Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries?  (Read 3392 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2021, 03:03:22 PM »

Yes, Josh Mandel is an extremely likely candidate in the future.
He won't even be the nominee for senate this year.

I'll take that bet. I think he wins the nomination in a landslide.

The polling trends say otherwise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_election_in_Ohio

Maintaining that the “craziest” GOP candidate will always be nominated by the GOP’s “crazy” voters is an absolutely essential component of his fragile superiority complex.  Just let him be. Wink
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 11:31:54 AM »

Eric Greitans is Jewish, and he got elected in Evangelical Missouri of all places.

Lower-profile there's also David Kustoff, the Republican Congressman from West Tennessee. 

I wonder if the largest contiguous area to be represented by Jews in Congress is actually in Tennessee, lol (Steve Cohen, who represents neighboring Memphis, is also Jewish.) 
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2022, 06:22:29 PM »

What type of Jewish candidate? Someone who is open about their faith might lose, but someone ranting against Muslims could win. Far-Right Conservatives have a subconscious racial hierarchy that depends on different factors, and Jews are higher on it than Muslims.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2022, 12:52:06 AM »

Of course. Why not?
sg0508
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2022, 09:04:00 PM »

The GOP Primary? No way.  There's no way the party would let that happen and voters down south and out west wouldn't allow it either.  If you're not connecting with the church attendees at a minimum, you're not winning the GOP Primary.

And, I do below anti-semitism is actually getting worse as the years pass, not better, particularly as economic disparity worsens. 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2022, 12:03:02 PM »

The polling trends say otherwise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_election_in_Ohio

Maintaining that the “craziest” GOP candidate will always be nominated by the GOP’s “crazy” voters is an absolutely essential component of his fragile superiority complex.  Just let him be. Wink

Are you going to be saying the same thing when Blake Masters and Josh Mandel are the GOP nominees?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 10:55:56 AM »

Another way to think about this is whether you would bet your house against a dollar that Ivanka Trump will not be the Republican nominee for President at any point in the next twenty years.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2022, 03:57:43 AM »

Are you going to be saying the same thing when Blake Masters and Josh Mandel are the GOP nominees?

Don Blankenship says hi.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2022, 11:16:45 PM »

If Joe Lieberman was a Republican running in 2008, probably, despite the fact he apparently was pro-choice and pro-gay marriage.

Not sure about today's Republican Party, though.

Not sure about abortion, but Republicans have gotten much more pro gay marriage since then. But also less hawkish, which is a big problem for Lieberman.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2022, 12:07:24 AM »

LOL at those ranting about church connections. Trump won the nomination having been to church like four times in his entire life. I do agree though that a moderate Jew wouldn't win, since lots of people have subconscious anti-Semitic biases. Jewish candidate just has to rally the base around the three Gs (actually the GCT formula, or Guns, CRT, Transgenders formula) and he or Laura Loomer will be fine.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2022, 10:34:26 PM »

He's leading in every poll. Huh
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 12:39:39 AM »

He's leading in every poll. Huh

Badger after being on this forum for so long how could you not know that #TrendsAreInevitable? Obviously a small drop in polling is going to continue until the primary.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2022, 10:54:15 AM »

It's clearly some sort of handicap an a deeply evangelical, QAnon saturated party, but the right Jewish candidate definitely could win
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2022, 11:41:22 AM »

I think Ben Shapiro could survive a national primary, as well as Jared Kushner if he tied himself to Trump.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »

Kushner is the only hypothetical candidate who might be able to pull it off, but Ivanka would have a much easier time as a blonde-haired convert with the last name Trump than any ethnic Jew.

Agree with this, and shocked literally no one else has mentioned Ivanka or Jared (except one poster who mentioned Ivanka). Because when I think of Jewish Republicans for president, Jared Kushner is the first to come to mind (though Ivanka is probably likelier). Guys like Kustoff and Zeldin (only two Jewish Republicans in congress) are long-shots and hypotheticals: Kustoff is just another typical Republican congressman; Zeldin's basically killed his career for a quixotic bid for governor which he isn't winning, red wave or no.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2022, 11:47:06 AM »

Eric Greitans is Jewish, and he got elected in Evangelical Missouri of all places.

Lower-profile there's also David Kustoff, the Republican Congressman from West Tennessee.  

I wonder if the largest contiguous area to be represented by Jews in Congress is actually in Tennessee, lol (Steve Cohen, who represents neighboring Memphis, is also Jewish.)  

Yeah, I wonder this too, and it's pretty impressive considering the former (TN08) is the Bible Belt and the latter (TN09) is a very black district and the representative is white (a white Jew). but pretty possibly no, because while TN08 is pretty large, TN09 is so tiny that TN08+TN09 in area is about the size of one large district...so find the largest district in the country to be represented by a Jew and it probably beats TN08+TN09.

EDIT: So I did a check of all Jews currently in Congress and their CD's, and I'm wrong - most predictably come from small, urban/suburban areas. So I can almost guarantee that TN08+TN09 is the largest block of contiguous land represented by a Jew in congress; in fact, I'm pretty sure TN08 alone is the largest district by area in the entire country represented by a Jew (I could be wrong but it looks like it after I eyeballed the other districts).
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2022, 06:01:57 PM »

Yes lmao voters don't care about whether a candidate is jewish anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies