2020 Election Without Protests and Riots in the Summer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:30:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Without Protests and Riots in the Summer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Election Without Protests and Riots in the Summer  (Read 695 times)
WPADEM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2022, 07:32:04 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2022, 07:38:59 PM by WPADEM »

How would the 2020 election have panned out without the Protests and Riots in the summer? I'd personally believe that Biden and the Democrats would win by more, potentially much more, but would like to see what everyone else thinks.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 10:39:02 PM »

He only picks up NC but he gets over 50% in AZ/GA/WI , wins MI by more than 5 points and PA by close to 4 . He also comes within 5 in Ohio/Iowa/Texas
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 11:03:07 PM »

He only picks up NC but he gets over 50% in AZ/GA/WI , wins MI by more than 5 points and PA by close to 4 . He also comes within 5 in Ohio/Iowa/Texas
Seems about right. I assume Cal “Historically Sexy” Cunningham ends up being pulled over the finish line by Joe Biden’s win as well, which makes the Democrats have a little bit of an easier time with legislation in 2021 and 2022. The Democrats also likely hold onto about 5 of the House seats they lost IRL as well.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 11:20:16 AM »

I don't think the peaceful protests hurt Biden and the Democrats very much but the riots in cities like Kenosha hurt him significantly which is why Kenosha County saw a swing towards Trump.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 12:38:11 AM »

Honestly #hottake but I don't see much changing except maybe in Kenosha. This was the sort of thing that energized both bases.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 03:15:05 AM »

My #hottake, but the riots are what pulled Biden over the finish line in Georgia. Without them, he doesn't win Georgia. Everything else is more or less the same, and Ossoff and Warnock, probably still win in January runoffs due to depressed Republican turnout.
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 05:10:53 AM »

I think he might win Florida as well in this scenario. Biden was leading there early on but I think the protests might have scared some of the olds who otherwise would have been inclined to vote for him because they disliked Trump’s covid response.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »

That map looks good.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 04:21:20 PM »

I think he might win Florida as well in this scenario. Biden was leading there early on but I think the protests might have scared some of the olds who otherwise would have been inclined to vote for him because they disliked Trump’s covid response.
Ron DeSantis I still think does everything he can to allow Donald Trump to win Florida by a George W. Bush 2000 margin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies