SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:42:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution (Passed)  (Read 7562 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2021, 01:23:22 PM »
« edited: December 24, 2021, 10:54:44 PM by Fmr. Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

Indeed, I withdrew the amendment, since with Ishan's amendment passed and under the precedent of changes being indicated by the bold and the other text being there for convenience only, an opponent to the bill could fairly say the text would become literally:

LouisvilleThunder Resolution

1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns LouisvilleThunder for his doxxing of an Atlasian.

having consensual unauthorized access to

And with Tack's amendment it would become:

1. The Senate of Atlasia condemns LouisvilleThunder for his doxxing of an Atlasian.

Therefore, LouisvilleThunder shall be considered guilty of doxxing

having  unauthorized access to

Therefore, LouisvilleThunder shall be considered guilty of Breach of the Peace

and sentences him to 6 months without the right to vote in elections in Atlasia + 1 year barred from holding office for the count of Breach of the Peace; plus 1 year without the right to vote plus 2 years barred from holding office for the count of doxxing.

As you can see the added words become nonsensical without the rest of the text.

Whether some modification to the Senate rules is necessary to create a situation where either substitutes like Ishan's amendment get moved to the very end of the debate, or where adopting amendments like mine and tack's in the future also brings back the surrounding text that was not explicitly bolded is a discussion for another thread though.

---

Anyways this is still pending if the Senate wishes to take it up:

Quote from: Wulfric Second Amendment

- It is the Sense of the Senate that Governor LouisvilleThunder should have been found guilty of the criminal charges filed against him
- It is the further sense of the Senate that the actions of doxxing, hacking into having consensual unauthorized access to a party's discord server, and refusing to accept the results of an election, are never acceptable and dishonor the very fabric of the republic of Atlasia
- The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia hereby condemns Governor LouisvilleThunder for his aforementioned actions.

Also will present this alternative:

2. The Senate further condemns him for his intentional, unauthorized pursuit of internal party information.
3. The Senate further condemns him for his refusal to accept the results of the June 2021 presidential election.

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2021, 01:25:05 PM »

2. Always keep the topic lines updated. It was second nature to always go back and update the op topic line. If it is by someone else, contact me I have no qualms about using edits for the integrity of the AFG board. If the topic lines are accurate it serves as a visual guide in place of the Noticeboard status and time information but you still need to keep those links accurate (see above) otherwise if you operate from AFG you are basically flying blind as to the full extent of the floor

Honestly those dozen Ishan threads are begging for this treatment right about now.

You got to know what is going on in the threads though. What do I put in for this one. Are we still at vote?

Oh yeah, hold on about that, the noticeboard is coming up in a couple minutes.

The Senate is really lucky that between procrastination and Red Bull I’m willing to bulldoze through all this on mobile.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2021, 01:28:26 PM »

2. Always keep the topic lines updated. It was second nature to always go back and update the op topic line. If it is by someone else, contact me I have no qualms about using edits for the integrity of the AFG board. If the topic lines are accurate it serves as a visual guide in place of the Noticeboard status and time information but you still need to keep those links accurate (see above) otherwise if you operate from AFG you are basically flying blind as to the full extent of the floor

Honestly those dozen Ishan threads are begging for this treatment right about now.

You got to know what is going on in the threads though. What do I put in for this one. Are we still at vote?

The Senate is really lucky that between procrastination and Red Bull I’m willing to bulldoze through all this on mobile.

How? How can anyone do this on mobile?

Aside from minor procedural acts, I always had to be at my desktop. Tongue
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2021, 01:32:50 PM »

Procrastination and Red Bull, duh.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2021, 06:14:10 PM »

Procrastination and Red Bull, duh.

So red bull gives you keyboard and mouse along with the wings?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2021, 12:18:11 AM »

You know what, sure I sponsor this, this seems like a good all around condemnation of LT's activities surrounding June 2021 and it also points out that the doxxing was not the only inappropriate thing he did.

2. The Senate further condemns him for his intentional, unauthorized pursuit of internal party information.
3. The Senate further condemns him for his refusal to accept the results of the June 2021 presidential election.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2021, 12:38:56 AM »

y'all are some snowflakes
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2021, 12:45:05 AM »

You know what, sure I sponsor this, this seems like a good all around condemnation of LT's activities surrounding June 2021 and it also points out that the doxxing was not the only inappropriate thing he did.

1. Didn't happen
2. All is fair in a game of love and war
3. I did concede the election

It's not like truth matters to a whole party though.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2021, 01:08:29 AM »

1. Didn't happen
2. All is fair in a game of love and war
3. I did concede the election

It's not like truth matters to a whole party though.

1. While a collection of unfortunate events means you got away with it from a legal perspective, doesn't mean it didn't happen

2. You don't want Labor invading FedCord/Conservacord, do you? So don't seek out Laborcord.

3. Uh, not before declaring victory, creating your own white house thread, considering several court challenges, and generally disturbing the peace. Further your actions appear to have created a whole party dedicated to further peddling the idea that the election was stolen.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »

So, is this adopted if no one objected?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2021, 01:25:03 AM »

Unless Cao called for objections, no.

One of the primary reasons why you cannot infer passage absent administrative intervention is because the PPT has the authority to toss frivolous and the like amendments. Therefore under the rules it is not possible for an amendment to be considered absent PPT acknowledgement.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2021, 01:27:00 AM »

One of the primary reasons why you cannot infer passage absent administrative intervention is because the PPT has the authority to toss frivolous and the like amendments. Therefore under the rules it is not possible for an amendment to be considered absent PPT acknowledgement.

The amendment that I sponsored is not frivolous, so I'm confused. Anyways, I thought amendments aren't formally acted on unless sponsored by a Senator. So any of Wulfric's amendments that weren't sponsored, shouldn't be considered, no?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2021, 02:21:44 AM »

The amendment that I sponsored is not frivolous, so I'm confused. Anyways, I thought amendments aren't formally acted on unless sponsored by a Senator. So any of Wulfric's amendments that weren't sponsored, shouldn't be considered, no?

I didn't say that it was frivolous. I said that because the PPT has the power to declare them so, they have to acknowledged each amendment in some form at minimum.

1. All amendments have to be sponsored by a sitting Senator
2. All amendments must be acknowledged by the presiding officer
3. No amendment will be passed unless voted on or via objection period
4. No amendment should be considered passed unless the presiding officer says it has.

There should not be divination or inference as to what is going on at any given moment. It should be clearly stated.

"Amendment X:XX has been adopted". "The vote on Amendment Y:YY has passed/rejected."
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2021, 03:15:56 AM »

honestly this is such a mess I wonder if it'd be best just to clean the slate by tabling this and re-introducing it next congress.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2021, 04:03:12 PM »

I didn't get my sanity scattered over three different continents to be told what is and isn't happening in the Senate that only one of us is a presiding officer for. The amendment should be formally acknowledged by such an officer, opened for objections, etc., before anything else happens.

So no, the 24 hours to object in fact starts now.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2021, 12:51:13 AM »

I will be objecting to the amendment.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2021, 12:52:34 AM »

A vote is open on Wulfric's amendment:

Quote from: Amendment Offered

72 hours to vote; please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2021, 12:56:11 AM »

nay
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2021, 01:01:38 AM »

Quote from: SR 106-09: LouisvilleThunder Resolution

Vote on Amendment:
NAY

Please accept this proxy for a final vote:
NAY

Please accept this proxy for tabling:
AYE
WD