Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:42:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Republicans want to eliminate these words from classrooms  (Read 1707 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2021, 06:42:35 PM »

For the people that scream and whine about political correctness because people can't be forced against their will to say Merry Christmas, or because one is inconvenienced by a TV show that doesn't have a 100% white male cast, having a list of proposed word banning is what ACTUAL political correctness looks like.

Public education is a public concern and it's a perfectly legitimate area for public regulation. It can't be equated to whatever fashionable nonsense of the day is going on with TV celebrities.

My point is I've seen people whine that they're being "victimized" by political correctness because a TV remake doesn't pick an all white cast, and this becomes all they think about 24/7. There's often significant overlap between these people and the ones who want actually ban words from use in education.

What Republicans want to do here would be appropriate application of 'political correctness'.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2021, 01:38:47 AM »

Republcians and those who sympathize with them don't find racism and the structural impacts we feel to this very day offensive. What they find offensive is pointing it out, studying it, and god forbid addressing it. That's what all this CRT hysteria has always been about, that and huge heaping of anti-semitism.

You guys should run on CRT then rather than Secretly implement through our institutions. Let’s see how popular it actually is
WHY THE F**K IS MUTICULTURALISM BANNED YOU ABSOLUTE NITWIT?!?!?! THAT ISNT F**KING CRT AND YOU SHOULD KNOW IT BUT YOU DONT!!!
You and all Republicans must hate my multicultural family, BUT I WILL PROTECT MY FAMILY FIRST NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY TO DO. GOD BLESS AMERICA. LONG LIVE MY PARENTS AND GRANDPRENTS AND YOU EVIL FACSCISTS WILL NEVER GO NEAR THEM!

I am responding to GP270 not the OP here and I disagree with some of the words on this list being banned as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2021, 01:44:09 AM »

Republcians and those who sympathize with them don't find racism and the structural impacts we feel to this very day offensive. What they find offensive is pointing it out, studying it, and god forbid addressing it. That's what all this CRT hysteria has always been about, that and huge heaping of anti-semitism.

You guys should run on CRT then rather than Secretly implement through our institutions. Let’s see how popular it actually is
WHY THE F**K IS MUTICULTURALISM BANNED YOU ABSOLUTE NITWIT?!?!?! THAT ISNT F**KING CRT AND YOU SHOULD KNOW IT BUT YOU DONT!!!
You and all Republicans must hate my multicultural family, AND I WILL PROTECT MY FAMILY FIRST. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

OSR knows that "critical race theory" is a grad school topic and that it isn't taught in elementary schools. He knows it's a lie to label any mention of race in any way that makes white conservatives as CRT, he just doesn't care because he thinks it will help his party win next November. Sadly, he may be right about that since his whole party has no qualms about going "all in" on blatant, violent lies these days.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470714.msg8344801#msg8344801
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2021, 08:03:38 AM »

You and all Republicans must hate my multicultural family, AND I WILL PROTECT MY FAMILY FIRST. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

OSR knows that "critical race theory" is a grad school topic and that it isn't taught in elementary schools. He knows it's a lie to label any mention of race in any way that makes white conservatives as CRT, he just doesn't care because he thinks it will help his party win next November. Sadly, he may be right about that since his whole party has no qualms about going "all in" on blatant, violent lies these days.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470714.msg8344801#msg8344801

I ... posted on that thread. Not your finest hour.
Coolface’s actual roommate
pearlplate
Rookie
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2021, 08:04:37 AM »

This should be the model for the entire country
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »

Why would we run on something that is a figment of your sad imagination?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

Why would we run on something that is a figment of your sad imagination?

Because Republicans are obsessed with controlling the narrative.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies