Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:29:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread  (Read 4362 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« on: December 02, 2021, 02:36:35 AM »

Character App
Name: Pedro Castillo
Age and DOB: October 19, 1969 (age 52 as of November 2021, 53 in January 2023)
Hometown: Pueblo, CO
Current Residence: Kersey, CO
Political Party: Democratic
Background: Born to poverty-stricken immigrant parents in Pueblo, Castillo was orphaned at an early age when his father committed suicide after his mother died of cancer, left untreated due to their meager salary being insufficient for medical funds. Sent north to Weld County to live with his relatives, who owned a small farm in Kersey, Castillo grew up working the fields in his spare time, walking hours a day to school in Greeley. Eventually attending CU Boulder beginning in 1993 after going through trade school, he earned a degree in education. In 2001, he would begin teaching Spanish and Humanities at Platte Valley High School, while also continuing to manage his family's farm, taking over duties from his ailing aunt and uncle. He began his involvement in politics in 2018, joining the Colorado teacher's strike and leading Weld County teachers in walking out as a prominent union member. A self-made man, Castillo is not wealthy, and lives frugally, still caring for his elderly aunt and maintaining his Kersey farm with his wife and children.
Political Record: Castillo voted for Bernie in 2016 and Biden in 2020, turned off by Bernie's social progressivism in his later run. A economic progressive who (privately) holds more socially conservative values, Castillo supports broad social spending initiatives (including Build Back Better, single-payer healthcare, increased education funding) and is ferociously in favor of unions, but is publicly neutral on issues such as abortion and LGBTQ+ rights.
Additional Information: Castillo is a devout Catholic. He has been registered as a member of the Democratic Party since 1991.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:44:39 PM »

Requesting an extension to the 16th. It’s finals season for me.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »

Requesting an extension to the 16th. It’s finals season for me.

I completely understand. This round was to go on until December 19-20 IRL. Do you want me to extend the round until Christmas for everyone? Or even a bit later? Elway, Adams and Castillo-Tozer have already made posts, so I can't delay when the round begins, but I can push out when the round ends if it makes it easier. Let me know what works.
That works. I am done the 14th and can probably do this soon after
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies