda.  She would be more popular with the people as a whole than within the GOP.  Her Presidency would result in the Religious Right wrestling with the issue of either remaining in the GOP and opposing her or leaving the GOP and forming a third party.  The latter would happen if her Presidency effected a realignment which left Religious conservatives without a real home in either party.  (She could not get nominated in the GOP as it presently exists, and probably could not have gotten nominated with her positions in the GOP any time after 1976.)

That's if she were elected as a Republican.  If she switched parties and became a Democrat she would be far less controversial within her own party.  She'd be pushed to adopt more economically liberal measures, and might do so on some issues if she were a Democrat.

This isn't a knock on her personally; she's one of my favorite posters.  This would be her legacy because what I've written is what would likely happen if someone with her positions on issues were elected President as a Republican.  As I've mentioned, if she switched parties it would go somewhat differently.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2022, 01:48:20 PM »

Would basically be a more #populist Trump but would be less insane and therefore somewhat more popular.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2022, 07:25:52 PM »

He probably would get some of his economic agenda through though a Republican Congress probably wouldnt adopt his positions on healthcare as it would be too liberal for them and his social agenda probably would make him unpopular with the GOP base so he probably would end up a one termer.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2022, 01:33:23 AM »

He probably would get some of his economic agenda through though a Republican Congress probably wouldnt adopt his positions on healthcare as it would be too liberal for them and his social agenda probably would make him unpopular with the GOP base so he probably would end up a one termer.

Yeah. If I was a liberal on healthcare but had conservative views on red meat social issues I'd be fine but alas I do not.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2022, 01:36:12 AM »

Yeah. If I was a liberal on healthcare but had conservative views on red meat social issues I'd be fine but alas I do not.

Agreed
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2022, 07:06:31 PM »

Would probably be notable for being the first foreign-born president. Ignoring that, though, your nomination and election would probably mark a turning point within the Republican Party against Trump-style populism. Core base would probably consist of #NeverTrump Republicans and old folks who are nostalgic for Reagan and 41.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2022, 09:22:22 AM »

A good version of Jesse Ventura
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »

Would be notable for being the first foreign-born and LGBTQ+ president. He would push for and generally succeed in enacting a center-left agenda, though he would likely fail in enacting UBI. He would oversee a time of peace and prosperity, and would approval ratings in the mid to high 50s. Historians would consider him to be an above average president.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies