Conservatives, who would you support in the Arizona Senate primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Conservatives, who would you support in the Arizona Senate primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Conservatives, who would you support in the Arizona Senate primary?
Blake Masters

Mark Brnovich

Jim Lamon

Mick McGuire

Justin Olson

Not a conservative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Conservatives, who would you support in the Arizona Senate primary?  (Read 398 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2022, 01:46:20 PM »

I personally support Masters
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 02:20:44 PM »

I feel like they're all great -- any of the top four (of Masters, Lamon, Brnovich, or McGuire) would make an excellent candidate. I wish we could redistribute the AZ-Sen candidates to other states; they're somehow all better than anyone who ran in Ohio or Oklahoma. Even Olson is really just colorless as opposed to particularly bad in some way.

On an RCV ballot, I would first-preference McGuire. I think this is shaping up to be a race between Masters and Lamon, and of the two of them I think I'd support Lamon, merely because people I dislike within the party tend to support Masters, but Masters himself honestly seems fine and he would be in no danger of losing my general-election vote.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 02:44:09 PM »

I feel like they're all great -- any of the top four (of Masters, Lamon, Brnovich, or McGuire) would make an excellent candidate. I wish we could redistribute the AZ-Sen candidates to other states; they're somehow all better than anyone who ran in Ohio or Oklahoma. Even Olson is really just colorless as opposed to particularly bad in some way.

On an RCV ballot, I would first-preference McGuire. I think this is shaping up to be a race between Masters and Lamon, and of the two of them I think I'd support Lamon, merely because people I dislike within the party tend to support Masters, but Masters himself honestly seems fine and he would be in no danger of losing my general-election vote.

How is someone who said "privatize social security" a good candidate. You may agree with this position but that doesn't make it a good thing to say on a campaign trail
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 02:55:16 PM »

How is someone who said "privatize social security" a good candidate. You may agree with this position but that doesn't make it a good thing to say on a campaign trail

I think he is a good candidate in the sense that he has some experiences and ideas (regarding futuristic technologies, for instance) that I think would be valuable in the Senate, not necessarily that he's super electable. This is similar to my rationale for supporting Mehmet Oz. (Incidentally, it's also true of my rationale for liking Jim Lamon: I think a solar-power magnate would be a very valuable voice to have in the Senate!)

I agree that Blake Masters doesn't necessarily seem like the strongest possible candidate from an electoral sense, and this is maybe part of why my own hypothetical vote is probably for Lamon. Social Security should be privatized, of course, but it's off-message for 2022 and could be better sold by an older politician with a more deprived background (thinking of Virginia Foxx here), as opposed to a young rich VC guy.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 03:06:17 PM »

Blake Masters, he is a really interesting dude and knows the issues inside and out. As a senator he would bring a new perspective to the GOP side rather than the status quo of people like McConnell and Graham.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 05:14:53 PM »

So it's his views on social security that's the issue and not things like, you know, promoting the great replacement theory or calling 1/6 a "false flag operation"?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 05:18:07 PM »

So it's his views on social security that's the issue and not things like, you know, promoting the great replacement theory or calling 1/6 a "false flag operation"?

His social security comments will be easier for the dems to use in attacks ads is what I am saying
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 06:42:59 PM »

Brnovich
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 08:46:28 PM »

Masters. Foreign policy realist, and has put thought into questions about the impact of technology on culture, which I believe we need more of in politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies