FL Supreme Court OKs stricter sentences if defendants exercise right against self-incrimination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:02:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  FL Supreme Court OKs stricter sentences if defendants exercise right against self-incrimination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL Supreme Court OKs stricter sentences if defendants exercise right against self-incrimination  (Read 861 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: December 21, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »

I do kind of struggle with the follow-on implications of the 5th Amendment. I get your right to not admit guilt directly, in other words the guilt should be proven. But when government employees for example stand before Congress and invoke the 5th Amendment to not answer certain questions in what is not a court of law (as people on both sides of the political divide have done), should you continue being a government employee after that point? (This is not the thread for such a question I realize.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies