Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:18:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rep. Lauren Boebert jokes about Rep. Ilhan Omar blowing up a bomb in the Capitol  (Read 2637 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »

Today's Republican Party is solely about doing and saying the most vulgar and offensive things possible, rather than actually trying to legislate and make peoples' lives better. It needs to be burned to the ground.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 05:19:02 PM »

tbh Boebert is like my homophobic aunt- nobody would come out to her (in my case as bi, in their case as Biden voters).

Then again her reasonable family members (all who voted Biden) abandoned this lunatic years ago, probably around when she gave birth in a truck on the freeway.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2021, 05:22:05 PM »

Today's Republican Party is solely about doing and saying the most vulgar and offensive things possible, rather than actually trying to legislate and make peoples' lives better. It needs to be burned to the ground.

The GOP was burned to the ground in 2006/2008 and that didn’t make the party more moderate , it made them go further right as that provided an opening for the tea party. You guys need to realize that any right of center party in the US would not only be like the GOP but even more “extreme” if it started from new .
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 05:26:21 PM »

Then again her reasonable family members (all who voted Biden) abandoned this lunatic years ago, probably around when she gave birth in a truck on the freeway.
What did I just read?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 05:28:41 PM »

What did I just read?
Lauren Boebert uses story of giving birth in a truck to attack parental leave
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2021, 05:32:50 PM »

Not that part, that's normal for people without means.

I was talking about the overt classism in your post, and the implication that people should abandon family members they disagree with on politics.

When I was a teenager I was a militant atheist and a vocal, in-your-face liberal. I wish I had been more kind to my family back then. Fortunately I was able to mature and when I see them I get along and can discuss those topics.

The entire idea of abandoning family members is very dark.
Hollywood
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »

God I hope she doesn’t have any LGBT family members

I have an LGBT family member.  She's quietly joined the anti-Biden coalition with her girlfriend, and no longer wears a mask while driving. lol.   
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2021, 05:50:55 PM »

I have an LGBT family member.  She's quietly joined the anti-Biden coalition with her girlfriend, and no longer wears a mask while driving. lol.   

Ok.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2021, 06:13:22 PM »

Her thoughts exactly
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2021, 06:19:50 PM »

Definitely no untreated mental illness in this woman...
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2021, 06:21:17 PM »

MAGA terrorists backed by Boebert planted bombs at the DNC and RNC before the insurrection.

Terrorisms is fine as long as you are a white Trump cultist.
Beebeebutt
Rookie
United States
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2021, 04:01:43 AM »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2021, 04:27:50 AM »

Wow, what went wrong?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2021, 04:47:30 AM »

I'm honestly shocked she apologized.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2021, 10:13:35 AM »

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »

Theory: Unlike MTG (who is an outright lunatic), Boebert is not a sh!t-tier human being and just gets caught up in stuff easily.

Substitute Ilhan Omar for MTG and you're on to something.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2021, 11:05:36 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2021, 11:08:24 AM »

The words "some people did something" will never be forgotten when it comes to Ilhan Omar.

You'll forget them by next month.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2021, 11:14:42 AM »

You'll forget them by next month.

Who do you think you're talking to?  Joe Biden?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2021, 11:15:31 AM »

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »

Good job deliberately ignoring the context of that quote and the point that she was making 👍

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2021, 11:28:39 AM »

As I've said, I don't like Boebert, and her comments here were reprehensible, but that doesn't mean Ilhan Omar is someone to be praised either. I don't like her either, and I think Congress would be better off if neither of them were there.
I’m not saying you have to like Omar but the “some people did something” attack on her is done in bad faith to rewrite her argument about Muslims as a whole being turned into borderline 2nd class citizens post-9/11 into claiming she was trying to say 9/11 wasn’t a big deal
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »

I’m not saying you have to like Omar but the “some people did something” attack on her is done in bad faith to rewrite her argument about Muslims as a whole being turned into borderline 2nd class citizens post-9/11 into claiming she was trying to say 9/11 wasn’t a big deal

It is certainly true that much of the sentiment against Omar is Islamophobic in nature, as can be seen with Boebert's comments. But I think there should be a consensus that Congress would be better served by not having either as a member of the body. And on balance, I'd say there are a greater number of objectionable Republicans serving then there are Democrats.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »

I went to college in California, was surrounded by people with similar beliefs who were equally if not more vocal about them, and realized how insufferable they were (and by extension I was).

I’m still an atheist but there’s really no reason for me to talk about it. And I’m as if not more liberal on abortion and LGBT (well it was gay marriage in particular back then), the issues du jour of the mid-00s (first voted in 04). But being surrounded by rich technocratic neoliberals spurred on my transformation into someone whose worldview is about improving the lives of the American poor/working class/lower middle class (particularly those left behind by change).
That...should still place you firmly in the democratic party and certainly not inspire you to vote for Trump. Pretty much everything the Biden administration is trying to do will improve the lives of exactly those people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies