Commonwealth of Frémont • 22nd Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:20:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 22nd Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 22nd Parliament  (Read 524 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2021, 12:23:02 AM »

PARLIAMENT
OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF FRÉMONT

(1)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! This house will now come to order!

Well may we regard these days, the best among all ages, the brightest in our past or present, the fond remembrances of our future. For all the time to come, may only good and honest patriots govern under this roof.

Citizens and members may use this thread to introduce legislation, motions, and resolutions for the consideration of the house. I invite our new members to take the oath of office at their earliest convenience that we may proceed with the election of a speaker. In the meantime, as president of parliament, I will adjudicate in our proceedings.

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, first minister

(1) Wikimedia Commons.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:56:39 AM »

Co-written with MP FalterinArc, here's
AN ACT
To honor a literary icon

Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont assembled,
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Dreadnought Day Act.

Section 2. Establishment of Federal Holiday

1. In honor of the 5th anniversary of its initial printing, Monday, the twenty-fourth of January, two thousand and twenty-two, is hereby designated "Dreadnought Day", to be celebrated across Frémont.
2. Dreadnought Day is established as a full regional holiday for the Commonwealth of Frémont, and will continued to be celebrated as such annually on the twenty-fourth of January.
3. Annual festivities to honor Dreadnought will take place in Denver and Seattle.
4. The works Dreadnought and Sovereign are to be preserved by the regional government for safekeeping and to pass on to future generations.
5. April Daniels is recognized as a significant cultural contributor to the region.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »

COMMONWEALTH BUDGET
for the fiscal year of 2022

I. REVENUES

☞ Income Tax: $141,458,440,106
$0K – $125K (0%): $0
$125 – $200K (5%): $4,544,572,163
$200K – $1M (15%): $51,494,832,936
$1M – $10M (30%): $45,459,789,567
$10M – $100M (45%): $30,242,234,007
$100M+ (60%): $9,717,011,433

☞ Corporate Taxes: $222,721,286,871
$0 – 100K (0%): $0
$100K – 1M (20%): $1,052,287,645
$1M – 10M (40%): $7,087,226,512
$10M+ (60%): $214,581,772,714

☞ Excise Taxes: $34,984,493,310
Alcohol (15%): $13,087,791,871
Gas & Diesel ($0.30/gallon): $14,653,207,484
Tobacco (40%): $7,243,493,957

☞ Misc. Taxes and Penalties: $249,838,957,800
Fremont Carbon Taxation Act: $31,011,738,620
Green Vehicle Promotion Act § 2(ii): $3,602,574,479
Royalties Act:
Coal: $2,877,687,513
Gas: $1,500,722,750
Oil: $11,355,570,000
Gaming Tax: $5,100,495,700
Estate Tax (50%): $5,852,884,365
Drug Tax: $3,446,083,796
Lodging Facility Sales and Use Tax: $5,091,240,579.71
Property Tax: $180,000,000,000

☞ FY2020 Surplus: 18,159,573,897

II. EXPENDITURES

☞ Tax Credits: $1,660,474,443
Green Vehicle Promotion Act §2(i): $1,236,935,443
Teacher's Tax Credit: $423,539,000

☞ Mandatory Spending: $234,334,970,000 (List A)

☞ Discretionary Spending: $395,932,000,000
Education: $195,282,000,000
Health and Human Services: $130,676,000,000
Justice: $16,921,000,000
Home Office: $53,053,000,000

TOTAL REVENUES: $667,162,752,000
TOTAL EXPENDITURES: $631,927,444,400
TOTAL SURPLUS: $35,235,307,600

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2021, 01:25:57 PM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

Quote from: The Frémont is Dreadnought Country Act
AN ACT
To one-up Lincoln with regards to iconic Frémont literature

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Frémont is Dreadnought Country Act.

Section 2. Dreadnought In English Class

1. English I students in Frémont shall read Dreadnought as part of their curriculum.
2. English II students in Frémont shall read Sovereign as part of their curriculum.
3. Until the release of the as of yet untitled and unreleased sequel to Sovereign colloquially known as Dreadnought 3, English III/IV students (the classes shall be held back-to-back with the same teacher and students in the same year until the release of Dreadnought 3) in Frémont, alongside their non-Dreadnought curriculum, shall spend the first half of their curriculum (English III) writing short stories (at least seven pages long, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman) that represent what they think might happen in Dreadnought 3, taking advice from what Ms. Daniels has confirmed from the book if they need it. Peer review of these short stories shall be part of the second half of the curriculum (English IV).
4. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, English IV students in Frémont shall read it as part of their curriculum.

Section 3. Enforcement

1. Section 2, Provisions 1 through 3 shall take effect with the 2022-23 school year.
2. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, Section 2, Provision 3 shall be repealed effective immediately and replaced with Section 2, Provision 4.

Section 4. Addenda

1. A 33-foot tall statue (6:1 scale) with the likeness of Dreadnought is hereby commissioned to be put up in Tacoma.
2. Seattle Public Library shall receive five new copies of Sovereign.
I suspect MP Falterin will sponsor this for me. The Dreadnought statue is more to flex and is a non-essential part of the bill (and could very well go in Seattle, but I went with Tacoma because Tacoma is closer to the "curving line of mainland" that makes up part of the fictional New Port City than Seattle is. Of course, it doesn't make much sense to set up a dick measuring contest between regions over someone who exists in Atlasian canon (after all, Brigadier General Danielle Tozer does lead the Frémont National Guard), but it's fun).

EDIT: Thought of something that would be immensely useful for Falterin, even if it has no real-life effect and probably won't cause SPL to get new copies of Sovereign.

EDIT #2: Missed a few words in section 7.

EDIT #3: Similar revisions to the Lincoln version of this bill.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 10:48:15 PM »

Quote from: The Frémont is Dreadnought Country Act
AN ACT
To one-up Lincoln with regards to iconic Frémont literature

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Frémont is Dreadnought Country Act.

Section 2. Dreadnought In English Class

1. English I students in Frémont shall read Dreadnought as part of their curriculum.
2. English II students in Frémont shall read Sovereign as part of their curriculum.
3. Until the release of the as of yet untitled and unreleased sequel to Sovereign colloquially known as Dreadnought 3, English III/IV students (the classes shall be held back-to-back with the same teacher and students in the same year until the release of Dreadnought 3) in Frémont, alongside their non-Dreadnought curriculum, shall spend the first half of their curriculum (English III) writing short stories (at least seven pages long, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman) that represent what they think might happen in Dreadnought 3, taking advice from what Ms. Daniels has confirmed from the book if they need it. Peer review of these short stories shall be part of the second half of the curriculum (English IV).
4. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, English IV students in Frémont shall read it as part of their curriculum.

Section 3. Enforcement

1. Section 2, Provisions 1 through 3 shall take effect with the 2022-23 school year.
2. Upon the release of Dreadnought 3, Section 2, Provision 3 shall be repealed effective immediately and replaced with Section 2, Provision 4.

Section 4. Addenda

1. A 33-foot tall statue (6:1 scale) with the likeness of Dreadnought is hereby commissioned to be put up in Tacoma.
2. Seattle Public Library shall receive five new copies of Sovereign.
I suspect MP Falterin will sponsor this for me. The Dreadnought statue is more to flex and is a non-essential part of the bill (and could very well go in Seattle, but I went with Tacoma because Tacoma is closer to the "curving line of mainland" that makes up part of the fictional New Port City than Seattle is. Of course, it doesn't make much sense to set up a dick measuring contest between regions over someone who exists in Atlasian canon (after all, Brigadier General Danielle Tozer does lead the Frémont National Guard), but it's fun).

EDIT: Thought of something that would be immensely useful for Falterin, even if it has no real-life effect and probably won't cause SPL to get new copies of Sovereign.

EDIT #2: Missed a few words in section 7.

EDIT #3: Similar revisions to the Lincoln version of this bill.
Sponsoring
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 07:13:01 PM »

AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF FRÉMONT
prohibiting the sale and distribution of tobacco

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMONWEALTH.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the “Tobacco Prohibition Amendment.”
ii. This Act may be referred to as the “TP Amendment,” as our region is figuratively TP'ing the headquarters of tobacco manufacturers.

Section 2, SALE AND DISTRIBUTION.
i. The sale and distribution of products containing tobacco within the Commonwealth is hereby prohibited.
ii. Parliament and other governments under the authority of the Commonwealth may enforce this Section by legislation it deems necessary.

Section 3, CONSUMPTION.
i. Parliament shall pass no law punishing the voluntary consumption of tobacco products.
ii. It is the official stance of the Commonwealth that tobacco consumers are the victim, not the enemy.
iii. Parliament must allocate a portion of its budget to the rehabilitation of consumers of tobacco, and other related products if deemed necessary.

Section 4, ENACTMENT.
i. This amendment shall take effect starting in the Fiscal Year of 2023.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 04:44:52 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2022, 06:05:47 PM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

"Please let the first Frémont legislation of 2022 not be nerd sh**t..."
"With Peebs? No way!"
Quote from: Frémont Was A Bad Man Amendment
AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION
to rename the Commonwealth after someone who didn't massacre Atlasian Indians.

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be the "Frémont Was A Bad Man Amendment."

Section 2 (Renaming protocol)
i. All instances of "Frémont" in the Constitution of the Commonwealth shall be amended to read "Tozer."
II. All instances of "FT" in the Constitution of the Commonwealth shall be amended to read "TZ."
While I could wait until this reaches the floor to advocate the name change, I'm sure Truman is itching for me to cool it with the nerd sh**t, so I'll make it simple. John C. Frémont, our Commonwealth's current namesake, while "exploring" the Free West, committed some massacres against the American Indian peoples whom he met. Why "Tozer" for the new name? Easy. Brigadier General Danielle Tozer, the subject of the critically-acclaimed biographies Dreadnought and Sovereign, has killed plenty of people, but not only has she not committed any massacres against anybody, she has also saved the lives of many people she had no reason to save. I'm willing to be talked down to the Lincoln method, but I still want Tozer for the name of the region.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 05:50:47 PM »

"With Peebs? No way!"

Section 1 (Title)

i. All instances of "Frémont" in the Constitution of the Commonwealth shall be amended to read "Tozer."
While I could wait until this reaches the floor to advocate the name change, I'm sure Truman is itching for me to cool it with the nerd sh**t, so I'll make it simple. John C. Frémont, our Commonwealth's current namesake, while "exploring" the Free West, committed some massacres against the American Indian peoples whom he met. Why "Tozer" for the new name? Easy. Brigadier General Danielle Tozer, the subject of the critically-acclaimed biographies Dreadnought and Sovereign, has killed plenty of people, but not only has she not committed any massacres against anybody, she has also saved the lives of many people she had no reason to save. I'm willing to be talked down to the Lincoln method, but I still want Tozer for the name of the region.
You should also change the initials so that they aren't FT.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 06:23:15 PM »

"With Peebs? No way!"

Section 1 (Title)

II. All instances of "FT" in the Constitution of the Commonwealth shall be amended to read "TZ."
As I've been told that this won't even be considered, I'm withdrawing this.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 07:52:20 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To fight back against voter fraud

Section 1.

1. The Commonwealth of Frémont recognizes Donerail as the rightful governor of the South and offers its support against those trying to usurp his power.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To fight back against voter fraud

Section 1.

1. The Commonwealth of Frémont recognizes Donerail as the rightful governor of the South and offers its support against those trying to usurp his power.

An addendum:

2. This support is conditional that the government of the South repudiate any alliances with Wulfricist forces.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies