What if Trump Won The 2020 Election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if Trump Won The 2020 Election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Trump Won The 2020 Election?  (Read 1439 times)
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:49:18 PM »
« edited: November 24, 2021, 12:40:08 PM by President Biden Democrat »

November 4th, 2020 (1am): Election Too Close To Call

President:

Pres. Donald Trump (R-FL)/V.P. Mike Pence (R-IN): 232 EV (I)
Fmr. V.P. Joe Biden (D-DE)/Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA): 227 EV

Senate:

Republicans: 50 Seats (I)
Democrats: 46 Seats
*Both races remain uncalled in Georgia.

House of Representatives:
Republicans: 207 Seats
Democrats: 207 Seats (I)

The Presidential Election has still not been decided. 6 States are still left uncalled. There has been little from either side in terms of a speech, though President Trump has been very active on twitter. Trump has claimed that they have won and election fraud was committed which is why the "election has not been declared yet by the fake news media." In the Senate, Republicans have reached 50 seats. If the party can get one more seat they will have an absolute majority and would not need Mike Pence as a tiebreaker. Democrats are at 46 seats and there hopes in the senate are very slim. In the House of Representatives, Republicans have leads in important races though the chamber has still not been decided.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:56:30 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2022, 11:19:12 AM by President Biden Democrat »

November 7th, 2020 (11am): 269-269 Election Tie

President:

Pres. Donald Trump (R-FL)/V.P. Mike Pence (R-IN): 269 EV (I)
Fmr. V.P. Joe Biden (D-DE)/Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA): 269 EV

Senate:

Republicans: 51 Seats (I) √
Democrats: 48 Seats
*1 race has been called in Georgia, the other will go to a runoff on January 5th, 2021.

House of Representatives:

Republicans: 218 Seats √
Democrats: 217 Seats (I)

The Presidential Election has still not been decided. Every state has been called though there is now an electoral tie. The states will ratify the results and the Electoral College will meet on January 14th, 2020. The election will likely be called for President Trump on January 6th, 2021 when Congress certifies the results. Trump has continued to claim that he has won by a convincing margin. In the Senate, Republicans have reached 51 seats and a majority. Democrats are at 48 seats and there will be a Special Election runoff on January 5th, 2021 to decide the remaining uncalled Georgia seat. In the House of Representatives, Republicans have taken the slightest of Majorities as they have a one seat majority. The next weeks and months until January 20th, will be very tense.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »

Things are going to get weird in the house if Luke Letlow still dies
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 08:26:34 PM »

A 269-269 tie
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »

I think a 269-269 tie is probably a worse outcome for this country than Trump winning outright.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 11:43:23 PM »

Things are going to get weird in the house if Luke Letlow still dies

Why?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 11:48:36 PM »

Tied House until Julia Letlow gets elected.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:23 PM »

That doesn't matter. The House elects the president state-by-state, with each state getting one vote. So if the election were to progress to the House, the Republicans would almost always win, and would win by a lot in this case. I do wonder how a delegation with an equal number of Democrats and Republicans would vote (like PA, which is 9-9, MI, which is 7-7, or MN, which is 4-4).
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 11:53:53 PM »

That doesn't matter. The House elects the president state-by-state, with each state getting one vote. So if the election were to progress to the House, the Republicans would almost always win, and would win by a lot in this case. I do wonder how a delegation with an equal number of Democrats and Republicans would vote (like PA, which is 9-9, MI, which is 7-7, or MN, which is 4-4).
Oh yeah. For some reason I just thought Falterin was talking about the speakership rather than the presidency.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 11:55:38 PM »

Oh yeah. For some reason I just thought Falterin was talking about the speakership rather than the presidency.

I think FalterinArc himself thinks that the president is elected with each representative getting one vote, since I don't know what else would make the vacancy in LA-05 such a big deal other than a tied house.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 12:25:28 AM »

I think FalterinArc himself thinks that the president is elected with each representative getting one vote, since I don't know what else would make the vacancy in LA-05 such a big deal other than a tied house.
I can assure you I do not. A house being unable to elect a speaker for potentially months is what I was referring to
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 02:03:40 AM »

I can assure you I do not. A house being unable to elect a speaker for potentially months is what I was referring to

Why? Do all 435 members need to be present for a vote? Or something else?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 02:09:39 AM »

A speaker needs to secure the support of a majority of the house. With a 217-217 tie, the house would likely be unable to find a speaker with majority support, that is at least until Ron Wright dies in February
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »

A speaker needs to secure the support of a majority of the house. With a 217-217 tie, the house would likely be unable to find a speaker with majority support, that is at least until Ron Wright dies in February

Ah.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 04:52:40 PM »

The majority of the house voting. If Salazar and Valadao are both absent due to COVID along with Hastings as OTL the Democrats have a 216-215 effective majority.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 10:55:51 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2022, 11:07:22 AM by President Biden Democrat »

November 10-30, 2020: Recounts, Lawsuits, Chaos

Many lawsuits have been submitted and filled in court which overall has upheld the results in every state. Joe Biden and the Democrats are trying to challenge the results in some states that were very close.

The result in Wisconsin had President Trump leading by 491 votes after the first recount and after the second recount, this lead had shrunk to 215 votes. In Arizona, President Trump leads Joe Biden by 1,822 votes. On the other side, Joe Biden only heads President Trump in Pennsylvania by 4,292 votes. President Trump has stated that he is very angry and has claimed that he won Michigan and Pennsylvania and he believes that "Biden and the phony Democrats stole the election from the real American First Americans." The claims are false, though they were made by the President. Biden and the Democrats have remained cordial though are angry as well.

There have also been many protests throughout the country, on both sides. Most Americans are angry and many do not know what will happen. The next few weeks are likely to be very interesting and dangerous at the same time.

December 14, 2020: Electoral College Meets, Tie Remains

Every 4 years on December 14th, 2020, the Electoral College meets. All states have to certify the election before this point. Despite all the lawsuits that were filed, the 269-269 remained and this was true after the Electoral College met as well. Unlike the 2016 Election, where Donald Trump won, there were no faithless electors who would have changed the election result. 1 faithless elector could have changed everything, but this did not happen in the end to the surprise of many. Now on January 6th, 2021, Congress will meet to officially certify the election. If a tie remains, which is very possible, then the House of Representatives will vote for the President and the Senate will vote for the Vice President, both of which favor Republicans.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 02:13:28 PM »

Well written!

It would have been hilarious to have a tie in the Senate and House as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 02:15:50 PM »

Well written!

So Mike Pence breaks the tie for himself to become president lol
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 02:25:45 PM »

Well written!

So Mike Pence breaks the tie for himself to become president lol

I'm not actually sure vice presidents have a tie breaking vote in electing a vice president. It could at least be questionable to begin with.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies