Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials  (Read 8191 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »

Is it really that impossible to believe that some rich bastard would kill himself once he finally got held accountable for his crimes?

It’s not impossible, but at the very least, measures were taken to ensure he’d be allowed to.

That's possible too, but it's certainly not "the very least" of the possibilities. I know that prison guards are famously the most competent workers America has to offer, but even they make mistakes.

My point is, none of Epstein crap is difficult to believe. We don't need braindead Q people to decipher it for us. There's hundreds of thousands, if not millions of creeps in this country. Epstein was one of them, and he like everyone else had friends and connections, some of whom may have been involved but many of whom weren't. Then he killed himself once his crimes were made manifest.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »

Is it really that impossible to believe that some rich bastard would kill himself once he finally got held accountable for his crimes?

Of course it’s not impossible, but when a sex trafficker who are connected to much of the political and economic elite dies of suicide under questionable circumstances, ones first reaction should not be “well I guess that’s it”.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2021, 02:01:45 PM »

Further, didn't Epstein change his will right before he died to screw his victims out of financial compensation?

Maybe Epstein would have ratted on others. Unknowable obviously.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2021, 02:51:21 PM »

Of course it’s not impossible, but when a sex trafficker who are connected to much of the political and economic elite dies of suicide under questionable circumstances, ones first reaction should not be “well I guess that’s it”.

That wasn't my first nor my only reaction. I'm just saying that I don't think it's hard to believe at all, based on what we know, that Epstein killed himself. There are plenty of bad people that choose suicide over punishment when they finally get cornered. Hitler comes to mind too. Not every villain is an evil genius.

Also, I have no doubt that some of Epstein's powerful friends took part in his sexual crimes, but I have little patience for all the talk of "This person was photographed standing next to Epstein!!" nonsense. He was a prominent figure, so he showed up next to other prominent people in his world. There's photos of Bill Cosby standing next to pretty much everybody in the TV and Hollywood worlds. There's photos of perverted teachers or coaches standing with the rest of the school staff. It doesn't mean everyone is involved.

I'm open to the idea that foul play was involved in Epstein's death. However, I'm getting tired of people weaponizing Epstein's crimes to push their stupid political conspiracies, which is what resurrected this thread in the first place. 
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »

I’m reasonably confident that Epstein did in fact kill himself.
But I also think it’s more likely than not that people were paid off to make it easier for him to do this.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2021, 08:20:55 PM »

That wasn't my first nor my only reaction. I'm just saying that I don't think it's hard to believe at all, based on what we know, that Epstein killed himself. There are plenty of bad people that choose suicide over punishment when they finally get cornered. Hitler comes to mind too. Not every villain is an evil genius.

Also, I have no doubt that some of Epstein's powerful friends took part in his sexual crimes, but I have little patience for all the talk of "This person was photographed standing next to Epstein!!" nonsense. He was a prominent figure, so he showed up next to other prominent people in his world. There's photos of Bill Cosby standing next to pretty much everybody in the TV and Hollywood worlds. There's photos of perverted teachers or coaches standing with the rest of the school staff. It doesn't mean everyone is involved.

I'm open to the idea that foul play was involved in Epstein's death. However, I'm getting tired of people weaponizing Epstein's crimes to push their stupid political conspiracies, which is what resurrected this thread in the first place. 

I’m going to honest, I think people’s relationship with Epstein is not simply one of him being a pimp, but also that he was a network hub for New York rich and powerful, I personally think both Trump’s and Clinton’s friendship with Epstein started over this and I think it’s interesting that Trump broke off his connection with Epstein when Ivanka married Kushner making continued connection to Epstein unnecessary for Trump.

The major problem for Bill Clinton was not his early interactions, but his continued close interaction even after Epstein became unnecessary for the Clintons. But at the same time I don’t for a moment think the Clintons are connected to his death. Clinton enjoy a high degree of protection from prosecution, but I doubt he have the tools or connections to kill a guy in a New York prison and even if he did, I think the risk bs. reward is so bad that he wouldn’t do it.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2021, 09:02:36 PM »

I don’t believe he killed himself.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2021, 09:20:44 PM »

I’m reasonably confident that Epstein did in fact kill himself.
But I also think it’s more likely than not that people were paid off to make it easier for him to do this.

This is the most likely of the theories, in my opinion, but even if it's the case I suspect it would by far be more likely that one of Epstein's representatives (i.e. a no-name personal lawyer) made this transaction at the request of Epstein himself. The idea that a powerful celebrity or politician would do this seems silly and implausible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies