Which of the Derek Chauvin, Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery killers verdicts do you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of the Derek Chauvin, Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery killers verdicts do you support?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which of the Derek Chauvin, Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery killers verdicts do you support?
I agree with the Derek Chauvin verdict.

I agree with the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict.

I agree with the killers of Ahmaud Arbery verdict

I disagree with the Derek Chauvin verdict.

I disagree with the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict.

I disagree with the killers of Ahmaud Arbery verdict

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the Derek Chauvin, Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery killers verdicts do you support?  (Read 1659 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »

Three votes, one for each case.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 03:31:40 PM »

Agree with all 3,  I wasn't 100% sure about the 2nd degree murder for Chauvin but I tilted towards it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »

Agree with all 3
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 07:34:27 PM »

agree with Rittenhouse & Arbery verdicts, don't have a firm opinion on Chauvin verdict.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 12:45:29 AM »

support all 3
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 06:00:41 AM »

I opposed the Chauvin verdict at the time but in hindsight, I think it was fair. I agree with the Rittenhouse and Arbery case verdicts.

I think that Arbery was probably up to no good but his killers were racists so they deserve the full charge of murder. His killers overreacted and killed him probably because of his race. If they were not personally racist, the case wouldn't be as black and white IMO. George Floyd was a bad person but Chauvin definitely used too much force and acted completely wrongly.

I am concerned about how if people are killed unjustly they immediately become heroes, or idols, at least among many people.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 06:28:10 AM »

You know full well if Rittenhouse was Blk he would be in jail,
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 08:26:10 AM »

Agree with all three. Will completely admit I fell victim to disinfo about the Rittenhouse case last year.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 10:02:19 AM »

Chauvin and Arbery killers cases were very clear. Sure, George Floyd may not have been a model citizen, but he wasn't hurting anyone at the time and by all accounts was trying to improve and even if he wasn't he still wasn't hurting anyone. I don't have any evidence Arbery was doing anything other than jogging, and either way, shooting him to death was the wrong thing to do to say the least.

Rittenhouse was less clear. I will also admit to having believed much of the disinformation last year, but I don't think his behavior can be condoned. If I were a juror, I would have voted not guilty because I believe in the presumption of innocence, but I bet there are a lot of people, especially people of color, who have been locked up with there being less evidence than with Rittenhouse, most of them with plea bargains. But that doesn't mean we should stop the presumption of innocence for someone else, and while Rittenhouse may be guilty of something in a court of morals, he was tried in a court of law.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »

If I were a juror, I would have voted not guilty because I believe in the presumption of innocence, but I bet there are a lot of people, especially people of color, who have been locked up with there being less evidence than with Rittenhouse, most of them with plea bargains.
People fixate on race in the "black Rittenhouse" hypothetical but a black guy with a $2 mil legal defense fund and the best counsel you can buy probably also walks; OJ did. The real injustice is that most kids (esp. most black kids) in a similar self-defense situation don't have $ and end up w/ an overworked PD who gets them to plead guilty.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »

If I were a juror, I would have voted not guilty because I believe in the presumption of innocence, but I bet there are a lot of people, especially people of color, who have been locked up with there being less evidence than with Rittenhouse, most of them with plea bargains.
People fixate on race in the "black Rittenhouse" hypothetical but a black guy with a $2 mil legal defense fund and the best counsel you can buy probably also walks; OJ did. The real injustice is that most kids (esp. most black kids) in a similar self-defense situation don't have $ and end up w/ an overworked PD who gets them to plead guilty.

Yes, sadly the justice system is to administer justice with respect to persons, and to do unequal right to the poor and to the rich.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 11:43:18 AM »

The "black Rittenhouse" is more likely to be shot before he goes to court. Rittenhouse, and this hypothetical person, relied on crowdfunding; OJ already had the trappings of wealth, fame and privilege.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 11:57:40 AM »

Agree with all 3

Rittenhouse is unambiguously an evil person with evil intentions who will hopefully never experience so much as a fleeting moment of happiness ever again, but at the end of the day, reasonable doubt is a serious thing and you can't convict in a case where the prosecutor made no effort to meet their burden
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 12:06:02 PM »

Rittenhouse is unambiguously an evil person with evil intentions who will hopefully never experience so much as a fleeting moment of happiness ever again

Damn dude
This guy's 17 lol
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »

Agree with all 3

Rittenhouse is unambiguously an evil person with evil intentions who will hopefully never experience so much as a fleeting moment of happiness ever again, but at the end of the day, reasonable doubt is a serious thing and you can't convict in a case where the prosecutor made no effort to meet their burden

Lol.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 05:19:59 PM »

Rittenhouse is guilty
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 05:27:49 PM »

Of what?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »

Agreed with all three overall.

I fully and wholeheartedly agree with the Rittenhouse and Arbery verdicts.

I believe that Chauvin was guilty of manslaughter, but not necessarily 2nd degree murder. Still, he acted improperly and I’m not shedding crocodile tears over the verdict.
Beebeebutt
Rookie
United States
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »

I think Chauvin was overcharged. He was certainly guilty of manslaughter, certainly NOT guilty of one of the murder charges, and possibly guilty of the other one.

Rittenhouse is innocent. Case closed.

Haven’t been following the Arbery case at all.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 10:55:12 PM »

All three verdicts were just and correct and prove that sometimes, the system DOES work. Inconvenient as that may be to certain ideologues on both sides.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2021, 02:30:01 AM »

Agree with all three. Wasn't sure on Rittenhouse but after looking into it with more depth I came to the conclusion that he was acting in self-defense and didn't come in with the intent to shoot African-Americans; rather, it was in defense. I do agree that were the races of him and those killed juxtaposed the black Rittenhouse would likely be convicted (and wrongly so), but I don't see why Rittenhouse should be punished for that. That's a problem in the system that must be fixed - and not by making it a problem for everyone (two wrongs don't make a right).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2021, 03:49:40 AM »

Agree with all three
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2021, 07:11:33 AM »

I think I agree with all of them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »

on the bright side, at least the Rittenhouse is guilty types are quiet here, but are we ever going to get an answer to the question
Can a red avatar who thinks Rittenhouse should be in prison explain the difference between this poll and the Rittenhouse poll?  Why do you think it is that everyone agrees Ahmad was murdered but only a handful of you and most of the mainstream media think Rosenbaum was?  It's weird, right?  If it was because we were racist or whatever, wouldn't there be a lot more people saying Ahmad wasn't murdered but was killed in self defense.  But you're not seeing that....
I get that you might not want to stick your head up right now since you would be made fun, but please, can one of 23.1% of us explain why so many people think Rittenhouse is innocent, but not the red necks from Georgia?
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 02:59:33 PM »

I agree with the Chauvin verdict and the Arbery verdict wholeheartedly.

That said, while I don't think Rittenhouse should've been found guilty on the homicide charges, he should've been found guilty on one or both of the reckless homicide charges. While i have no sympathy for the people he shot and at least in one or two of the shootings it was clearly self defense on Rittenhouse's part, he none the less went to a riot armed and looking for a fight, and I'm of the belief that no one, outside of law enforcement officers and National Guard troops going to restore order,  goes to a riot with good intentions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies