Alan Keyes Country

(1/2) > >>

RBH:
That's my name for the 10 counties that gave Alan Keyes a majority over Barack Obama.

Iroquois is the northernmost county.

Massac is the southernmost county.

The Heartland of Keyes County is Clark, Clay, Edwards, Effingham, Jasper, Richland, Wabash, and Wayne counties.

Lawrence County (East of Richland, North of Wabash) gave Obama 50.5%

Crawford County (South of Clark, East of Jasper) gave Obama 48.08%

The Heartland of Keyes County gave Bush 69% in the 2004 election.

That percentage stays the same if you add Iroquois and Massac Counties.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that some Democrat carried these counties once. I know that Truman carried Effingham.

Nym90:
Yeah, they've all gone Democratic. See my thread in the U.S Presidential election section about the longest streak of voting for one party from each state. :)

The only Illinois county that has never as far as I know voted Democratic for President is Carroll, up in the northwestern part of the state, and Obama did carry it.

Alcon:
Quote from: Nym90 on October 26, 2006, 12:15:34 AM

Yeah, they've all gone Democratic. See my thread in the U.S Presidential election section about the longest streak of voting for one party from each state. :)

The only Illinois county that has never as far as I know voted Democratic for President is Carroll, up in the northwestern part of the state, and Obama did carry it.

That might not last too much longer, too.

Rob:
Quote from: RBH on October 23, 2006, 11:19:30 AM

Oh yeah, I'm sure that some Democrat carried these counties once. I know that Truman carried Effingham.

The 1998 gubernatorial map is hilarious:

Nine of the Keyes counties voted for the losing Democrat.

Filuwaúrdjan:
Poshard was the Congressman for that area

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page