Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol  (Read 2642 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:21:25 AM »

I dislike Boebert and Omar, but Boebert's comments here were completely inappropriate. Unfortunately, she fits the voters of her district like a glove, and I can't imagine her being defeated anytime soon.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »

I'm honestly shocked she apologized.

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.

Substitute Ilhan Omar for MTG and you're on to something.

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »

I'm honestly shocked she apologized.

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.

Substitute Ilhan Omar for MTG and you're on to something.

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
I’m not saying you have to like Omar but the “some people did something” attack on her is done in bad faith to rewrite her argument about Muslims as a whole being turned into borderline 2nd class citizens post-9/11 into claiming she was trying to say 9/11 wasn’t a big deal

It is certainly true that much of the sentiment against Omar is Islamophobic in nature, as can be seen with Boebert's comments. But I think there should be a consensus that Congress would be better served by not having either as a member of the body. And on balance, I'd say there are a greater number of objectionable Republicans serving then there are Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies