Counties you have been to in 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:07:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Counties you have been to in 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Counties you have been to in 2022  (Read 10403 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2022, 02:53:11 PM »

So far this year I've been to the following counties in Georgia:

Forsyth
Cherokee
Fulton
Dawson
Lumpkin
Hall
Jackson
Clarke

The final list turned out to be quite small:

Forsyth
Cherokee
Fulton
Dawson
Lumpkin
Hall
Jackson
Clarke
Cobb
DeKalb
Gwinnett
Walton
Oconee

I did not leave the state for the entire year, which I think is only the second time (the other being 2020) that's been true since I was a small kid.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2022, 03:47:39 PM »

My range of motion was truncated as well, largely being limited to the tri-state Hudson River Valley, with forays into the wilds of the other 4 boroughs, including a visit to a kook heavy Pub club in Queens for map chat of all things (God, Queens really is mostly a dump, with its specialty being ugly architecture, be it old or new), and per a bad tip, a visit to the tourist trap and overpriced bad food haven of City Island) and one jaunt all the way out to the Hamptons (yawn, I am not impressed), forays into the Berkshires for treks and to a dispensary, and a quick visit to the Jersey shore as far south as Asbury Park and back north (it all sucked with the glorious exception of Sandy Hook National Park, with the beaches largely closed off to the masses, and all dog hating). I am told the only place that does not suck on the shore is Cape May, but that entails a major jaunt, which perhaps should be combined with a visit to the Delaware shore to ascertain if it also sucks.

Oh, plus a round trip visit Bath, NY (what a sorry excuse for a county seat it is) where I put on a suit jacket for the first time in ages, and one trip to Cleveland and back to say hi to the heart doctors (one of them has turned into quite the chub and I advised him to lose weight and recommended hot tea with honey), and a bike ride in Cuyahoga National Park along the river, which at the time was not in flames (Dan and I took turns either walking Roby or riding the bike), with a pit stop diversion to Pittsburgh to say hi to Grumps and a fellow map junkie, both of whom were most gracious and convivial. We love Pittsburgh and its hilly funkiness.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2023, 02:11:19 AM »

I was fortunate to have travelled a lot last year Smiley In italics are municipalities in foreign countries where I spent at least a few hours or stayed overnight, rather than just driving through or stopping for a short while.

Slovakia (districts)
Bratislava I–V, Trnava, Galanta, Šaľa, Senec, Nové Zámky, Levica, Veľký Krtíš, Nitra, Hlohovec, Dunajská Streda

Austria (states)
Lower Austria Schwechat
Carinthia Velden am Wörthersee
Styria
Burgenland

Portugal (districts)
Lisbon Lisbon, Sintra, Amadora, Algés, Oeiras, Moscavide
Porto Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia
Leiria Nazaré, Óbidos, Alcobaça, Batalha
Santarém Fátima
Coimbra
Aveiro

Italy (provinces)
Trapani Trapani, Erice, Castellamare del Golfo, Mazara del Vallo, Castelveltrano
Palermo Cinisi, Corleone
Agrigento Agrigento, Sciacca, Realmonte

Slovenia (regions)
Central Slovenia Ljubljana
Upper Carniola Bled, Škofja Loka
Drava
Savinja
Central Sava
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2023, 06:52:12 AM »

Hardly the most exciting year I could've mapped, as the furthest away place I visited this year is only 175km (110miles) away from home, but that was mostly due to taking the last year's summer holidays in December 2021 and me being pretty busy with college
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies