What should the drinking age be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:31:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What should the drinking age be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Alcohol banned

22+

19-20

16-17

15 or some other age below this

There should be no drinking age

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: What should the drinking age be?  (Read 2099 times)
LBJer
« on: November 25, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »
« edited: November 25, 2021, 01:04:29 PM by LBJer »

I voted for 18.  It's beyond ridiculous to say someone is mature enough to join the military, where they'll handle and potentially use deadly weapons that could--and do--get innocent people killed, yet not mature enough to be responsible regarding drinking and driving.  

The only reason it's not 18 is that politicians haven't had the balls to stand up to groups like Mother's Against Drunk Driving and say: "Yes, what happened to your child was tragic, but having the drinking age be 21 is not an appropriate reponse.  An 18 year old can kill someone if they drink and drive, but so can a 21 year old or an 81 year old.  And someone killed by the latter two is just as dead as someone killed by the first."
LBJer
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:35:45 PM »

Agree on the maturity aspect, but children are the only thing to live for in life. All other paths to fulfillment will ultimately leave man empty. Very cringe movement by PMC people in denial who think they are oppressed because their child-free DINK life isn't the normal position and they refuse to grow-up.

Earth to Sprouts: Not everyone wants to have--or should have--children.  I for one can't stand them.  If that makes me "immature," so be it.  Live and let live. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies