What prevented India/China from being Christianized or Islamicized? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:04:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  What prevented India/China from being Christianized or Islamicized? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What prevented India/China from being Christianized or Islamicized?  (Read 1940 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: January 13, 2022, 10:37:25 PM »

Having entrenched political bodies against such a change that could meaningfully defend their turf for centuries.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:33:59 PM »

Having entrenched political bodies against such a change that could meaningfully defend their turf for centuries.
I don't think so. India was ruled by the Muslim Mughal Emperors for centuries. And the Chinese dynasties weren't always strong, and their native religions weren't evangelical religions themselves.
The local Hindu leaders managed to have autonomy and due to their numbers and the diversity of religious thought survive these centuries while resisting the central government. Same in China.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 02:44:33 PM »

Tell me you know nothing of the history of India without telling me that you know nothing of the history of India.
This post tells no one not a thing about anything. Care to expand further?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 08:26:49 PM »

Tell me you know nothing of the history of India without telling me that you know nothing of the history of India.
This post tells no one not a thing about anything. Care to expand further?

Approximately how many Muslims are there in the Subcontinent and what has been the general cultural impact of Islam on it since the Middle Ages?
I and this thread is asking you this question
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies