Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread  (Read 4330 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2022, 06:44:13 PM »

"Hi, the trans community? Please support me for Congress."

I mean, I think they'd overwhelmingly support a trans Democrat for Congress even without your having to say that.  Smile
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2022, 06:46:24 PM »

I mean, I think they'd overwhelmingly support a trans Democrat for Congress even without your having to say that.  Smile
Yeah, but it's still funny to imagine The Trans Community as a force as powerful as the Democrats or the Republicans.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »

Okay yeah so I doubt the others are going to bother playing, so in a couple days I'll put up more information about the fast-tracked general.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2022, 11:17:47 PM »

Okay yeah so I doubt the others are going to bother playing, so in a couple days I'll put up more information about the fast-tracked general.

I know it's been longer than I said but I've finally started work on a post to fast-track over to the general. Will be up soon, but I think it might be good to just take a brief break from the game before I put it up, so, sorry for the delays, but I think I'll post it on February 1-2.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2022, 09:51:12 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping this round because I did my duty of the top five municipalities by the end of the year and just coasting on the four-point lead I have right now. If Pedro starts running, though, I'll gladly burn a little more cash.

Character App
Name: Joanne "Jo" Duffield
Age/DoB: July 20th, 1977 (44)
Current Residence: Brighton, Colorado
Political Party: Independent Green Party*

Background: Jo Duffield was born in Brighton Colorado and is a self described feminist. When she was 18, she joined the Green Party, and ran for office for City Council and winning narrowly. She served on the City Council from 2005-2019 and afterwards, due to her then husband Quinn revealing that she is a transgender woman, she divorced Lane and became an anti-transgender activist who supported Dario Hunter in 2020 helped found the Independent Green Party. Jo's candidacy is primarily an anti-"transgenders" campaign. She has two daughters, Erin and Molly.

Political Record: As a City Councilor, Jo Duffield has been a maverick and a moderate, being re-elected until her retirement in 2019 by large margins. She has a reputation as a local fighter and a good representative.

Visual Description: She is 5'8 and has blue eyes, and has blond hair

Additional Information: Duffield is wealthy due to her family's wealth.

*https://independentgreens.us/

I had a real person (not a politician) in mind, but I want approval for using a real person first.

Depends on the person, but I'd honestly advise against it. Who do you have in mind? (As I said, it's possible they would be accepted but I'd really prefer it if we kept all the candidates fictional so as to avoid conflict of that type.)

I was hoping for Denver Broncos President of Football Operations John Elway (who would be running as either an Independent or a Republican).

Fine, I guess you could be John Elway on the conditions that you run as an independent, not a Republican (because as a Republican you'd have an unfair initial advantage over your opponents), and that if there are real life events involving Elway, I decide which ones get incorporated in the game and which don't.

That would be reasonable to me.

I know it's been a while, but the General Election Mode has started: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=473755.msg8460955#msg8460955. You can campaign now for the general election. Next round begins in roughly 10 days (exact date will be determined a bit later), but that could change if anyone needs more time.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2022, 12:25:05 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping this round because I did my duty of the top five municipalities by the end of the year and just coasting on the four-point lead I have right now. If Pedro starts running, though, I'll gladly burn a little more cash.

Character App

Background: Jo Duffield was born in Brighton Colorado and is a self described feminist. When she was 18, she joined the Green Party, and ran for office for City Council and winning narrowly. She served on the City Council from 2005-2019 and afterwards, due to her then husband Quinn revealing that she is a transgender woman, she divorced Lane and became an anti-transgender activist who supported Dario Hunter in 2020 helped found the Independent Green Party. Jo's candidacy is primarily an anti-"transgenders" campaign. She has two daughters, Erin and Molly.

Political Record: As a City Councilor, Jo Duffield has been a maverick and a moderate, being re-elected until her retirement in 2019 by large margins. She has a reputation as a local fighter and a good representative.

I had a real person (not a politician) in mind, but I want approval for using a real person first.

Depends on the person, but I'd honestly advise against it. Who do you have in mind? (As I said, it's possible they would be accepted but I'd really prefer it if we kept all the candidates fictional so as to avoid conflict of that type.)

I was hoping for Denver Broncos President of Football Operations John Elway (who would be running as either an Independent or a Republican).

Fine, I guess you could be John Elway on the conditions that you run as an independent, not a Republican (because as a Republican you'd have an unfair initial advantage over your opponents), and that if there are real life events involving Elway, I decide which ones get incorporated in the game and which don't.

I know it's been a while, but the General Election Mode has started: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=473755.msg8460955#msg8460955. You can campaign now for the general election. Next round begins in roughly 10 days (exact date will be determined a bit later), but that could change if anyone needs more time.

As I'm currently playing in two different election games and have a college class to think about, I'd honestly like about a month to post my schedule (though I'd settle for three weeks).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2022, 01:20:36 AM »

Character App

As I'm currently playing in two different election games and have a college class to think about, I'd honestly like about a month to post my schedule (though I'd settle for three weeks).

I'm all right delaying the next round to three weeks (so that the next round begin on February 23 or 24) if you need it. To allow other candidates to have access to polling, however, I will allow all the candidates one free internal poll during this round when they want it, including you (don't want the candidates not knowing the polling for the next 3 weeks).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2022, 01:22:02 AM »

Character App

I'm all right delaying the next round to three weeks (so that the next round begin on February 23 or 24) if you need it. To allow other candidates to have access to polling, however, I will allow all the candidates one free internal poll during this round when they want it, including you (don't want the candidates not knowing the polling for the next 3 weeks).

Very fair. By that time, I'll probably have made a decision about which election game to continue in, as I can't see myself doing both.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2022, 01:32:06 AM »

Character App

Very fair. By that time, I'll probably have made a decision about which election game to continue in, as I can't see myself doing both.

Are you playing Flip the 8th and two other games, or two games including Flip the 8th? I can see you're playing as Lieberman in Eagle in Peril. If you're choosing between Flip the 8th and Eagle in Peril, all I can say is, you should pick Flip the 8th (the game is much more fun with you in it).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2022, 01:40:56 AM »

Character App

Are you playing Flip the 8th and two other games, or two games including Flip the 8th? I can see you're playing as Lieberman in Eagle in Peril. If you're choosing between Flip the 8th and Eagle in Peril, all I can say is, you should pick Flip the 8th (the game is much more fun with you in it).

Two total games, plus a college class.

I'll probably make up my mind in a couple days, since Eagle in Peril's turn is shorter and started earlier (and I'm not really a fan of how KaiserDave is structuring the turns, either. Three month turns are hard).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2022, 11:48:12 AM »

I have in fact reached the decision to withdraw from both election games.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »

I have in fact reached the decision to withdraw from both election games.

Sorry to hear this.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2022, 01:37:25 PM »

Yeah, but it's still funny to imagine The Trans Community as a force as powerful as the Democrats or the Republicans.

Hello -

...I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?

Or maybe we could even just kill the game. Up to you both and Elway.
I’d choose to fast track to the general

Updated polling is up now that Elway has dropped out. Adams has a narrow 2-point lead as of right now, but notably, a full 10% of voters are undecided. Note that the next round will start February 11, 12 or 13 as initially planned unless you want it delayed a bit more (let me know in a post in this thread or through PM), and that no one has access to a free internal poll anymore.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2022, 09:45:53 PM »

Character App

So...what's going on? Any of you still interested in playing? I put up the General Election some days ago and the next round begins in 3-5 days. No problem with me if none of you want to campaign at the moment but let me know because I'm not sure if a.) you've stopped playing permanently, b.) you are taking a break but will campaign in the coming rounds, c.) you forgot about the game.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2022, 09:47:49 PM »

I was waiting for someone else to make the very first move.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »

I was waiting for someone else to make the very first move.

Fair enough, but my fear is that the other 2 candidates are thinking the same thing. So I think we need a cash incentive...first person to begin playing will have the first $100 in expenses covered for them, free of charge, no questions asked (basically whoever goes first gets $100 in the game). Once again quoting Ishan and Greg, so they are aware of this opportunity:

Character App

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2022, 12:39:07 PM »

Okay this game seems kind of defuct now...is anyone still interested in playing or should I end it?

If no one answers and no one posts in the gameplay thread in the next 72 hours, I'll take that as a no and end the game officially.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »

If you end the game, I'll declare the election won by a lot.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2022, 05:47:05 PM »

If you end the game, I'll declare the election won by a lot.

I'd really like to continue the game, but I don't see any point in letting the game continue if no one's active / no one wants to play any more.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2022, 01:27:57 PM »

Okay, 24 hours left for anyone to do anything in the game, or I'm locking the thread.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2022, 12:50:13 AM »

Okay the game will go on. Next round on February 15.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2022, 09:39:30 AM »

Okay, I'm going to be honest, I totally forgot about this (well, not so much "forgot about" as "neglected") and my energy and creativity to play this just aren't what they were, so I think I might just call it quits.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2022, 03:30:24 PM »

Okay, I'm going to be honest, I totally forgot about this (well, not so much "forgot about" as "neglected") and my energy and creativity to play this just aren't what they were, so I think I might just call it quits.

Okay well then let me know either way within the next day or two. If you're playing I can put up updated polling and have the next round begin; if not I'll end the game now too since only Greg/Adams will be left.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2022, 06:53:30 PM »

If you end leave the game, I'll declare the election won by a lot.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2022, 10:07:55 PM »

And you actually have reason to, unlike me! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies