Flip the 8th - The Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 8th - The Game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flip the 8th - The Game  (Read 2697 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 08, 2021, 12:29:12 PM »

Graphic design is my passion
Campaign Schedule
December 7 to December 19
$300,000 on Hand

December 7: Ahead of announcing her campaign for congress, the candidate takes a leave of absence at the Fey and Co. Law Offices, effective Thursday and scheduled to end June 29, 2022, the day after the Democratic primary.
December 10: An announcement rally (-$6,000) is held in her home town (well, town of residence) of Thornton; the candidate pledges to hold five rallies in the top five municipalities in the district by the end of the year. Her staffers scramble to put together a list of municipalities in Colorado's 8th by population. The candidate's campaign manager tells her, when delivering the list,
December 11: Holds a small fundraiser in Greeley (-$4,500), courting donations from small donors ($50 per ticket, 250 tickets for sale) and angling for a $1,500 profit.
December 12: Rally in Evans (-$6,000)
December 13: Town hall in Sherrelwood (-$1,500)
December 14: Another fundraiser ($50x200), this time in Brighton (-$4,000) and hoping to turn a $1,000 profit.
December 15: Rally in Northglenn (-$6,000)
December 16: Meeting with State Rep. Brianna Titone (D-Jefferson) to discuss a potential endorsement, highlighting their shared support of Bernie Sanders and interest in bringing the local community together.
Note: I'm going to be honest: I have no goddamn clue how to court endorsements, so the honorable State Rep. is going to have to accept that I'm clueless and that I don't want to play the trans card. I also don't really know how to campaign, period, so just pretend that my campaigning is halfway decent, okay?
December 17: A third fundraiser ($50x400), returning to Thornton (-$6,100) in hopes of making a $2,000 profit.
December 18: Rally in Brighton (-$6,000)
December 19: Run newspaper ads in Johnstown (-$700) and Northglenn (-$5200)

Ending my turn with $254,000 on hand. I should probably tone it down a notch so I don't wind up completely broke in February and pray that I can coast through the rest of the primary, but whatever. Press releases will be posted as needed.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 11:36:39 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2021, 10:48:40 AM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

Further Details
December 10 to December 13

December 10: The candidate highlights her support for Medicare for All, inspired by her struggle with leukemia as a child.*
December 11: With her donors, the candidate discussed the Biden administration. While she criticized some aspects of his administration (such as the lack of movement on student debt), she ultimately acknowledged "It's a really tough job, and I think he's doing his best" and praised BBB.
December 12: The candidate is pressed on the subject of COVID-19 mandates. She says she personally opposes mask mandates and supports vaccine mandates ("If you wear 'em, great, if not, fine, as long as you're vaccinated"), but believes that it should not be the role of government to enforce upon private property, nor should businesses enforce vaccine mandates upon the populace (making vaccination a requirement for employment, with exceptions for the immunocompromised, is fine, but the general public should be allowed to visit places without being forced to get vaccinated, although they should wear a mask if they aren't, and she's chosen to continue wearing a mask to signal to the unvaccinated to do the same at least until they get vaccinated). When asked for her position on boosters, she said if she can help it, she'd like to get them once a year, and, in fact, had been boosted last weekend.
December 13: Someone asks the candidate about transgender athletes, because of course they did. She says that while the government should not have a say, that if the government were to have a say, it should be on a case-by-case basis, with one year of HRT being the general rule of thumb.

*Probably should have mentioned that in the profile, forgot about Sarah's leukemia gene, though would it exist in a world without superheroes? Probably not, but my character having had leukemia makes her more interesting, so whatever.

My current schedule of posts:
December 20: December 14 to December 16, further details
December 21: December 17 to December 19, further details
December 22: December 20 to December 22, schedule and further details
The remainder of the turn will be played in real-time, inshallah.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »

Further Details
December 14 to December 22
Starting December 20 ostensibly with $260,300

December 14: Donors heard a moderate position on gun control on the candidate's behalf. While she supports the right to bear arms responsibly ("Some people like guns, and that's okay"), she believes there should be measures in place to ensure gun owners are responsible, including registration and background checks.
December 15: At her rally in Northglenn, she calls for raising the minimum wage to "at least $12," citing the near-$16 an hour minimum wage in Denver (which costs, on average, 29% more than the country at-large), and suggesting a national bill that ties the wage to both local cost of living (so, for instance, in Northglenn, if the national wage was $13.50, the local wage would be $15.84, while in rural West Virginia, it would be about $10) and inflation (if the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007, for instance, had been tied to inflation after it fully went into effect in 2009, the federal minimum wage would be $9.39 in 2021). Someone in the crowd shouts "Jesse, what the  are you talking about?"
December 16: The candidate copes and seethes in her Thornton campaign office after meeting with Rep. Titone in Arvada, because the moderator wasn't impressed with just her schedule or the basic rundown of her meeting with Titone (let alone her pussyfooting around pulling the transgender card), although she understands why.
December 17: At her fundraiser in Thornton, the candidate says she hopes to pass a bill legalizing marijuana federally, and decriminalizing other drugs as well. "Pot's already legal here," she was recorded as saying, "and we haven't descended into anarchy yet. It's time to end the war on drugs entirely, and take a rehabilitative approach with those who have been caught in the crossfire, rather than a punitive one."
December 18: At her rally in Brighton, the candidate is pressed on immigration reform. She says she supports a pathway to citizenship for all non-violent undocumented immigrants, and praised the move of President Biden to end the use of detention centers.
December 19: The newspaper ad highlights the candidate's record as an attorney. In something completely different, the candidate also does the math with regards to this tweet on her campaign's Twitter account. Long story short: While she agrees we should raise the minimum wage, the Dickensian allegory for destitution is actually $3.13 an hour in 2021, not $13.50. She later tweets out a correction: The $3.13 number is for 2020; it's $3.36 in 2021. On her private account, she unleashes a stream of what might be (okay, what certainly is) profanity of notable creativity and enthusiasm with regards to Joe Manchin.
December 20: At her rally in Greeley (-$6,000), the candidate makes a remark about the Republican primary, namely that while Mr. Adams and Mr. Walzinger claim the other is "a RINO", they ultimately will vote the same way if elected to Congress, giving tax cuts to the rich and screwing over the middle class.
December 21: The candidate orders internal polling (-$800) after the success of her fundraiser.
December 22: At a fundraiser ($50x150) held in Greeley (-$3,500), where a $1,000 profit is hoped for, the candidate discusses with donors her annoyance with Joe Manchin (although not quite in the ways she put them on her private Twitter account three days earlier) for sinking BBB, and described the President delaying student debts again until May 2022 as a welcome surprise.

The candidate spends the rest of her turn, ending with $250,000 before her final three fundraisers of the turn, at her Thornton home, celebrating the holiday with her girlfriend and visiting mothers. Press releases will be made as needed.

(Yeah, sorry I turned Carmen from a generic Berniecrat into a Bat Out of Hell Democrat. Also sorry I didn't follow through with my schedule. Hope OBD and VAR don't mind me ignoring Pedro and Keiko until they officially start running.)
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:44 PM »

Quote from: Carmen Castillo-Tozer (@CCT4Congress)
Okay, I'll bite. How exactly is Biden "stealing" anybody's money? @JordanAdams
I don't know what Adams's Twitter handle is, but his speech is wild. Accusing Biden of crimes without evidence? Claims of Marxist indoctrination? I get that that's what the Republican base wants, but holy cow.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 03:01:42 PM »

Quote from: Carmen Castillo-Tozer (@CCT4Congress)
Okay, I'll bite. How exactly is Biden "stealing" anybody's money? @JordanAdams
I don't know what Adams's Twitter handle is, but his speech is wild. Accusing Biden of crimes without evidence? Claims of Marxist indoctrination? I get that that's what the Republican base wants, but holy cow.
Joe Biden raised taxes
And that makes him a criminal how, exactly?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 03:09:33 PM »

He gave huge amounts of the money to his donors, himself, and other corrupt career polticians
Is there any reputable confirmation on this or are you just making this up?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies