🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:29:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Author Topic: 🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22)  (Read 62425 times)
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: November 22, 2023, 05:40:03 PM »

They interview someone from DENK and the party's supporters use it as an opportunity to have Palestinian flags take up 66% or more of the screen behind the interviewee. That's certainly on-brand lol

Makes sense, most of their vote base is immigrants and mostly islam believers. It's also the right position, i would not vote for them because I don't think i would feel welcome there as a white. And because it's socially conservative and too pro-Erdogan.

The played right into Wilders' cards. From the river to the sea.....
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #701 on: November 22, 2023, 05:46:24 PM »

The PVV vote in Beek, Limburg almost doubled. (16.3% to 31.7%)
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #702 on: November 22, 2023, 05:47:01 PM »

Omtzigt has to be the biggest loser no? Surely whoever he goes in to coalition with he’ll lose part of his vote - and in a snap election they’ll get squeezed again.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #703 on: November 22, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »

I get that PVV plays the xenophobia card and make rightwing populist promises about stopping asylum seekers etc... but what do they offer when it comes to inflation? Do they promise to wave a magic wand and make prices drop?

That is my question but seems in many countries with things bad, people for whatever reason like to go after those weaker than them not stronger thus why right wing populists succeeding and left failing.  A lot of it is emotional not well thought out.

If you don't throw money to voters you are just left with a social agenda.

So then how come we aren't seeing Bernie Sanders type parties going anywhere in Europe?  While that is not my type of politics, at least that style of populism I understand more than right wing type.

The Eurozone doesn't have any money, it went bust years ago.

Now Britain could print some money to shower voters, but not as much as America, and it depends on Starmer and his Chancellor.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #704 on: November 22, 2023, 05:50:19 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2023, 05:54:47 PM by Oryxslayer »

The PVV vote in Beek, Limburg almost doubled. (16.3% to 31.7%)

Limburg has always been their base so its going to be where they pull in nonvoters. It also seems to be where the VVD->PVV voter is strong. Even pre-election predictions had them winning every town there. Which is why I'm going to be more focused on the north here, but the shifts are no less significant.
Logical

« Reply #705 on: November 22, 2023, 05:51:16 PM »

Quick count in Amsterdam
GL-PvdA 34%
VVD 12%
PVV 10%
D66 10%
NSC 7%
Denk 7%
PvdD 5%
Volt 4%
SP 3%
FvD 3%
BIJ1 2%
BBB 1%
CDA 1%

With these results BIJ1 will definitely not win a seat.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #706 on: November 22, 2023, 05:53:58 PM »

Just 1.0% counted:

27.8% PVV (+14.6)
14.0% NSC (new)
13.9% VVD (-7.7)
11.0% GL–PvdA (+1.7)
  6.3% BBB (+0.1)
  4.6% CDA (-7.8 )
  4.1% D66 (-6.5)
  2.9% CU (-2.0)
  2.8% SP (-3.2)
  2.1% FvD (-3.6)
  1.5% PvdD (-1.4)
  0.8% Volt (-0.4)
  0.6% JA21 (-1.7)
DL
Canada

« Reply #707 on: November 22, 2023, 05:56:50 PM »

Why does it take them so long to count votes in the Netherlands? In Germany the votes would almost all be counted within an or two of the polls closing
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #708 on: November 22, 2023, 05:56:53 PM »

They interview someone from DENK and the party's supporters use it as an opportunity to have Palestinian flags take up 66% or more of the screen behind the interviewee. That's certainly on-brand lol

Makes sense, most of their vote base is immigrants and mostly islam believers. It's also the right position, i would not vote for them because I don't think i would feel welcome there as a white. And because it's socially conservative and too pro-Erdogan.

I don't think that had much impact. DENK is basically irrelevant. And I think you underestimate how many ppl are supportive of Palestine.

I mean i wouldn't vote for DENK ever and i'm clearly supportive of Palestine.
Logical

« Reply #709 on: November 22, 2023, 05:58:01 PM »

Why does it take them so long to count votes in the Netherlands? In Germany the votes would almost all be counted within an or two of the polls closing
Gigantic ballot papers
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #710 on: November 22, 2023, 05:59:33 PM »

Gigantic ballot papers

For reference
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: November 22, 2023, 06:00:59 PM »

I don't think that had much impact. DENK is basically irrelevant. And I think you underestimate how many ppl are supportive of Palestine.

I think you underestimate how many people on the right support Israel. And it is not just about Denk. It is about the slogan, the protests. Denk is just as irrelevant as PvdD
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2023, 06:04:10 PM »

I think you underestimate how many people on the right support Israel. And it is not just about Denk. It is about the slogan, the protests. Denk is just as irrelevant as PvdD

It's not like people who hate DENK in 2023 didn't hate DENK in 2021 and they got far more coverage in the past. So an anti-DENK vote would have more made sense back than.

In fact the pro-Palestine positions would have more appeal than pro-Erdogan sentiment across the spectrum. Perhaps not really on the right that always used them as a scapegoat. But on the left where more people would support the Palestinian cause.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #713 on: November 22, 2023, 06:05:59 PM »

The pattern of the PVV vote doubling or almost doubling is broadly common in many areas.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #714 on: November 22, 2023, 06:08:12 PM »

NSC wins it's first municipality, Winterswijk. In the traditional CDA heartland, but voted for PvdA back then. It seems the swingly left voters in this type of region went with Omtzigt.

PVV are still surging in Ouder-Amstel, but to a lesser extent. Instead, the story is the surge for GL-PvdA, not all from other Left parties given the NSC as well.

VVD are also seemingly collapsing in their Brabant strongholds. Not just the PVV surge but also the rise of Omtzigt and the BBB are pulling them under the PV.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #715 on: November 22, 2023, 06:10:19 PM »

They count by municipality and release the results in one dump for each municipality once they’re fully counted. The ones that are coming in at the moment are the smaller ones, but once places like Amsterdam start coming in the percentage of votes counted will start to shoot up.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #716 on: November 22, 2023, 06:11:34 PM »

Don't like how FvD lost seats, bur Wilders is really good roo (apart from the zionism). European populist parties are often good because they're secular.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: November 22, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2023, 06:19:07 PM by jeron »

It's not like people who hate DENK in 2023 didn't hate DENK in 2021 and they got far more coverage in the past. So an anti-DENK vote would have more made sense back than.

In fact the pro-Palestine positions would have more appeal than pro-Erdogan sentiment across the spectrum. Perhaps not really on the right that always used them as a scapegoat. But on the left where more people would support the Palestinian cause.

No. You are mistaken. Denk had a softer tone of voice for a while, but with its new leader they opted for a more aggressive strategy. It does not help them and it does not help their community. Like i said it is not just about Denk, it is about the (antisemitic) protests which simp0ly are not popular.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #718 on: November 22, 2023, 06:16:30 PM »

No. You are mistaken. Denk had a softer tone of voice for a while, but with its new leader they opted for a more aggressive strategy. It does not help them and it does not help their community. Like i said it is not just about Denk, it is about the (anisemitic) protests which simp0ly are not popular.

At the end i don't think people and I disagree with you.

Sure, not everyone will like those protests that's true but it's not just 2% of the population that supports Palestine.

If that truly was the case, PVV wouldn't win 35 seats Wink I mean we have more than 2% muslims to start with already.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #719 on: November 22, 2023, 06:21:03 PM »

With slightly more than two hours to go, Emmen is already approaching its 2021 total turnout figure: 67% now, 75.4% then. Last time, the PVV came first with 18.5% in Emmen while they only got 10.8% nationally. Are these additional voters PVV voters? Not sure. But if I had to guess whether the PVV is over or below 30% there now, I might guess 'over' at this point.
It's 36.5% in Emmen, and I think we can conclude turnout has helped the PVV.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #720 on: November 22, 2023, 06:25:15 PM »

No. You are mistaken. Denk had a softer tone of voice for a while, but with its new leader they opted for a more aggressive strategy. It does not help them and it does not help their community. Like i said it is not just about Denk, it is about the (antisemitic) protests which simp0ly are not popular.
Indeed. And even tonight they couldn't help themselves. Every time ordinary Dutch people (and independent personalities) see this sort of stuff it makes them more pro-Israel. Pro-Israel organizations ain't got nothing on Stephan van Baarle:

Logical

« Reply #721 on: November 22, 2023, 06:25:42 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2023, 06:28:56 PM by Logical »

Calvinist hellhole (Urk)
SGP 48.3% (-6.2)
PVV 25.8% (+12)
NSC 6.0% (new)
BBB 5.0% (+4.9)
CU 4.1% (-4)
CDA 3.7% (-4.1)
FvD 3.7% (-5.9)
VVD 0.9% (-0.8 )
GL-PvdA 0.7% (+0.2)

First time SGP under 50% here?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #722 on: November 22, 2023, 06:26:00 PM »

So I have to assume that the cordon sanitaire will have to be broken here, it’s either that or a broad anti-PVV government which I expect wouldn’t last very long
tomhguy
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -1.00

« Reply #723 on: November 22, 2023, 06:33:10 PM »

Gronigen just came in, with GL-PvdA doing very well here (despite somewhat mediocre performance in a lot of more rural districts).
Gl-PvdA: 30.4 (+11.6)
PVV: 13.2 (+7.5)
NSC: 11.6 (+11.6)
VVD: 10.6 (-3.1)
D66: 9.0 (-14.0)
SP: 4.3 (-3.3)
PVDD: 4.3 (-1.9)
VOLT: 3.8 (-1.7)

Here it seems to be a case of strong tactical voting for GL-PvdA from a number of progressive parties.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: November 22, 2023, 06:34:11 PM »

No. You are mistaken. Denk had a softer tone of voice for a while, but with its new leader they opted for a more aggressive strategy. It does not help them and it does not help their community. Like i said it is not just about Denk, it is about the (anisemitic) protests which simp0ly are not popular.

At the end i don't think people and I disagree with you.

Sure, not everyone will like those protests that's true but it's not just 2% of the population that supports Palestine.

If that truly was the case, PVV wouldn't win 35 seats Wink I mean we have more than 2% muslims to start with already.

I don't understand your logic. I said Denk played right into Wilders'cards, which is clearly the case (you seemed to disagree with me). It is part of a wider anti-muslim sentiment. Denk and its thetoric don't help, they make things worse.
Than mrs Yesilgoz came along. And I am sorry to say this but there are simply people who don't want a 'Turkish' PM, there are VVD voters who don't want a Turkish PM and so they voted for Wilders. Of course 'from the river to the sea' is not the reason Wilders got 35 seats. I am fully aware of that. But it IS part of it.

As to them being irrelevant. No they are not. They represent a community within Dutch society and they play a role (in my view a negative role) in the public debate.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies