Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:47:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread  (Read 4334 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« on: November 28, 2021, 06:25:49 PM »
« edited: December 02, 2021, 05:51:14 PM by Vote GregTheGreat for Lincoln General Court! »

Character App
Name: Jordan Adams
Age and DOB: 8/31/1988 (33 in December 2021, 34 in January 2023)
Hometown: Born in Brentwood, Tennessee, but moved to Aurora, Colorado when he was 4 after his parents' divorce, as his mother was given full custody, and they moved there to be closer to his maternal grandparents.
Current Residence: Greeley, Colorado
Political Party: Republican
Background: He was mostly raised in a single mother household. In 2015, he married his wife, Lauren, and is now a father of 4. He rose to fame filming violent protests in 2020, and started his channel around 2016.
Political Record: Paul-abstained-Trump-Trump voter. He was more libertarian-leaning before 2020, but became a right-wing populist that year, due to the mass unemployment/poverty due to the pandemic
Visual Description: 5'10 with a large frame
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »

Name: Brandon Walzinger
Age and DOB: May 13, 1968 (age 53 as of November 2021, 54 in January 2023)
Hometown: Casper, WY
Current Residence: Platteville, CO

Background: Brandon Walzinger was born in Casper, Wyoming, in 1968. He is the fifth of ten children in a family of ranchers and oil workers. Walzinger worked in the oil industry in Wyoming before starting his own ranch outside Platteville, Colorado, in 2002.

Political Record: Walzinger strongly opposes federal ownership of land, regulation of firearm purchases, and COVID restrictions. He participated in the 2014 occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and has ties to militia groups. More recently, he has led protests against lockdowns and mask mandates in the Greeley, Fort Collins, and Denver areas. Walzinger has enthusiastically backed Trump since the 2016 Republican primary due to his strong distrust of career politicians and the federal government.

Visual Description: 6'0", blue eyes, gray hair and beard, usually wears a cowboy hat and a flannel shirt

Additional Information: Walzinger was raised in the LDS church but no longer practices consistently. He has four children with his current wife Cynthia (m. 1997) and two children from a previous marriage (m. 1989, div. 1994). Walzinger holds a variety of unusual beliefs about the government, extraterrestrials, and the supernatural.

Approved.

Now that we have 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans in, we'll wait till 12:00 PM Pacific Time on the 8th if anyone else is interested, then we can begin playing.

Great. I have my attacks prepared
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 05:14:09 PM »

Name: Brandon Walzinger
Age and DOB: May 13, 1968 (age 53 as of November 2021, 54 in January 2023)
Hometown: Casper, WY
Current Residence: Platteville, CO

Background: Brandon Walzinger was born in Casper, Wyoming, in 1968. He is the fifth of ten children in a family of ranchers and oil workers. Walzinger worked in the oil industry in Wyoming before starting his own ranch outside Platteville, Colorado, in 2002.

Political Record: Walzinger strongly opposes federal ownership of land, regulation of firearm purchases, and COVID restrictions. He participated in the 2014 occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and has ties to militia groups. More recently, he has led protests against lockdowns and mask mandates in the Greeley, Fort Collins, and Denver areas. Walzinger has enthusiastically backed Trump since the 2016 Republican primary due to his strong distrust of career politicians and the federal government.

Visual Description: 6'0", blue eyes, gray hair and beard, usually wears a cowboy hat and a flannel shirt

Additional Information: Walzinger was raised in the LDS church but no longer practices consistently. He has four children with his current wife Cynthia (m. 1997) and two children from a previous marriage (m. 1989, div. 1994). Walzinger holds a variety of unusual beliefs about the government, extraterrestrials, and the supernatural.

Approved.

Now that we have 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans in, we'll wait till 12:00 PM Pacific Time on the 8th if anyone else is interested, then we can begin playing.

Great. I have my attacks prepared

Good, but I don't think you'll need to start off negative, because I plan on having you having a modest lead in the opening polls. Probably something like 2 points ahead of Warzinger and 6 points ahead of Fujimori.
Ok
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 07:13:43 PM »

I am running as a hardline conservative, and my campaign would be far more abrasive than I'd be in real life. I'm just getting this out here, so the other players don't think it's anything personal
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »

Jordan Adams hosts luncheon

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington.

In fundraisers (and this applies to all candidates) please go into some level of detail. In this case, it would be helpful if you included a few of the things you said regarding law and order. If you want to you could edit this post to include some of the things you say, and I may increase the amount of money you raise.
Jordan Adams hosts luncheon

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington. He discussed his harrowing experiences filming riots in the summer of 2020, and how he was physically attacked for filming. He discussed how the government's duty is to protect its citizens from threats both domestically and abroad. He also made his support for higher federal funding of the police known.

I have added some detail
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 09:00:10 PM »

I have $294k on hand, after a net-zero on a fundraiser, and spending $6k on a rally

Same thing in rallies you hold; you should mention what you say, like you do in 'Flip the 6th,' especially since you spent $6000 on this. I'd advise you go back to that post and add some of the things you say at the rally, since it will be more helpful to you that way.
Having said that, it's good you're keeping track of your cash on hand. Smiley
That rally was my campaign announcement
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping this round because I did my duty of the top five municipalities by the end of the year and just coasting on the four-point lead I have right now. If Pedro starts running, though, I'll gladly burn a little more cash.

Hello -

...I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?

Or maybe we could even just kill the game. Up to you both and Elway.
I’d choose to fast track to the general
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 06:53:30 PM »

If you end leave the game, I'll declare the election won by a lot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies