. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .  (Read 2094 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: January 02, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »

I think I've said before that my favorite show is Survivor.  In recent years, there's been a lot of talk from Survivor fans about representation in casting, but that representation has not been extended to evangelical Christians.  I think the last contestant who was open about being an evangelical was Lauren O'Connell on Season 38 (three years ago).  And, the show didn't even really mention her faith, even though it apparently played a major role on the island, according to various contestants in interviews.  Whereas, in the old days of the show, they'd cast a lot more Christians and let their stories be told on the show.  Shan's faith was mentioned in Season 41, but it was a much more theologically progressive form of Christianity.

Now, I must acknowledge that Survivor has gone from a personal social experiment to a strategic game over the years.  But, in recent seasons, the show has gone back to addressing complex social issues and experiences in people's lives.  Having a few theologically and morally conservative evangelical Christians would enrich these conversations and allow viewers like me to see people who we can better relate to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies