2024 - A Blank Canvas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:57:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 - A Blank Canvas (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: 2024 - A Blank Canvas  (Read 29520 times)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »

I expect DeSantis to name his WH SoS some time today at the earliest or on Thursday at the latest.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2022, 03:49:18 PM »

Why not Brad Herold for WHcos? He was once Executive Director of the Florida Republican Party, before he became manager of DeSantis's first gubernatorial campaign; he has a long history with DeSantis. He was manager of DeSantis's shortlived U.S. Senate campaign in 2016, while Marco Rubio was running for the Republican presidential nomination. He has been President of Parabellum Strategies since 2016.
Possible but I still think that either Byron Donalds, Brian Mast or his direct Successor in Congress Mike Waltz will be his WH CoS.
Donalds of course would sent a message to the Country like hey, I will be President for all Americans. A Minority CoS hasn't happened too often in this Country.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2022, 04:44:49 PM »

Absolutely it will interesting who gets what.

My guess is that Senator Marco Rubio gets Secretary of State and Dina Powell might get the UN-Gig.

As for SecDef I thought Tom Cotton was the Frontrunner for that Cabinet Post. Maybe he isn't any longer who knows.

I thought Senator Tim Scott would be a good choice for Veterans Affairs but DeSantis could surprise us all and pick someone like Gabbard.

I also think DeSantis will resign his Governor Seat very soon, in the next two to three weeks. GWB did resign his Governor Seat in December 2000 I think when he was Governor of Texas and won the Presidency.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2022, 05:20:59 PM »

Okay I'm going to park the speculation about who's in and who's out! The thing is I for one lost count of how many seats both party's have in the House of Representatives; the Senate we all pretty much the seat distribution. But the House is a bit more trickier. Would be interesting to know how many popular votes DeSantis, Harris and Yan garnered.
I agree with you. I also would like to see how the General Election Turnout was. Probably a little bit lower compared to 2020 since this wasn't a Pandemic Election but still resonably high given that we had two Women on the Tickets + Andrew Yang.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2022, 11:49:39 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2022, 11:55:27 AM by 2016 »

2024 Presidential Election Popular Vote (provided by SaintStan86)

Ron DeSantis/Nikki Haley (Republican) 76M+ Votes = 53 %
Kamala Harris/Gary Peters (Democrat) 57M+ Votes = 40 %
Andrew Yang/Adam Kinzinger (Forward) 9M+ Votes = 6 %
Others 1 %

Last time a Presidential Nominee won 53 % of the Vote was then Senator Barack Obama in 2008.

Total Turnout as of 7am ET Wednesday November 6th 2024: 147M+ Votes.

I think when all is said and done it will exceed 150M+ Turnout. That's lower than the 2020 Pandemic Election which had 158M+ Votes BUT not too much lower. I think the reason for this as I outlined previously is that there were two Women on each side of the Presidential Ticket as well as Andrew Yang.

Pennsylvania Senate is still not called. Probably means McCormick has gotten this close enough it might trigger an Automatic Recount in the State.

As for the Washington State Senate Race between DelBene and McMorris-Rogers I think that will close up as more Vote that was dropped off on ED gets tallied. Will it be enough for the Republican to overtake the Democrat? No one knows!

Having 46 % of the Vote in the 1st Round it looks like Palin will win Re-Election.

263 Seats in the House means Republicans are very close to a 2/3 threshold and could actually check their own President. There are pretty close to overriding a Presidential Veto if they want to which I doubt.

Great Appointments by President-elect DeSantis in selecting Byron Donalds, Kayleigh McEnany & Christina Pushaw. I called that so a little tap on my back Wink Great Job SaintStan86 Smiley
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »

2024 Presidential Election Popular Vote (provided by SaintStan86)

Ron DeSantis/Nikki Haley (Republican) 76M+ Votes = 53 %
Kamala Harris/Gary Peters (Democrat) 57M+ Votes = 40 %
Andrew Yang/Adam Kinzinger (Forward) 9M+ Votes = 6 %
Others 1 %

Last time a Presidential Nominee won 53 % of the Vote was then Senator Barack Obama in 2008.

Total Turnout as of 7am ET Wednesday November 6th 2024: 147M+ Votes.

I think when all is said and done it will exceed 150M+ Turnout. That's lower than the 2020 Pandemic Election which had 158M+ Votes BUT not too much lower. I think the reason for this as I outlined previously is that there were two Women on each side of the Presidential Ticket as well as Andrew Yang.

Pennsylvania Senate is still not called. Probably means McCormick has gotten this close enough it might trigger an Automatic Recount in the State.

As for the Washington State Senate Race between DelBene and McMorris-Rogers I think that will close up as more Vote that was dropped off on ED gets tallied. Will it be enough for the Republican to overtake the Democrat? No one knows!

Having 46 % of the Vote in the 1st Round it looks like Palin will win Re-Election.

263 Seats in the House means Republicans are very close to a 2/3 threshold and could actually check their own President. There are pretty close to overriding a Presidential Veto if they want to which I doubt.

Great Appointments by President-elect DeSantis in selecting Byron Donalds, Kayleigh McEnany & Christina Pushaw. I called that so a little tap on my back Wink Great Job SaintStan86 Smiley
Very true, but I also predicted it would come to that as well, though these three initial picks are to no great surprise. The bulk of the Cabinet may be a surprise to some circles.

And - there's much more vote to count, not just on the West Coast. What was counted already is about 85-90 percent of the vote nationally, but even so the results are looking fairly consistent across states. Yes, a good chunk of the absentee ballots tend to be blue-hued, but the DeSantis camp, with their 50-state strategy, have also sensed "Hey, why not try to take a page from the Democrats and use it to our advantage with military voters and seniors?"

As such, there will have been some aggressive efforts to reach the latter demo, which will have swung towards the GOP due to COVID no longer being a serious concern and many seniors being concerned about their children and grandchildren's futures, worried about losing their retirement savings if not their retirement living spaces (Del Webb, anyone?), being forced to choose between not just food and medicine but perhaps even medicine and unmentionables, etc. - When it gets so bad that when adult diapers become a luxury to those who need them, you really know sheet has hit the fan...
Thanks for this TL SaintStan86. I'd love see some things happening in this TL happen in real life. Unfortunately it probably won't Sad
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »

I have to admit that I am very surprised that Ronna McDaniel is apparently stepping down. Why? This big Victory in 2024 is also her & the RNC Victory who have done a marvellous job with their GOTV Efforts in 2018 (saved the Senate), 2020, 2022 and 2024.

I hope there is a good Replacement in waiting. Maybe FL GOP State Party Chairman Joe Gruters?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2022, 09:37:43 AM »

@President Stanton,
The National Security Team which consists of Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Department of Homeland Security, National Security Advisor, Ambassador to the United Nations, Department of National Intelligence, CIA Director & FBI Director will almost certainly be named first. Given President-elect DeSantis is all new to this he will probably heavily rely on Andy Cards Recommodations. If you look at China consistently making threats to the Country and all these sort of things you need some proven people to counter that and not some nobodys and that's why Card comes in handy there.

As far as Mick Mulvaney is concerned and possibly Card himself I would not be surprised if both of them get named as White House Counsel & Deputy Counsel (the Roles Pat Cippolone & Patrick Philbin had under Trump) after the Transition Period at least for the first year of the DeSantis Presidency given that incoming White House CoS Byron Donalds is completely new to this as well.

Mulvaney will be tasked more of putting the Domestic Cabinet together.

And yes, Christopher Wray is almost certainly going to be fired as FBI Director.

At the same time President-elect DeSantis met with President Biden & Casey DeSantis met with Jill Biden I suspect that Vice President elect Haley met with Republican Congressional Leaders such as the 3 Johns (Cornyn, Thune and Barrasso) as well as incoming House Speaker Steve Scalise & Majority Leader Elise Stefanik.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2022, 11:18:47 AM »

Pam Bondi is an incredible divisive figure. There would be even Opposition from Republicans if she is chosen. Now it not the time to pick up fights within your own Party.

Pick someone who can easily sail through the Nomination, maybe even draw some D Support especially if it is Attorney Generals Office.

Both, Trump & Biden badly damaged the DoJ during their Presidencies. President DeSantis needs to restore the trust of the American People in that Department.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2022, 09:12:01 PM »

@SaintStan86,
Ashley Hinson is a good choice to be GOP Conference Chair. Love it Smiley
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2022, 11:16:57 AM »

Wow! Robert O'Brien for SoS! A surprise, but perhaps not! Marco Rubio at the State Department probably was a recipe for disaster, as Rubio wouldn't like playing second fiddle and might be viewed as a threat, whereas O'Brien would understand that "he does serve at the pleasure of the President". Also O'Brien will likely understand his brief. Wasn't surprised that Dina Powell getting NSC advisor position.
Robert O'Brien, Chris Stewart & Dina Powell are solid Picks BUT picking an 2020 Election Denier in Ric Grenell for an UN-Ambassadorship will cause trouble for President DeSantis even with his own Party. Grenell said thousands of Nevadans were dead people voting in the Aftermath of the 2020 Election.

Grenell continues to date to defend Trumps conspiracy Election theories.

Now, Grenell might still get confirmed given the large Republican Majority in the Senate (they now have 65 Seats with that Maine Win) but his Confirmation will be rocky. Ironically Marco Rubio sits at the Foreign Relations Cmte.

Will be interesting who gets Attorney General, Homeland and Defense.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2022, 01:14:20 PM »

To be quite frank I just don't understand President-elect Ron DeSantis:

# 1 You have just been elected with a Record Margin of 420 to 118 Electoral Votes.

# 2 When all is said and done and California & New York (who are usually the Final two States to certify Election Results at the beginning of December) post Final Results you will have rougly 20M Votes more than the Democratic Vice President.

# 3 Voters were eager to turn the Page from Trump and Biden otherwise DeSantis would not cut so massivly into the Suburban Vote.

# 4 Now is not the time to pick a Fight with the Republican-controlled Senate over Cabinet Appointments/Confirmations.

# 5 It is just massivly bizarre that Ric Grenell, a 2020 Election Denier, was picked and neither Christina Pushaw nor incoming WH Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany gave any reasoning for this.

# 6 Smart move would be to withdraw Grenells Name because I don't think his Confirmation will get voted out of the Senate Foreign Relations Cmte.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2022, 05:12:54 PM by 2016 »

President-elect DeSantis Cabinet thus far (pending Confirmations)

Secretary of State: Robert O'Brien
Ambassador to the United Nations: Ric Grenell
Director of National Intelligence: Chris Stewart
CIA Director: TBD (To be determined)
Attorney General: TBD (To be determined)
Department of Homeland Security: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of Commerce: Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin
Secretary of Transportation: Nicole Nason
Administrator of the Small Business Administration: Brad Close
Secretary of the Treasury: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of Education: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of the Interior: TBD (To be determined)
Administrator of Environmental Protection Agency: TBD (To be determined)
NASA Administrator: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of Housing & Urban Development: South Carolina Senator Tim Scott
Secretary of Health & Human Services:

Non-Cabinet Level Appointments

White House Chief of Staff: Byron Donalds
White House Press Secretary: Kayleigh McEnany
White House Communications Director: Christina Pushaw
White House Counsel (Head of WH Legal Team): TBD (To be determined)
Chair Council of Economic Advisors: Steve Moore
National Security Advisor: Dina Powell

When it says DeSantis makes a move for quote "Himself" it probably means he resigns his Governorship paving the way for his Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nunez to take over as Governor of Florida as first Woman and first Cuban-Hispanic.
And if Youngkin gets confirmed his Lt. Governor Winsome Sears will create even more History becoming the first Black Female Republican Governor in the History of the Country.

Given how this is going I wouldn't be surprised if indeed Pam Bondi gets the AG Spot. That move probably would be praised by Conservatives but shredded by Liberals.

One thing though is for sure: Given the extraordinary large Republican-House Majority President DeSantis will likely be secure from any Investigations for the entirety of his Presidency. He basically can do what he wants and no one can ask Questions or issue subpoeanas.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2022, 09:50:08 PM »

Former Texas Governor Rick Perry assumed the Governorship on December 21st 2000 after then Governor George W Bush resigned that same Day to preparing to assume the Presidency in 2001.

So yes, my guess is DeSantis resigns soon and Lt. Governor Nunez will take over.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2022, 04:19:55 PM »

Continueing my Post to complete the Cabinet

Vice President: Former South Carolina Governor & Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki R. Haley

Secretary of Defense: Kenneth Braithwaite
Director of National Intelligence: Utah Congressman Chris Stewart
CIA Director: TBD (To be determined)
FBI Director: Christopher Wray (FOR NOW)
Department of Homeland Security: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of the Treasury: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of Education: TBD (To be determined)
Secretary of Energy: Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Secretary of Agriculture: Former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles
Secretary of the Interior: South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem
Administrator of Environmental Protection Agency: Eric Eikenberg
NASA Administrator: Bill Nelson (Democrat) Holdover from the Biden Administration
Secretary of Health & Human Services: TBD (To be determined)

White House Counsel (Head of WH Legal Team): TBD (To be determined)
Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality: Jon Niermann

We have now a bit more bits and pieces of the DeSantis Cabinet. Braithwaite, Noem, Huntsman & Nelson ain't all that surprising. As far as Ryan Quarles is considered I would have thought DeSantis would have picked someone more coming from a Farmer State like former Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts.
We're still left in a holding pattern when in comes to CIA Director, Homeland, Attorney General as well as Education, Health and Human Sevices & Treasury. I'm inclined now to believe that David McCormick might indeed get the Treasury Gig. Maybe he nominates a couple more Women.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2022, 05:55:12 PM »

@PRESIDENT STANTON,
Interesting Stuff regarding the Maps you mentioned. Looking forward to that.

I wonder if South Carolina Governor McMaster appoints Haley Alum Nancy Mace to the Senate to fill up Tim Scotts Seat assuming he gets confirmed as HUD Secretary.

The thing is this: Schumer can't do anything regarding the Nominations. If Cornyn wants it he doesn't even have to hold votes I believe. Schumer can't force Votes for the Nominations given he has only 35 Seats (Votes).

If the Hearings for Grenell get too heated and Democrats playing Games then Cornyn can confirm via Voice Vote I think.

Democrats are totally powerless. It will be interesting to see what the Final House Margin is minus Byron Donalds who already said that he won't take his Seat.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2022, 01:25:05 PM »

Although we are in Full Transition Mode here there is still a lot to dissect when it comes to the 2024 Election:

# 1 What are the Final Popular Vote Totals (with CA & NY about to certify those should be sort of Final)

# 2 Final Exit Polls:

Gender 2020
Men: Trump 53 % / Biden 45 %
Women: Biden 57 % / Trump 42 %

Gender 2024
Men: DeSantis ... / Harris ... / Yang ...
Women: Harris ... / DeSantis ... / Yang ...

Race 2020
White: 67 %
Black: 13 %
Hispanic/Latino: 13 %
Asian: 4 %
Other 4 %

Race 2024
White: ...
Black: ...
Hispanic/Latino: ...
Asian: ...
Others: ...

Note: The White Vote is declining. It went from 74 % in 2008 to 72 % in 2012 to 70 % in 2016 to 67 % in 2020. What was it in 2024?

Having said all that DeSantis got 14 % of the Black Vote against Gillum in 2018 and 44 % of the Hispanic Vote. Did that translate Nationally in 2024? My guess it did otherwise we would not have a 420-118 Electoral College Map.

Education/College Educated White Women 2020/2024
The White educated Women is a Swing Group. Went for Obama in 2008, Romney in 2012. Hillary Clinton won it barely 48-45 and Biden romped Trump 54-45 among that Group in 2020. Did that Group swing back to Republicans and by how much did DeSantis win it?

Suburban Vote 2020/2024.
Biden won it 50/48. Trump won it 49/45 in 2016. My guess DeSantis won it in 2024 but by how much? Haley probably made some difference here on the Ticket.

African American Voters 2020/2024
Trump got 8 % in 2016, 12 % in 2020. How much did DeSantis get?

Hispanic Latino Voters 2020/2024
Trump got 27 % in 2016 and 32 % in 2020. How much did DeSantis get? My guess he made sizable inroads here given the Map. Question is: Did he get more than the 44 % George W. Bush got in 2004?

# 3 Speaking of George W. Bush I am surprised that he hasn't commented on the Election.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2022, 06:18:39 PM by 2016 »

POPULAR VOTE 2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION (as provided by @SaintStan86)

Ronald Dion "Ron" DeSanstis/Nikki R. Haley (Republican) 87,400,000 = 51,2 %
Kamala D. Harris/Gary C. Peters (Democrat) 68,200,000 = 40.3 %
Andrew Yang/Adam D. Kinzinger (Forward Party) 10,800,000 = 6.4 %
Mike Lindell/Jenna Ellis (Constitution Party) 1,318,000 = 0,77 %
Dave Smith/Mike ter Maat (Libertarian Party) 897,000 = 0,51 %
Norman Solomon/Katie Roedersheimer (Green Party) 598,000 = 0,29 %

TOTAL VOTES CAST: 169,113,000 Votes

So, despite the 2024 Election being a NON-Pandemic one it shattered all previous Records. Approximately 10 Million more Votes were cast in 2024 compared to 2020.

With Florida Republican State Party Chairman Joe Gruters taking a Job in the White House West Wing his obvious Replacement would be Christian Ziegler, who is currently the Vice Chair in FL (his Wife Bridget Ziegler serves on the Sarasota School Board). However many Republicans in the Sunshine State attributing the Parties Success, particularly when they faced a Voter Registration Deficit in 2018 & 2020 to Zieglers Data Mining Turnout Operation so I would not be surprised if he gets Encouragement to run for RNC Chair.

As for the Treasury Department it was the worst kept secret that David McCormick would be picked.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »

@PRESIDENT STANTON,
Given President-elect DeSantis Margin in the Suburbs of the Country (52-40 Nationally) + the 48-45 Plurality Win among Hispanics he MUST have flipped some very big suburban Counties. I am digging to some Data on my own here and it doesn't look very pretty for Vice President Harris and the Democrats.

ARIZONA
DeSantis has definitly flipped Maricopa County (Phoenix) back to the GOP Column. Shockingly though he has likely also flipped Apache & Coconino Counties. These are predominantly Democratic Counties in the State. He may have also flipped Santa Cruz County and the only County Harris carried in Arizona is Pima (Tucson) but by the narrowest of margin, less than 20,000 is my guess which is unheard of in AZ Politics.

NEVADA
DeSantis has probably carried every County in the State except for Clark County where there is probably a tie between DeSantis and Harris.

COLORADO
DeSantis has definitly flipped Adams, Araphaoe, Larimer and Jefferson Counties. The only two Counties Harris has carried are Denver & Boulder Counties but by very narrow, reduced margins.

NEW MEXICO
DeSantis has carried every Country except Santa Fe and Dona Ana. He may have even flipped Bernalillo County (Albuquerque) from Blue to Red given the Cities Suburbs.

That's just 4 States with high Hispanic Population.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2022, 03:54:22 PM »

Based on the results seen so far, this is what the map pretty much looks like with the kind of result that has happened:

And for those who may be wondering "This would never happen!", it shall be noted that such socioeconomically divergent counties as Fairfield County, Connecticut, Monongalia County, West Virginia, Marshall County, Mississippi, Snohomish County, Washington, Worcester County, Massachusetts, Gwinnett County, Georgia, and Mahoning County, Ohio - along with San Diego County, California, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, Jefferson County/Louisville, Kentucky, Hidalgo County, Texas, York County, Maine, Clark County, Nevada, and Loudoun County, Virginia - all gave pluralities to DeSantis in the range of 45-50 percent that highlight just how much of a spoiler Andrew Yang proved to be in this race, as well as the end product of what an amalgamation of Trump-style numbers in rural and working-class areas, a Glenn Youngkin-style suburban shift in all 50 states, and unprecedented support among Hispanic and Black voters for a Republican presidential candidate can produce for the GOP. When the aforementioned Jefferson County/Louisville as well as Fayette County (home to Lexington) are giving pluralities to DeSantis who wins every other county in Kentucky, it's hard to imagine how Democrats cannot plot their future without some attempt to a) reach out to the voters the Democrats bled away over the past two decades; b) how the triangulation of yore has worn thin over time; and c) at least having enough decency to reach out to Andrew Yang if not at least his supporters.

In other words, Democrats have plenty of explaining to do as to what direction they will need to take going forward. With that in mind, I'm going to go on a limb and say that if Jaime Harrison does not return as DNC Chairman, Tim Ryan - who at one time considered challenging Nancy Pelosi for control of the Democratic caucus - could be a likely pick to head the Democrats in the DeSantis era, sensing that the party has "lost its way" with the working class, and it's fair to say that if Donald Trump had the sort of demeanor that DeSantis has thus far shown as Governor of Florida (a "strategic bulldog" playing chess and not moaning like a toddler who doesn't get his way), he most likely would not have suffered a good chunk of the suburban slump that Trump got in 2016 and 2020, and the whole discussion about 2020 - coronavirus notwithstanding - would have focused on how badly the Democrats have fallen in the post-Obama era.

Awesome Work @SaintStan86! Surprised DeSantis did not win Prince Wiliam County in VA.
I doubt a guy like Tim Ryan who lost a Senate Seat in 2022 would be the solution to bring back the WWC for Democrats. I would probably select a Hispanic as DNC Chairman trying to win back some of those Voters.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2022, 04:39:39 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2022, 05:53:22 PM by 2016 »

Updated Post to reflect President-elect DeSantis recent Announcements

Vice President: Former South Carolina Governor & Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki R. Haley

Secretary of Defense: Kenneth Braithwaite
Director of National Intelligence: Utah Congressman Chris Stewart
Department of Homeland Security: Florida Congressman Carlos Gimenez
U. S. Trade Representative: C. J. Mahoney
Director Office Management & Budget: Pete Peterson
Director of the Office of Science and Tech Policy: Drew Baglino
Secretary of the Treasury: David McCormick
Secretary of Education: Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse
Secretary of Energy: Former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Secretary of Agriculture: Former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles
Secretary of the Interior: South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem
Secretary of Labor: Blake Masters
Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Florida Congressman Brian Mast
Administrator of Environmental Protection Agency: Eric Eikenberg
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Former HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson

White House Counsel: Chris Sprowls
Senior Advisor to the President: Brad Herold
Counselor to the President: Joe Gruters
Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality: Jon Niermann
NASA Administrator: Bill Nelson (Democrat) Holdover from the Biden Administration
CIA Director: Texas Congressman John Ratcliffe
FBI Director: TBD (To be determined)
Director of National Drug Control Policy: Kash Patel
Homeland Security Advisor: Ken Cuccinelli

The only 2 Appointments President DeSantis has left to make are for Attorney General & FBI Director.
There will be 5 or 6 House Special Elections in 2025 (3 of them will be in Florida at least) and my guess is that incoming Florida Governor Jeanette Nunez will schedule them all on the same Day.
Nebraska Governor Jim Pillen has indicated that he will select a Replacement for Senator Ben Sasse upon confirmation of Sasse to the Department of Education with speculation surrounding former Governors Pete Ricketts & Mike Johanns. Ricketts is a close ally of DeSantis and appeared with him frequently on some of the Laura Ingraham Road Shows during the Year of 2021. Needless to say a Ricketts Appointment would probably be welcomed News for Senate Majority John Cornyn who wouldn't have to worry anymore of a possible defection as Ricketts is waay more conservative than Sasse.
I am curious who will replace South Carolina Tim Scott in the Senate assuming he gets confirmed as HUD Secretary. My money would be on Rep. Nancy Mace. South Carolina hasn't had a Female Senator in a loooong time I believe.

As far as Attorney General is concerned I've actually no idea whom President-elect DeSantis picks: Could be Pam Bondi, Jay Ashcroft (who just lost a Governor Race in Missouri), Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (who would be very controversial indeed) or Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich (although I think they are too old now).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2022, 05:59:39 PM by 2016 »

@SaintStan86,
Thanks for helping me out. I hope I have them all now. Lot's of names to fill in Wink

And one more thing: I am a bit shocked that Alex Wagner hasn't been fired already. But then it is typical for this Sister Network that they can say everything they want and it gets swept under the carpet.

Give credit where there is credit due as Lester Holt, Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell were a little bit more mannered during their Election Night Coverage + their Coverage in general and acted as Adults and not as Children.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2022, 06:03:00 PM »

I thought the Director's of the FBI and CIA require confirmation by the Senate under the "Advise and consent" requirements, but the Chair of the CEA doesn't. Could be wrong! As for that explosive appointment! Attorney General or Homeland Security, I'm thinking Kris Kobach or/and Pam Biondi! If it is, then there will definitely be fireworks, especially from Democrats! Even Trump wouldn't chance Kobach! Another name that comes to mind is Stephen Miller, who was responsible for Trump's immigration policies. There would definitely be explosions from Democrats and the left if this was the case; but if so, what reason? Anyway just idle speculation!
Homeland has already being named. That's Carlos Gimenez. The only two Appointments left for DeSantis to make is Attorney General and FBI Director since Wray has announced his Resignation.

I've thrown in TX Att General Ken Paxton which could be very explosive too.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2022, 04:30:14 PM by 2016 »

@SaintStan86,
I don't think Ron DeSantis/Spencer Cox have the "Legal Authority" to call for Special Elections in FL-21, FL-28 and UT-2. You can only call Special Elections for the House of Representatives when that Member submits a written Resignation Letter to the House Speaker.

So the only Seat DeSantis can call a Special Election for is FL-19 because that Seat is indeed VACANT. The Dates however, since DeSantis has now resigned, would fall under the Jurisdiction/Authority of Florida Governor Jeanette Nuņez.

Different for Texas Governor Gregg Abbott who can call for the Special Election & set the Dates for the TX-5, the vacated Seat to replace John Ratcliffe.

Speaking of the Special Elections I think Republicans have a good chance retaining all 5 (FL-19, FL-21, FL-28, TX-5 and UT-5). As you said only FL-28 is considered to be really in play and Republicans have a very good bench there starting with Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, former Rep. Carlos Curbelo (if he wants to make a Political Comeback) and former Florida Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera who could carpetbag into this District. He lives right on the edge between FL-27 & FL-28. As for the Democrats the only Candidate who could make this Race competitive is former Rep. Debbie Mucarsell-Powell who beat Curbelo in 2018 but lost to Gimenez in 2020. However I see it as doubtful that she runs since she already passed on a Race in 2022 & 2024.

It will be interesting to see whom Nuņez picks as Lt. Governor of Florida, presumable someone whom she will be running as a Ticket in 2026.

When it comes to the Capitol Insurrection on January 6th 2021 I actually agree with Lauren Boebert what she said. The Capitol Riot would have never happened if particularly Battleground States would have had an universal law to Ballot Access and an universal law to allow counting VBM Ballots before Election Day like FL, GA, NC, etc. had but Democratic elected Officials like Katie Hobbs, Jocelyn Benson and Kathy Boockvar kept moving the goalposts. Unfortunately it continued into 2024 as the Casey/McCormick Race took Weeks to settle all because PA could not open VBM Ballots until Polls closed on Election Day/Night. This is unfathomable to continue for the future and with Republicans having now large Majorities in the House & Senate maybe it is time to introduce Universal Election Laws in the entire Country.

Here would be my Suggestions:

• Universal Voter ID Law & Ballot Access for all 50 States.
  • Universal Law for all 50 States that allows them to begin counting VBM Ballots before E-Day
  • Universal Law for all 50 States to verify and count Provisional Ballots
  • Universal Law for all 50 States when it comes to Recounts. For Statewide Offices if it's within 1/2 % an Automatic Machine Recount, if it's within 1/4 % an Automatic Manual Recount. For Congressional District or State Legislature Districts if it's within 1/4 % an Automatic Machine Recount, if it's within 1/10 % an Automatic Manual Recount.

Not sure if this could be attainable but I think DeSantis should at least try. It would probably require a 2/3 Majority in both House to ratify such a proposal. Maybe he can get Moderate Dems like Sinema & Casey to back this.

When it comes to DeSantis Pick for Attorney General, former Texas Senator Ted Cruz, back in 2016 it would be seen as a more rational pick but now given what happened on January 6th 2021 and that he still objected to count the EC Vote in PA & AZ I now expect some fireworks by Democrats.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2022, 06:29:44 PM »

@SaintStan86,
I don't think Ron DeSantis/Spencer Cox have the "Legal Authority" to call for Special Elections in FL-21, FL-28 and UT-2. You can only call Special Elections for the House of Representatives when that Member submits a written Resignation Letter to the House Speaker.

So the only Seat DeSantis can call a Special Election for is FL-19 because that Seat is indeed VACANT. The Dates however, since DeSantis has now resigned, would fall under the Jurisdiction/Authority of Florida Governor Jeanette Nuņez.

Different for Texas Governor Gregg Abbott who can call for the Special Election & set the Dates for the TX-5, the vacated Seat to replace John Ratcliffe.

Speaking of the Special Elections I think Republicans have a good chance retaining all 5 (FL-19, FL-21, FL-28, TX-5 and UT-5). As you said only FL-28 is considered to be really in play and Republicans have a very good bench there starting with Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, former Rep. Carlos Curbelo (if he wants to make a Political Comeback) and former Florida Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera who could carpetbag into this District. He lives right on the edge between FL-27 & FL-28. As for the Democrats the only Candidate who could make this Race competitive is former Rep. Debbie Mucarsell-Powell who beat Curbelo in 2018 but lost to Gimenez in 2020. However I see it as doubtful that she runs since she already passed on a Race in 2022 & 2024.

It will be interesting to see whom Nuņez picks as Lt. Governor of Florida, presumable someone whom she will be running as a Ticket in 2026.

When it comes to the Capitol Insurrection on January 6th 2021 I actually agree with Lauren Boebert what she said. The Capitol Riot would have never happened if particularly Battleground States would have had an universal law to Ballot Access and an universal law to allow counting VBM Ballots before Election Day like FL, GA, NC, etc. had but Democratic elected Officials like Katie Hobbs, Jocelyn Benson and Kathy Boockvar kept moving the goalposts. Unfortunately it continued into 2024 as the Casey/McCormick Race took Weeks to settle all because PA could not open VBM Ballots until Polls closed on Election Day/Night. This is unfathomable to continue for the future and with Republicans having now large Majorities in the House & Senate maybe it is time to introduce Universal Election Laws in the entire Country.

Here would be my Suggestions:

• Universal Voter ID Law & Ballot Access for all 50 States.
  • Universal Law for all 50 States that allows them to begin counting VBM Ballots before E-Day
  • Universal Law for all 50 States to verify and count Provisional Ballots
  • Universal Law for all 50 States when it comes to Recounts. For Statewide Offices if it's within 1/2 % an Automatic Machine Recount, if it's within 1/4 % an Automatic Manual Recount. For Congressional District or State Legislature Districts if it's within 1/4 % an Automatic Machine Recount, if it's within 1/10 % an Automatic Manual Recount.

Not sure if this could be attainable but I think DeSantis should at least try. It would probably require a 2/3 Majority in both House to ratify such a proposal. Maybe he can get Moderate Dems like Sinema & Casey to back this.

When it comes to DeSantis Pick for Attorney General, former Texas Senator Ted Cruz, back in 2016 it would be seen as a more rational pick but now given what happened on January 6th 2021 and that he still objected to count the EC Vote in PA & AZ I now expect some fireworks by Democrats.
@SaintStan86, Congressmen such as Byron Donalds, Carlos Gimenez and Brian Mast would all have to assume their respective seats for the new terms that each of them have been already elected, irrespective of their new appointments and then they can all elect to resign their seats between January 3rd to the 7th if DeSantis wants to name the dates of the special elections, he can, as long as it is before the announced date of his resignation or if they wish, Donalds, Gimenez and Mast can resign their seats, as long as they do before they assume their appointed positions. But keep in mind,  any Senator  (LBJ is an example or Joe Biden is another, both elected to the Vice Presidency, and their Senate seat's, were both sworn into their new Senate terms, before resigning, which triggered special elections), so those are the rules, as I believe them to be.
SaintStan86 said that Mast, Gimenez (FL) and Stewart (UT) have not resigned their Seats. They will remain in their House Seats until they have actually confirmed to their respective Departments.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies