LGC 4.15 - Lincoln Clean Power and Emission Reducing Act - Withdrawn (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:15:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 4.15 - Lincoln Clean Power and Emission Reducing Act - Withdrawn (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 4.15 - Lincoln Clean Power and Emission Reducing Act - Withdrawn  (Read 225 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: December 03, 2021, 11:55:13 PM »

2080? You do realize climate change will likely be out of control by then, I like the 2040 timeline, also supply chain issues and price increases are a natural part of the business cycle and sometimes are a necessary trade-off for good policy.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 12:03:24 AM »

2080? You do realize climate change will likely be out of control by then, I like the 2040 timeline, also supply chain issues and price increases are a natural part of the business cycle and sometimes are a necessary trade-off for good policy.

Tell me exactly how we are going to eliminate gas powered cars entirely in the next 19 years? Electric cars just don't seem to have a reasonable cost and accessibility that would make it possible...

well my answer is very simple, keep raising the price of gas until it becomes unaffordable to afford gas cars, over time people will switch to electric as owning a gas car becomes more and more expensive, the market and the economy work in magical ways. If something is expensive enough, people will seek alternatives. Also the giant EV subsidies were put in with exactly this in mind, it gives people the route to switch to electric, as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies