All about Ukraine. Questions and answers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  All about Ukraine. Questions and answers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: All about Ukraine. Questions and answers  (Read 3825 times)
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2022, 08:46:47 PM »

Needless to say, I'd be surprised if the Polish message had been written by a native speaker. Reads like a sloppy translation.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2022, 07:49:17 PM »

I think that what my dear friend ag (I'm sure he still misses me) said on AAD contained a ton of truth. The suggestion that Ukraine is "fascist" or unambiguously "anti-Russian language" or anything like that is inane because Ukraine is so incohesive and so decentralized and so amorphous that lots of phenomena take place at the same time while failing to coalesce or become "dominant". It's a country in which all sorts of ways of life can find a way, and it is because of this that the country is so dysfunctional (and that competing oligarchs can steal the hell out of it), but it's also because of this that there is quite a bit of room for everyone to be able to think what they want to think and do what they want to do as long as they're not being too loud about it, and not a lot of tolerance for people unreasonably impeding other people's will (very few people are interested in actual fascists or communist revisionists). No one's going to care too much whether you speak Ukrainian or Russian. Life's difficult enough as it is.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2022, 06:14:32 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2022, 07:06:16 AM by Meclazine »

Are the Ukrainians still pissed with Germany about the murderfest of WW2?

I watches a documentary on WW2 and there was a group called the Einsatzgruppen who were in the southern Ukraine in 1941.

Most of their activities were so formulated that a lot of Jewish citizens believed their charades right up until being executed.

I have never seen such atrocity.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2022, 06:27:26 AM »

Its a Russian nationalist meme that Ukrainians "supported" the Nazis in WW2.

Some did (out of genuine sympathy in some cases, "my enemy's enemy is my friend" calculations in others) but plenty did not, and quite a few Russians also collaborated in various ways.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2022, 04:22:14 PM »

Andriy what you do make of Ukrainian air power and air forces versus what Russia is bringing to bear?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2022, 06:00:05 PM »

Andriy what you do make of Ukrainian air power and air forces versus what Russia is bringing to bear?

From this article, that is honestly one of the best in English that I read.
https://ig.ft.com/how-serious-is-putin-about-russia-invading-ukraine/

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2022, 06:03:21 PM »

And my question to Andriy is, do you honestly think, that Putin would dare to invade Ukraine with Trump in WH?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2022, 06:06:24 PM »

From this article, that is honestly one of the best in English that I read.
https://ig.ft.com/how-serious-is-putin-about-russia-invading-ukraine/

Thank you very much for linking this article.
It is quite informative.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2022, 10:19:39 AM »

And my question to Andriy is, do you honestly think, that Putin would dare to invade Ukraine with Trump in WH?

I don't think it would depend on who's in the White House anyway. Honestly, I am more than sure that Russia's actions have depended and continue to depend on who is the President of Ukraine. If Zelensky was not the President, but someone else (a professional politician, such as Poroshenko, Tymoshenko or even Boyko), the probability of an attack would be much lower, although for various reasons.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2022, 03:06:15 PM »

Do you truly believe that Zel is a Russian agent?
Whether or not you do think that - what criticisms do you have of him?
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2022, 03:34:32 AM »

I don't think it would depend on who's in the White House anyway. Honestly, I am more than sure that Russia's actions have depended and continue to depend on who is the President of Ukraine. If Zelensky was not the President, but someone else (a professional politician, such as Poroshenko, Tymoshenko or even Boyko), the probability of an attack would be much lower, although for various reasons.
May I know the reason for the territorial claim of your map? It seems you included all Cossack areas. But to my knowledge not all Cossacks are Ukrainians. Cossack is a complex group of people with mixing ethnic and language.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »

Do you truly believe that Zel is a Russian agent?

Probably not now, tbf.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2022, 12:23:58 PM »

Why, and what are some of the various reasons?
Duro
Rookie
Ukraine
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2022, 10:17:33 AM »

The map is incorrect. It should comprise Lithuania, Ukraine stretches from the Black Sea to the Baltic Sea. Слава Україні!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2022, 09:22:52 PM »

I just reread this thread. Andriy's predictions were often scarily accurate, and the talk he provided on Ukrainian culture is informative and beautiful. I hope he his safe and alive right now, I know he said he was going to join the Territorial Defense. Thank you for everything you've told us and stay safe Andriy. Слава Україні!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies