Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:18:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Flip the 8th - Interest & Sign Up Thread  (Read 4321 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »

Jordan Adams hosts luncheon

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington.

In fundraisers (and this applies to all candidates) please go into some level of detail. In this case, it would be helpful if you included a few of the things you said regarding law and order. If you want to you could edit this post to include some of the things you say, and I may increase the amount of money you raise.

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington. He discussed his harrowing experiences filming riots in the summer of 2020, and how he was physically attacked for filming. He discussed how the government's duty is to protect its citizens from threats both domestically and abroad. He also made his support for higher federal funding of the police known.

I have added some detail
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2021, 06:18:54 PM »

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington.

In fundraisers (and this applies to all candidates) please go into some level of detail. In this case, it would be helpful if you included a few of the things you said regarding law and order. If you want to you could edit this post to include some of the things you say, and I may increase the amount of money you raise.

The candidate spent $10,000 on the event. He talked about how he would push for law and order in Washington. He discussed his harrowing experiences filming riots in the summer of 2020, and how he was physically attacked for filming. He discussed how the government's duty is to protect its citizens from threats both domestically and abroad. He also made his support for higher federal funding of the police known.

I have added some detail

Great. I think a lot of what you said wuld go over well with the audience so I've increased the money they give you by $1,000.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2021, 09:00:10 PM »

I have $294k on hand, after a net-zero on a fundraiser, and spending $6k on a rally

Same thing in rallies you hold; you should mention what you say, like you do in 'Flip the 6th,' especially since you spent $6000 on this. I'd advise you go back to that post and add some of the things you say at the rally, since it will be more helpful to you that way.
Having said that, it's good you're keeping track of your cash on hand. Smiley
That rally was my campaign announcement
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2021, 09:05:28 PM »

I have $294k on hand, after a net-zero on a fundraiser, and spending $6k on a rally

Same thing in rallies you hold; you should mention what you say, like you do in 'Flip the 6th,' especially since you spent $6000 on this. I'd advise you go back to that post and add some of the things you say at the rally, since it will be more helpful to you that way.
Having said that, it's good you're keeping track of your cash on hand. Smiley
That rally was my campaign announcement

Ah, okay. Either way, you're doing good, but I advise holding off on more fundraising right now since you held 3 consecutive fundraisers and this will lead to diminishing returns.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2021, 10:07:33 PM »

NEW FEATURE: Anyone who wants to can spend $800 on an internal poll. They should request in either by PM or in the gameplay thread. Poll results will be given to them via PM, and it will be up to them if they want to publicize the results or not (if they're doing well, they should; if they aren't, maybe not). Note that you can only ask for a polling of the primary you are in, with the exceptions of Duffield and Elway, who can request either polling of the general election (which costs $800), or a polling of the Republican ($800) or Democratic primaries ($800). Of course, you can just wait until the next round begins on Christmas, but you could alternatively use this feature to have insider knowledge / an advantage so you can adjust your campaigning accordingly.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

Graphic design is my passion
Campaign Schedule
December 7 to December 19
$300,000 on Hand

December 7: Ahead of announcing her campaign for congress, the candidate takes a leave of absence at the Fey and Co. Law Offices, effective Thursday and scheduled to end June 29, 2022, the day after the Democratic primary.
December 10: An announcement rally (-$6,000) is held in her home town (well, town of residence) of Thornton; the candidate pledges to hold five rallies in the top five municipalities in the district by the end of the year. Her staffers scramble to put together a list of municipalities in Colorado's 8th by population. The candidate's campaign manager tells her, when delivering the list,
December 11: Holds a small fundraiser in Greeley (-$4,500), courting donations from small donors ($50 per ticket, 250 tickets for sale) and angling for a $1,500 profit.
December 12: Rally in Evans (-$6,000)
December 13: Town hall in Sherrelwood (-$1,500)
December 14: Another fundraiser ($50x200), this time in Brighton (-$4,000) and hoping to turn a $1,000 profit.
December 15: Rally in Northglenn (-$6,000)
December 16: Meeting with State Rep. Brianna Titone (D-Jefferson) to discuss a potential endorsement, highlighting their shared support of Bernie Sanders and interest in bringing the local community together.
Note: I'm going to be honest: I have no goddamn clue how to court endorsements, so the honorable State Rep. is going to have to accept that I'm clueless and that I don't want to play the trans card. I also don't really know how to campaign, period, so just pretend that my campaigning is halfway decent, okay?
December 17: A third fundraiser ($50x400), returning to Thornton (-$6,100) in hopes of making a $2,000 profit.
December 18: Rally in Brighton (-$6,000)
December 19: Run newspaper ads in Johnstown (-$700) and Northglenn (-$5200)

Ending my turn with $254,000 on hand. I should probably tone it down a notch so I don't wind up completely broke in February and pray that I can coast through the rest of the primary, but whatever. Press releases will be posted as needed.

If possible, you should go into detail on your events as and when they occur. This will help you increase support and, in the case of fundraisers, make more money. For instance, you can go into detail about your rally in Evans.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2021, 09:44:21 PM »

I'm aware, I'm just trying to think of highlights and release them all in one post like my schedule.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2021, 01:45:43 PM »

A reminder to all players that this round will conclude on Christmas, or around exactly one week from now.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »

The next round will begin on Christmas, or latest, on the 26th. Updated polling will be released. The following candidates have done no campaigning and are advised to do so before the round concludes: Duffield (though since she's a third-party candidate she can start later if she wants), Castillo, and Fujimori. Walzinger should also consider further campaigning this round.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2021, 08:02:56 PM »

Just so everyone knows: I will not be monitoring Flip the 8th for the next 3 to 5 days. If you do any fundraisers or ask for internal polling during that time, I may not respond to you for a while.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:52 PM »

Reminder: The next round begins on January 6, 7 or 8 (I will let you know about that soon, but it will probably be the 8th), and so far, only Independent John Elway has done any type of campaigning this round. All candidates might want to consider doing some type of campaigning, with the exceptions of Elway and Duffield (both are independent/third-party and don't really need to worry too much about campaigning right now), Castillo-Tozer (who campaigned heavily last round and had a net loss of $30,000) and to a lesser extent, Jordan Adams (who did campaign quite a bit last round but still has enough funds that he could campaign more in this round and expand his lead). The other candidates (Fujimori, Castillo and Walzinger) are strongly advised to take advantage of the other players' inactivity (other than Elway), and try to regain lost ground (since they were themselves inactive in the first round).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2022, 05:55:42 PM »

Reminding the two primary candidates I haven't quoted yet (so they wouldn't have received an alert) that no one's campaigned. Of course you aren't required to, and won't be hurt in the polls since no one else campaigned either (and in the case of Castillo-Tozer, you've spent a lot of money and may want to be conservative in your expenditures this round). But Adams, if he wanted to, could use this opportunity to get farther ahead (though it's your choice if you want him to lay low like the others for now). Just gave this reminder in case either of you intend to campaign but had just forgotten (as I said, not campaigning this round isn't really a bad decision, either).
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2022, 06:10:45 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping this round because I did my duty of the top five municipalities by the end of the year and just coasting on the four-point lead I have right now. If Pedro starts running, though, I'll gladly burn a little more cash.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2022, 12:07:51 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping this round because I did my duty of the top five municipalities by the end of the year and just coasting on the four-point lead I have right now. If Pedro starts running, though, I'll gladly burn a little more cash.

Good with me.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2022, 07:48:12 PM »

I would advise Fujimori, Castillo and Walzinger to use this round to catch up to their opponents since no one is currently active this round.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2022, 06:49:31 PM »

I would advise you both to accept the debate invitation, but of course, it's up to you. Be warned that if you don't accept, it will further hurt your polling.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2022, 01:52:07 AM »

Guys I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2022, 04:48:51 AM »

Guys I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?

If you're willing to give me a bunch of free endorsements in compensation, sure.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2022, 11:18:21 AM »

If you're willing to give me a bunch of free endorsements in compensation, sure.

Honestly, I would give you only a few more endorsements, since as planned I intended to give you 3 (or maybe 4) endorsements total.

(As for fundraising, I would give you a lot more cash from fundraisers and small-dollar donations, and Castillo-Tozer and Adams would be liberally supplied by the DCCC and NRCC, respectively, as well as small-dollar donations of their own.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2022, 12:04:02 PM »

Hello -

...I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?

Or maybe we could even just kill the game. Up to you both and Elway.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2022, 12:17:44 PM »

I'm fine with fast-tracking to the general.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »

I would support fast-tracking to the general as well, as I planned on starting my campaign in the general.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »

Hello -

...I've realized Walzinger, Fujimori and Castillo aren't at all active, and may not be at all. Just one person is actively campaigning for the Democratic nomination (Castillo-Tozer), and just one for the GOP nomination (Adams) - though of course, Elway is campaigning too as an independent. So I'm wondering if we should perhaps somehow fast-track and jump to the general election, because the primaries aren't going anywhere. What are your thoughts on this?

I’d choose to fast track to the general
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2022, 05:32:12 PM »

Hello -

I’d choose to fast track to the general

Okay, that's good with me.
Then we do need to discuss some logistics.
I honestly think that though Castillo-Tozer has less funds than you, it would be a good idea to rest and give both of you the same amount of cash to begin with for the general.
Also, we could wait until the actual primary season and go in real time but I feel like that'll kill the buzz since the general election campaigns won't start for a long time, so we can just pretend nothing major has happened and keep this race local.
As for endorsements, you both will get typical endorsements (Castillo-Tozer from the Democratic establishment and the trans community, you from the GOP establishment), but will not be allowed to get any more. Elway can continue collecting more endorsements since he's an independent.
I think I should wait for a bit to finish planning this all out, give the game a break - like maybe we wait for 5 days or a week or so? - and then start the general.
This could also be a last-minute chance if Kuumo, VAR or OBD are at all interested in joining the game.
Paging all three if they are interested, because if so then I can put up primary polling for another round and continue the game from the primary, and if not then go as planned and fast-track to the GE -

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2022, 05:35:04 PM »

"Hi, the trans community? Please support me for Congress."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies