SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:12:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed)  (Read 7522 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: November 24, 2021, 01:37:58 AM »

This is an excellent resolution, however I offer the following amendment, just to make things a bit more clear:

LouisvilleThunder Resolution

- It is the Sense of the Senate that Governor LouisvilleThunder should have been found guilty of the criminal charges filed against him
- It is the further sense of the Senate that the actions of doxxing, hacking into a party's discord server, and refusing to accept the results of an election, are never acceptable and dishonor the very fabric of the republic of Atlasia
- The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby condemns Governor LouisvilleThunder for his aforementioned actions.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 01:57:52 AM »

He’s not a member of the senate so I have no idea why we are spending time on things such as this .

Whether or not he is a member is irrelevant. The Senate has the right to opine on any matter it so chooses.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:31:45 PM »

hacking into a party's discord server,

No one to my knowledge has alleged that that LT hacked anyone's discord account to gain access to the the Laborite discord server. Had this been the case, LT would have been certainly banned from discord I would think and likely would have gotten a stiffer penalty on this site as well. However, no one has previous to this point (unless I have missed something) alleged this, nor has any evidence been presented that proves such.

Instead, I was under the impression that it was widely acknowledged that someone already with access to the discord server in question voluntarily handed over the link to LT, which if correct again puts them in jeopardy under the current Atlasian law's broad language (see above) and furthermore obviously refutes any notion that this was a "hacking".

We have had examples of entry to accounts being obtained on the RPP private forum and with regards to at least two Atlas accounts (one in 2009 and another in 2015), that I am aware of and the last two resulted in bans from the site (one for several months and the latter was permanent).

Guess I should clarify what is being referred to here. I'm not referring to LT having legit hacked into another person's account in terms of guessing their password or similar. What I am referring to is him having people in Laborcord who send him stuff according to his orders, without Laborcord leaders consent or them even having any real knowledge that these accounts work for LT and not for them until it is too late. There have been admissions by Labor themselves of having to remove these "LT moles". It also cannot be ruled out that a sock of LT himself exists or existed on Laborcord.

If it would be helpful and appropriate I can gather some discord screenshots as evidence.

While this is not hacking in the most egregious sense, it is certainly using undercover and unethical means to gain access to information that honestly LT should not even know exists an ideal world. Further, LT is not some innocent bystander being sent this stuff by coincidence or finding it accidentally but has instead admitted he actively solicits such information.

I would greatly appreciate you gathering the screenshots.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 05:44:46 PM »

A vote has been started on this amendment.

Just for clarification, who’s amendment are we voting on?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 05:57:31 PM »

Aye
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 12:49:25 AM »

Senators, let’s stay focused and proceed with this vote. We have another amendment after this one as well.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 10:52:06 PM »

Aye
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 11:49:04 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2021, 05:56:46 PM by Senator WD »

Nay
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 04:08:34 AM »

I’m deeply confused myself. Is the current text of the resolution the amendment offered by Ishan?

Nonetheless, I would urge a NO vote on the Wulfric amendment.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 01:06:44 AM »

Aye
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2021, 10:47:40 PM »

Motioning for a final vote.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 10:52:37 PM »

The current resolution text, for everyone’s information:

Quote from: Amendment Offered

1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns LouisvilleThunder for his doxxing of an Atlasian.
2. The Senate further condemns him for his intentional, unauthorized pursuit of internal party information.
3. The Senate further condemns him for his refusal to accept the results of the June 2021 presidential election.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2021, 12:07:17 AM »

Again, I will reiterate that what people are convinced of ≠ what the law says, and offer an amendment that take that consideration into account.

Quote from: Amendment Offered

1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns LouisvilleThunder for his doxxing of an Atlasian.
21. The Senate further condemns him LouisvilleThunder for his intentional, unauthorized pursuit of internal party information.
32. The Senate further condemns him for his refusal to accept the results of the June 2021 presidential election.

(Y'all also really need to better format these bills.)

Let's not mix things up here again - Wouldn't the Senate need to vote down the final vote motion first to get to your amendment?

There would only be a vote on my motion (cloture) if someone objects, which has not occurred thus far.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2021, 10:39:15 PM »

Aye
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine