India 2022 assembly elections Feb/Mar and Nov/Dec (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:28:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  India 2022 assembly elections Feb/Mar and Nov/Dec (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: India 2022 assembly elections Feb/Mar and Nov/Dec  (Read 28824 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: August 11, 2022, 05:17:32 PM »

So how could the UPA hypothetically form a government? How many seats would it (and the BJP have) in order for a possibility of a non-Modi/BJP prime minister?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 03:58:25 PM »

As the BJP rule goes on and the South feels like it gets less representation or it isn't heard from by Delhi, I wonder if Dravidian nationalism will become a thing. IIRC, a few months ago, a DMK MP said that the DMK would revive the Tamil independence movement if it doesn't give it more automony. While this was an emptyhanded threat, I wonder if a Dravidian or at least a Tamil independence movement could become a thing.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 10:51:32 AM »

Campaigning in Gujarat Rahul Gandhi promises $5K for the families of anyone that died of COVID-19 and free electricity for farmers as well as free electricity for 300 units of electricity for non-farmers if INC comes to power.  Look for the BJP to match this in some way.

The main problem here is Rahul Gandhi is writing political checks when he has no formal leadership role in INC.  If he is going to run around doing this he should get run for INC Prez and let the 2022 and 2023 assembly elections results be the make or break on whether the Gandhi clan should continue to lead INC.
Well isn't he still the main face of the Congress and the person who people associate with the Congress brand? Like if you asked some random person who the leaders of the Congress were, then they'd reply Rahul and Sonia Gandhi.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 06:29:31 AM »

https://indianexpress.com/article/political-pulse/pawan-kalyan-jagan-mohan-reddy-ysrcp-andhra-pradesh-8215109/

"Another star rising? Jagan govt crackdown on a Pawan Kalyan protest could be a trailer"

After talks of a revival of the TDP-BJP alliance in AP, it seems BJP decided to ally with JSP to form a third front against YSRCP and TDP.    JSP backed TDP-BJP in 2014 but has since gone off on its own and led an alliance with BSP and Left parties in 2019.  It has since moved toward the BJP and there were talks of a grand alliance of TDP BJP and JSP.  But it seems it will be BJP-JSP as the third front in AP.
Didn’t Kalyan form the JSP because his brother merged his party with the Congress a decade ago? I can’t see the JSP-BJP alliance getting any seats because Gabbar Singh was made like a decade ago.

If Mahesh Babu got into politics, I could see the party he joins winning a majority but he seems to be pretty apolitical for obvious reasons.

Well either way, I expect Jagan’s Congress to win for the foreseeable future.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 05:09:41 PM »

Given the history of anti-incumbency in AP, I am not sure YSRCP will win in 2024.  I view it as tossup between YSRCP and TDP at this stage.
Well when I was in AP this summer, I saw Jagan's face and the YSRCP banner everywhere. Government trucks, ambulances, shops, and I even saw a Jagan sign with Krishna near a temple which I found to be funny since his family is Christian while I saw barely anything for the TDP and my grandparents are a block away from their local area party office/headquarters. Perhaps this is because AP is still pretty far away from election time and Jagan is the one in power so his face can be everywhere but it feels like they are more energized.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 03:40:36 PM »

Rahul Gandhi claims that there is no chance of an alliance between the Congress and the TRS and he claimed for some reason that the Congress will win in Gujarat.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 03:03:18 PM »

So what are the “other” parties that could get seats in HP/Gujarat? 
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 07:18:59 AM »

When will the results start to come out?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 12:29:35 AM »

Holy s***

Times of India has HP as

BJP 34
INC 31
Ind 3

though
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 06:31:56 AM »

Also, Isudan Gadhvi (the AAP candidate for CM) lost the seat he was running for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies