LGC 5.3 - Lincoln Dreadnought Literature Recognition Act - STATUTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:00:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 5.3 - Lincoln Dreadnought Literature Recognition Act - STATUTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 5.3 - Lincoln Dreadnought Literature Recognition Act - STATUTE  (Read 614 times)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2021, 02:13:29 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2022, 09:56:17 PM by Utah Neolib »

To bring iconic Frémont literature to the East

Be it enacted by the General Court of Lincoln assembled,[/center]
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Lincoln Dreadnought Literature Recognition Act (LDLRA) .

Section 2. Honors

1. The works Dreadnought and Sovereign are to be preserved by the regional government for safekeeping and to pass on to future generations.
2. April Daniels is recognized by the region as a significant cultural contributor to the region of Lincoln.

Section 3. Dreadnought in English Class

1. English I students in Lincoln shall read Dreadnought as part of their curriculum.
2. English II students in Lincoln shall read Sovereign as part of their curriculum.
3. Until the release of the as of yet untitled and unreleased sequel to Sovereign colloquially known as Dreadnought 3, English III/IV students (the classes shall be held back-to-back with the same teacher and students in the same year until the release of Dreadnought 3) in Lincoln, alongside their non-Dreadnought curriculum, shall spend the first half of their curriculum (English III) writing short stories (at least seven pages long, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman) that represent what they think might happen in Dreadnought 3, taking advice from what Ms. Daniels has confirmed from the book if they need it. Peer review of these short stories shall be part of the second half of the curriculum (English IV).
4. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, English IV students in Lincoln shall read it as part of their curriculum.

Section 4. Enforcement

1. Section 2 shall take effect immediately upon the bill becoming law.
2. Section 3, Provisions 1 through 3 shall take effect with the 2022-23 school year.
3. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, Section 3, Provision 3 shall be repealed effective immediately and replaced with Section 3, Provision 4.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sponsor: Utah Neolib (Authored by Frémont Citizen Peebs)
Slot 1
Sponsor, please advocate for your bill.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 04:32:05 PM »

Speaking as the author of this bill, like I told the sponsor, if I had had the Nemesis trilogy as part of my English curriculum in high school (although none of them were out when I was in the classes given), I feel that it may have made a very different impact on me--instead of just hyperfixating on the series because of how much I can relate to the eponymous character, maybe I wouldn't have decided to throw my mental health under the bus because I felt bad that someone who wasn't me was being bullied, because if Dreadnought were real, she'd know how to help without doing something so stupid.

Of course, Lincoln doesn't have quite the same ties to Dreadnought as Frémont does (indeed, the original name of this Act referred to the ties she has to the region: Her cousins live in Empire City (the in-universe equivalent of New York), and they're all boys), but the established books of the Nemesis trilogy are quite good, and future generations should be able to experience them.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »

This bill has my full support.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix