Why does Left Twitter hate Greta Thunberg?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:44:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why does Left Twitter hate Greta Thunberg?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why does Left Twitter hate Greta Thunberg?  (Read 222 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2021, 11:53:06 AM »
« edited: November 27, 2021, 03:53:06 PM by December's tragic drive »

I've noticed that those sort of accounts that have supernova level hate boners for The Squad and are constantly posting about how they're neoliberal establishment sellouts also often post about her also dripping in rage although the explanation is just word salad with "neoliberal" regularly sprinkled in. What gives?
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:59 PM »

Never, ever trust a leftist whose only sole issue is environmentalism.  

They are quite strange individuals.

It would not surprise me in the least that one day, this Greta person will come out and blame global warming on the Jooz.

You have been warned.  
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 12:13:37 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 12:19:21 PM by TML »

Some of these self-proclaimed leftists on Twitter are actually right-wingers at heart. One way to spot such people is to check the extent they criticize people based on where they fall on the political spectrum - if they criticize people on the left much more aggressively than people on the right, chances are they are actually right-wingers in left-wing clothing. (In fact, off the top of my head, I can think of two prominent individuals who have, in recent months, criticized the left a lot but have hardly criticized the right at the same time. The more "mainstream" leftist political commentators now consider these two people right-wingers in left-wing clothing.)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 12:36:34 PM »

It's because she has almost as low an opinion of greenwashing left-wing economic policies that the people in question would have pushed for anyway as of greenwashing by big businesses, and also isn't reflexively and obsessively anti-Israel. And because she's young, female and on the spectrum.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »

Because she is unreasonable.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 01:18:35 PM »

This is correct. Thunberg is advocating for a cause that does require attention from those in power, but she's doing so in a way that is alienating to many people. But it seems that the Nobel Committee doesn't consider her efforts to be worthy enough of their honors, as she was passed over yet again this year in favor of two journalists (one Filipino, one Russian) who have been speaking out against Duterte and Putin.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 01:23:00 PM »

It’s entirely due to her mainly promoting lifestylism and sales taxes on certain meat products instead of focusing on structural issues promoting pollution. She comes off as a rich bubble head who is just used as a grift by their parents.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »

left twitter hates everyone i think
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »

Some of these self-proclaimed leftists on Twitter are actually right-wingers at heart. One way to spot such people is to check the extent they criticize people based on where they fall on the political spectrum - if they criticize people on the left much more aggressively than people on the right, chances are they are actually right-wingers in left-wing clothing. (In fact, off the top of my head, I can think of two prominent individuals who have, in recent months, criticized the left a lot but have hardly criticized the right at the same time. The more "mainstream" leftist political commentators now consider these two people right-wingers in left-wing clothing.)
I'm guessing one is Glenn Greenwald. And the other?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies