2024 - A Blank Canvas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 - A Blank Canvas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 - A Blank Canvas  (Read 28980 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 03, 2022, 04:42:03 AM »

Looks like we're heading for a DeSantis beats Harris 2024 scenario.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 06:12:42 AM »

Harris really should beg Michelle Obama to be her running mate. It might be the only way she wins in November.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 12:38:14 AM »

I imagine that unless McConnell loses the Senate majority, the filibuster would be the first thing to go in a Republican Administration after 2024.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 06:44:26 AM »

Here's my prediction:

Given this an R nut TL, I'd honestly expect Harris to win the states already called for her (though maybe I would have flipped Maryland and Rhode Island), and California and Hawaii (and California could go Republican too), plus D.C.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 08:27:09 PM »

I'm thinking DeSantis wins all of the other uncalled states (except for Hawaii).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 09:01:27 PM »

By my calculations that puts him at 420 electoral votes, nearly as much as the 426 that G.H.W. Bush won in 1988. We'll see If Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon and Washington State all break voting habits that has lasted over a quarter of a century! Plausible. I bet Kamala Harris is in a bad place right now. Democrats are likely going to into an extender period of soul searching and will need to exorcise their 'woke' addiction and send their progressives to the showers. Someone like Andy Beshear is someone they should seriously consider looking at.

Doesn't matter. The GOP Congress and majorities in state legislatures are going to abolish democracy and declare DeSantis President for life.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 09:53:30 PM »

By my calculations that puts him at 420 electoral votes, nearly as much as the 426 that G.H.W. Bush won in 1988. We'll see If Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon and Washington State all break voting habits that has lasted over a quarter of a century! Plausible. I bet Kamala Harris is in a bad place right now. Democrats are likely going to into an extender period of soul searching and will need to exorcise their 'woke' addiction and send their progressives to the showers. Someone like Andy Beshear is someone they should seriously consider looking at.
I wonder if Washington State does Ticket Splitting with Harris winning the States 12 Electoral Votes and Cathy McMorris-Rogers takes the Senate Seat. She is a very strong Recruit.

Again, I think since this an R nut timeline, DeSantis is going to sweep everything remaining.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 10:22:36 PM »

I wonder if Washington State does Ticket Splitting with Harris winning the States 12 Electoral Votes and Cathy McMorris-Rogers takes the Senate Seat. She is a very strong Recruit.

Again, I think since this an R nut timeline, DeSantis is going to sweep everything remaining.
How many D nut TL's did you wrote? You have no right to critizize this TL considering how many Woke TL's you wrote.

At what point did I say this was a criticism?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 07:25:52 PM »

I have to admit that I am very surprised that Ronna McDaniel is apparently stepping down. Why? This big Victory in 2024 is also her & the RNC Victory who have done a marvellous job with their GOTV Efforts in 2018 (saved the Senate), 2020, 2022 and 2024.

I hope there is a good Replacement in waiting. Maybe FL GOP State Party Chairman Joe Gruters?

It makes sense that Ronna McDaniel would step down now. Allowing DeSantis to select his own  person as RNC chair would help heading into the midterms. Presumably he'd pick a Trump loyalist to unite the Party ahead of the midterms, as there are still plenty of Trump loyalists out there who probably only voted DeSantis because they were never voting for a Democrat. (Pomepo perhaps?).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 08:23:14 PM »

Maybe Pam Biondi or Matt Gaetz for RNC chairman, both can be described as Trump loyalists; have their own respective strengths. Biondi would be a better option, she is not only a former state official (Attorney General of Florida). Matt Gaetz probably might be too radioactive and a tad controversial.

Gaetz would definitely be radioactive for anything other than reelection(or maybe the Senate seat if Rubio is appointed to the Cabinet and he decides to run against whoever is appointed). Biondi would probably be more interested and would be a better fit for the Attorney General's position quite frankly.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 08:55:59 PM »

Pam Biondi would be too political for Attorney General, I'd imagine that DeSantis goes for someone who worked directly under DeSantis as General counsel, during his Governorship, Ryan Newman for example. He would be regarded as a tad less political. Newman loyalty to DeSantis is sufficient enough and is only surpassed to his dedication to the law.

Yes, because recent adminstrations of both parties haven't had complete political hacks as Attorney General (Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr, Janet Reno, John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzales) before.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 04:47:18 PM »

I feel like Mastriano is just going to declare McCormick the winner in the Pennsylvania Senate race anyways.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 12:54:43 PM »

I'm mildly surprised DeSantis is even bothering with an Ambassador to Cuba. I would think severing relations with Cuba would be something he does on day one, as that's in the standard Republican platform.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 11:15:15 PM »

Honestly, Ted Cruz for Attorney General is one of the more rational, reasonable picks DeSantis could possibly make. I was expecting someone like Pam Biondi or Ken Paxton, honestly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies