Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms  (Read 1697 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 07, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »

I want the home loan industry to push back against the banning of the word " equity ".
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 01:26:56 PM »

There's not a single word on this list that you think shouldn't be banned?

I think the point of the bill or what the WI GOP wants to do is to ban phrases or expressions. Not literally these words. I'm sure there are a few words here I use but in a different context. Overall, all of them have to go. All of this sht is weird.

You don't think giving teachers a list of "banned words" is Orwellian in the slightest?

I think CRT is Orwellian and pushes black people back another century so this is preferred.

You could very easily construct a history curriculum that rejects the thesis of the 1619 Project and discourages the use of academic feminist concepts without resorting to a "banned phrases" list that censors teachers and creates a new regulatory burden for school administrators. All this is going to do is lead to a handful of high-profile firings and a plethora of new dead-weight administrative jobs, jobs that waste space in school budgets and hold down teacher salaries just as we are entering an inflationary period.

Yep. This is just going to create more Government waste. More Government mandates... oh wait.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »

I am a younger person compared to many here, and just recently graduated college.

I have never heard any of these words in my elementary, middle school, and high school life.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:52:58 AM »

Any teacher that needs to utilize these concepts in order to teach is unfit to be in a classroom and should be removed anyway, so this is a great start.  We need to purge the evil from our classrooms.

How is social-emotional learning "evil?"

Somehow children should only learn COLD HARD FACTS, MATH, SCIENCE, and not learn how to be nice at all.

To hell, with kids's socio emotional development, we need SKILLED WORKERS for the companies.

Don't quote me.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »

Any teacher that needs to utilize these concepts in order to teach is unfit to be in a classroom and should be removed anyway, so this is a great start.  We need to purge the evil from our classrooms.
Any teacher of history or social studies who teaches concepts like “multiculturalism” or “hegemony” is unfit? Are you sure about that? Are you sure that’s the bill you want to die on?

Republicans want mindless robotic workers for their companies, to serve the national interest.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 11:56:53 AM »

Imagine worshipping the founding fathers as Gods….
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »

The Founding Fathers built a foundation for this country that has withstood the test of time and inspired us to maintain our democracy throughout the ages.
They deserve reverence. They helped create and maintain American democracy, both due to their efforts as living individuals, and due to them serving as inspirations to later men.

If Thomas Jefferson came back to life , he would welcome the criticism. The founding fathers knew that Just because something worked then, doesn’t mean it could be improved now.

They deserve respect. But they don’t deserve adoration like Gods.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies