Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:41:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol  (Read 2620 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57:50 AM »

That...should still place you firmly in the democratic party and certainly not inspire you to vote for Trump. Pretty much everything the Biden administration is trying to do will improve the lives of exactly those people.
If I believe immigration, free trade, and internationalist foreign policy have harmed the American worker, why would I support a party favoring them? Those are my three big issues.

My votes in presidential elections:

04 Kerry
08 Obama (supported Kucinich early in the primaries)
12 write-in
16 Trump (voted Sanders in the primaries)
20 Trump

Biden hasn't been as bad on those three issues as he campaigned, anyhow, which is why I'd consider him over a non-populist republican in 2024.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2021, 12:10:26 PM »

I'm honestly shocked she apologized.

Is this, though let's be clear she's only sorry she's getting called out on it. Even in her district this could have repercussions. She's still a piece of walking garbage POS.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.

Substitute Ilhan Omar for MTG and you're on to something.

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
I’m not saying you have to like Omar but the “some people did something” attack on her is done in bad faith to rewrite her argument about Muslims as a whole being turned into borderline 2nd class citizens post-9/11 into claiming she was trying to say 9/11 wasn’t a big deal

Why don't you hop on an LIRR train, travel to the Flatbush Ave. station in Brooklyn, then navigate the Subway system until you get to the Fire Station where Steven Siller served.  When you get there, try and sell your point about the virtue of Ilhan Omar to the firefighters on duty there.  I'll abide by whatever they tell me on this subject.

And Ilhan is capable of being specific.  She said "some people did something" regarding 9/11, but when it comes to Foreign Policy, she says, "Israel has hypnotized the World!".  So she's capable of citing actions and who she believes is at fault for them.  I don't believe Israel has hypnotized the World, but I certainly can believe that Ilhan Omar has hypnotized a good portion of the Atlas Left.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2021, 02:51:33 PM »

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
I’m not saying you have to like Omar but the “some people did something” attack on her is done in bad faith to rewrite her argument about Muslims as a whole being turned into borderline 2nd class citizens post-9/11 into claiming she was trying to say 9/11 wasn’t a big deal

Why don't you hop on an LIRR train, travel to the Flatbush Ave. station in Brooklyn, then navigate the Subway system until you get to the Fire Station where Steven Siller served.  When you get there, try and sell your point about the virtue of Ilhan Omar to the firefighters on duty there.  I'll abide by whatever they tell me on this subject.

And Ilhan is capable of being specific.  She said "some people did something" regarding 9/11, but when it comes to Foreign Policy, she says, "Israel has hypnotized the World!".  So she's capable of citing actions and who she believes is at fault for them.  I don't believe Israel has hypnotized the World, but I certainly can believe that Ilhan Omar has hypnotized a good portion of the Atlas Left.
I knew people who died on 9/11 but sure play that game 🙄
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »

I knew people who died on 9/11 but sure play that game 🙄

Honestly, can you see Ilhan Omar apologizing to ordinary Americans for anything?  And I deliberately qualified this.  I'm sure she could apologize to her peers if she screwed up somehow, but can you imagine her apologizing for a wrong done to anyone outside her supporters?
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2021, 09:01:39 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 09:05:47 PM by JD Vance For Senate »

I disagree with The Squad in general as they were well to my left especially on social issues, but me defending Omar and AOC over the last few weeks shows how bad politics are going in this country. McCarthy & co should take the high road in this scenario, rather than engage in the gutter politics which is only going to kill our democracy.  As inexcusable as some of Omar's previous remarks (all about the Benjamin's, some people did something) I'm referring to in particular, I don't believe she has swept as low as the "bomb" comments.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »

I disagree with The Squad in general as they were well to my left especially on social issues, but me defending Omar and AOC over the last few weeks shows how bad politics are going in this country. McCarthy & co should take the high road in this scenario, rather than engage in the gutter politics which is only going to kill our democracy.  As inexcusable as some of Omar's previous remarks (all about the Benjamin's, some people did something) I'm referring to in particular, I don't believe she has swept as low as the "bomb" comments.

Wish I could triple  recommended a post, particularly given in this case it's origin.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2021, 04:36:31 PM »

Another video shows Lauren Boebert suggesting Ilhan Omar was terrorist.

Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado suggested to a crowd in September that Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, whom she called "black-hearted" and "evil," was a terrorist.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/11/30/politics/lauren-boebert-ilhan-omar-video-comments/index.html
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2021, 06:07:21 PM »

Right or wrong, apologizing will hurt Boebert’s credibility on the right. Apologizing for anything is viewed as a sign of weakness among some.

Is it? Probably. If you’re going to say something you’ll later come to regret…either don’t say it, or don’t regret it.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »

So many of these congresscritters get all the publicity - when I bet there's like 50 members of Congress that are doing a really good job but they get no press.

We waste our time as a country on these dopes constantly... Boebert, the batsh**t one, the other one, please.. they're all looking for attention.  They do not contribute to anything but more hatred and more division... they're losers, basically.
kwabbit

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »

So many of these congresscritters get all the publicity - when I bet there's like 50 members of Congress that are doing a really good job but they get no press.

We waste our time as a country on these dopes constantly... Boebert, the batsh**t one, the other one, please.. they're all looking for attention.  They do not contribute to anything but more hatred and more division... they're losers, basically.

So many of the Dem congress people from CA in safe D seats are completely anonymous.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »

Another video shows Lauren Boebert suggesting Ilhan Omar was terrorist.

Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado suggested to a crowd in September that Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, whom she called "black-hearted" and "evil," was a terrorist.

https://us.cnn.com/2021/11/30/politics/lauren-boebert-ilhan-omar-video-comments/index.html

Honestly if Boebert knew absolutely nothing about Omar besides her name “Ilhan Omar” she would call her a terrorist, like my American born mom getting called “Camel Jockey” or “Sand N******” in school just for her name. Anyone who blows smoke about Israel/Palestine is just covering for a racist waste of carbon
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »

So many of the Dem congress people from CA in safe D seats are completely anonymous.

Snide remark #1 of tonight.  Yes, and tell me again every Republican in Ohiochigiana's House delegation.  A buncha real sexy dudes over there.
kwabbit

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »

We waste our time as a country on these dopes constantly... Boebert, the batsh**t one, the other one, please.. they're all looking for attention.  They do not contribute to anything but more hatred and more division... they're losers, basically.

Snide remark #1 of tonight.  Yes, and tell me again every Republican in Ohiochigiana's House delegation.  A buncha real sexy dudes over there.

That wasn't supposed to be an insult against the Dem congress people from California, I was agreeing with your point that many of them do good work but they don't get publicity for it while people like Boebert and MTG do.

Off the top of my head,

Indiana: Spartz and Pence
Michigan: Upton, Meijer, Huizenga
Ohio: Gonzalez, Chabot, Jordan, Balderson, Turner

So I got 10 out of 27.

For CA:
Waters, Schiff, Pelosi, Khanna, Jackie Spier?, Garamendi, Porter, Levin, Lieu, Sanchez. So I got 10 out of 42.

I blanked on Bass.

This is more a function of a state's partisan lean where if there's so many members of they all blend together. I could name every Dem from Ohio and Indiana because they don't have too many and I could name almost every Republican from California. Especially since half of the Republicans in CA won close, newsworthy races.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »

We waste our time as a country on these dopes constantly... Boebert, the batsh**t one, the other one, please.. they're all looking for attention.  They do not contribute to anything but more hatred and more division... they're losers, basically.

Snide remark #1 of tonight.  Yes, and tell me again every Republican in Ohiochigiana's House delegation.  A buncha real sexy dudes over there.

That wasn't supposed to be an insult against the Dem congress people from California, I was agreeing with your point that many of them do good work but they don't get publicity for it while people like Boebert and MTG do.

Off the top of my head,

Indiana: Spartz and Pence
Michigan: Upton, Meijer, Huizenga
Ohio: Gonzalez, Chabot, Jordan, Balderson, Turner

So I got 10 out of 27.

For CA:
Waters, Schiff, Pelosi, Khanna, Jackie Spier?, Garamendi, Porter, Levin, Lieu, Sanchez. So I got 10 out of 42.

I blanked on Bass.

This is more a function of a state's partisan lean where if there's so many members of they all blend together. I could name every Dem from Ohio and Indiana because they don't have too many and I could name almost every Republican from California. Especially since half of the Republicans in CA won close, newsworthy races.

Sorry, honey, i thought you were being cute with that... i do apologize.  and u did very well on the congressional names!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies