Opinion of Freedom from Religion Foundation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Freedom from Religion Foundation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Freedom from Religion Foundation?
Freedom organization(D)

Horrible organization(D)

Freedom organization(R)

Horrible organization(R)

Freedom organization(I)

Horrible organization(I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Opinion of Freedom from Religion Foundation?  (Read 604 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 23, 2021, 10:41:04 AM »

I think the difference is contextual. 'Discrimination' against Christianity in the US (on the whole) for example is similar to (and often coterminous with) say, racial discrimination against whites. In that it is 'a thing' but it's also not a substantive thing and we should be equally wary of those who push that narrative. What Team USA Christianity generally wants is to be framed as persecuted, while disproportionately protected by the first amendment, in order to freely discriminate against others or to place 'first' in the pantheon of American religion. It shouldn't be better armed at this, or have legislators ears more than any other group. Now of course the context is entirely different with say historically black churches, who haven't had that access, or insular 'white' faith groups like the Amish (though without outsiders acting as 'saviours' for them) or more 'recent' established nationwide faith groups such as Islam.

Indeed FFRF in it's FAQ's states it acts on public complaints and in short, there isn't much coming from other faith based groups, or access related legislation for the public to complain about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies