DirecTV to stop carrying OANN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:06:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DirecTV to stop carrying OANN
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DirecTV to stop carrying OANN  (Read 495 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2022, 08:11:34 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-14/directv-to-drop-one-america-news-in-blow-to-conservative-channel?sref=yYYRek8e
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:13:04 PM »

Lol the QAnon people are going to have to decide how 'private companies can do whatever they want' doesn't apply in this business decision by a private company.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 08:37:20 PM »

Lol the QAnon people are going to have to decide how 'private companies can do whatever they want' doesn't apply in this business decision by a private company.
If this means America Firsters abandon mindless capitalism, then good.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 12:00:54 AM »

Not a single Qanoner thinks 'private companies can do whatever they want'. The Trumpist base aren't pro-corporation, they actively advocate for government regulation on big tech after all.
Idk why this "own" keeps coming up, you're not saying it to Lindsey Graham or Mitch McConnell. In fact it's more hypocritical for Democrats to say "well they're a private company they can do whatever they want" when they are openly pro-regulation.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »

Not a single Qanoner thinks 'private companies can do whatever they want'. The Trumpist base aren't pro-corporation, they actively advocate for government regulation on big tech after all.
Idk why this "own" keeps coming up, you're not saying it to Lindsey Graham or Mitch McConnell. In fact it's more hypocritical for Democrats to say "well they're a private company they can do whatever they want" when they are openly pro-regulation.

The precedent was established when they decided that businesses could hide behind religion and avoid anti-discrimination laws (which are a government regulation), or skirt health and safety regulations, or not pay taxes (while still receiving tax refunds), or treat their employees like equipment they can just throw away when they break--all things that these fools support.

But now they want to suddenly complain about unregulated business now that they're the ones on the receiving end of these decisions.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 12:32:05 AM »

This isn't an issue where regulation would be a factor. Cable and satellite carriers can opt to drop any channels they want to and it's been done before. They aren't really even dropping it per se, but declining to renew the contract.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 12:36:09 AM »

What law exists that requires a satellite TV provider to carry any channel?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 01:30:04 AM »

This again? This is not the “gotcha” that you think it is. Being “pro-regulation” in a broad conceptual sense doesn’t mean Democrats are required to support whatever inane regulation Trumpists happen to support on a given day because some company was rude to a Republican for once. I can support big media and tech companies being subject to anti-trust laws, higher taxes, protections for workers, environmental regulations, etc. while also recognizing that said corporations have basic rights to freedom of association and freedom of contract. There’s no hypocrisy or logical contradiction there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 01:48:03 AM »

It's hilarious now how conservatives have basically turned into idiot DU posters who want to reinstate that joke of a law that was the Fairness Doctrine.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 02:05:28 AM »

I'm proud to announce my brand new news network, KoopaTV™! It's a 24/7 feed containing nothing but pre-recorded clips of me screaming nonsense into a 480p laptop webcam from 2007, with commercial breaks (all of them being My Pillow, nobody else volunteered) sprinkled in between. All of the editing was done by my 12-year-old little brother using Windows XP Movie Maker.

I'm super excited about this as I know that DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, Cox, Mediacom, Charter, Verizon, and every other TV provider on the face of the planet is obligated to carry my fine programming. Any company that refuses to air my rants about how George Soros paid lesbian Bolivarian hookers to advertise weight loss programs is clearly in violation of the Fairness Doctrine®, and should expect me to go straight to the Supreme Court.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »

Too little, too late.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 08:22:16 AM »

If this means America Firsters abandon mindless capitalism, then good.

Their alternative is probably worse.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies