Atlas Conservative Party HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:00:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Conservative Party HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlas Conservative Party HQ  (Read 2205 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »

First off I would like to apologize for missing the declaration deadline, last week my hours were substantially increased unexpectedly and this had the effect of reducing my presence on the forum.

That being said I would still like to earn and have your support in this upcoming election. Like you, I am committed the preservation of paygo in both houses of Congress, while only a first step there is a marked difference between what came before and what has come since in terms of responsibility and making sure bills are funded. I am also firmly committed to the protection of our Federal constitution and the Article One Bill Rights, as well as the balanced system of representation and restraint on power that prevents the undesirable concentration, whether sought or unsought of power in the hands of the few at the expense of the many.

My underlying philosophy in this game for the past ten years has been that concentration of authority leads to tyranny and the only way to protect our freedom and preserve the longevity of the game is to create a system that denies such an aggregation of power into the hands of the few in Nyman and the resulting stripping of rights from the regions and freedom from the people. Both from a perspective of freedom and from a perspective of the strength of the game, this holds true for a game that shuts anyone out is remarkably weaker and sets down the path of a tiny, exclusive game dominated by an insular clique of leftists and their few token righties they admit into the club. Such a model is as wicked as it is hostile to the game.

When it comes to the matter of the deficit and debt, I was one of the few that called out the danger of being financially dependent on the foreign creditors when we were at war with one of the biggest holders of our debt. Though the war may be over, we remain as always vulnerable and it is essential that we maintain the progress that we have made such as with paygo and going further that we not only resist firmly the clarion call on the left for more deficit spending, but we make further gains eliminating unnecessary programs and spending and funding those that are necessary to be kept.

I think the family is and has been under assault for much of the past few decades. However, most of the damage in my opinion has been inflicted not by cultural decline, though that has played a part, but far more so by the actions of a big government trying to enforce its will through fiat, with the price being loved ones getting pulled apart. From war to the war on drugs, the government has been no friend of build cohesive, stable family units in almost any department or avenue of its utilization. One brings to mind the picture that Mr. Reactionary often posts of a tank blowing up a building with a caption, "we are the government, we are here to help".

I know we may take different approaches on some of the finer points and I realize we might take different courses in terms of strategy and tactics, but on the biggest questions of the day, I believe we agree fundamentally, and therefore I would like to earn your vote this weekend for Atlasian Senate.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »

I can think of five reasons not to vote for you.

1. Young Texan has always been about what is best for Young Texan first, and his constituents last.

2. Young Texan was a terrible federalist in the CoD, consistently blocking conservative bills as the swing vote, on items crucial to the social conservatives. He was effectively a member of labor there.

3. Young Texan worked behind the scenes to isolate conservatives through bullying tactics, including but not limited to, claiming that said member was the only member who believed in such things. I was gravely concerned about this behaviour and it has not changed whenever someone does something you disagree with.

4. Young Texan has an awful voting record as a Federalist. He does not have a voting record to suggest that he will further the cause of social conservatives in any way shape or form.

5. Young Texan filed a motion of censure rather than attempting to work with a fellow party member.

Include recall in the above, and Young Texan is not the man. We can do better as governor.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 06:06:06 PM »

I would like to earn your vote this weekend for Atlasian Senate.

Thank you very much for your presentation Yankee. It is good to see you!

I would like to initiate a motion for the acp to formally endorse Yankee for the Senate. He has excellent credentials and has long been a force for good.

Do I have a seconder.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 06:14:31 PM »

I would like to earn your vote this weekend for Atlasian Senate.

Thank you very much for your presentation Yankee. It is good to see you!

I would like to initiate a motion for the acp to formally endorse Yankee for the Senate. He has excellent credentials and has long been a force for good.

Do I have a seconder.

I'll second it.

(I'll put a vote up on that later, when I'm not on mobile)

Also can we please not turn this thread into something for arguments?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 06:25:00 PM »

Excellent fhtagn!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »

YT, we have already been motioned out by the Chair. We will have to take this elsewhere.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »

I know YT's positions, and as a social conservative myself, I felt that I was represented when he was Governor, and Representative. I felt myself comfortable endorsing him for election and re-election, and worked with him on socially conservative projects in the South, like the abortion bill.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 03:55:01 AM »

Current Running Tally

Chair:
[9] fhtagn
[-] write in: __________

Vice Chair:
[9] 1184AZ

Convention City:
[6] New Orleans, LA
[3] Montgomery, AL

Should DavidB. be granted Active Party Member Status?
[9] Yes
[-] No
[-] Abstain

Should the Atlas Conservative Party endorse Young Texan for Southern Governor?
[7] Yes
[1] No
[1] Abstain

Gentlemen please let us not air dirty laundry in public. Understandable to have disagreements and protect oneself from attack. I trust we can be civil here and we can have a pow wow elsewhere.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »

Chair:
[ x ] fhtagn
[  ] write in: __________

Vice Chair:
[ x ] 1184AZ

Convention City:
[ x ] New Orleans, LA
[  ] Montgomery, AL

Should DavidB. be granted Active Party Member Status?
[ x ] Yes
[  ] No
[  ] Abstain

Should the Atlas Conservative Party endorse Young Texan for Southern Governor?
[ x ] Yes
[  ] No
[  ] Abstain
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2019, 07:57:44 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 10:47:08 PM by fhtagn »

Active Party Member Votes: 10/13

fhtagn is elected Chair of the ACP.

1184AZ is elected Vice Chair of the ACP.

Next month's convention will take place in New Orleans, LA.

DavidB. is now an Active Party Member.

Young Texan has been endorsed for Southern Governor.

Side Note: It is unfortunately a bit late for starting a vote to endorse North Carolina Yankee for Southern Senate. However, from a personal standpoint, it is my hope that Southern ACP members support him in this weekend's election.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2019, 02:13:29 AM »

Party Chair fhtagn goes on stage at ACP election HQ in Nyman, DC...

Thank you all for coming out here tonight, and for coming out this past weekend!

As a new and upcoming party, we were unsure about how we would approach this past weekend's election, especially with Easter taking place on the last day. We ran some very active campaigns in Fremont and the South, as well as a national campaign for the House. All of our hard work paid off this weekend with an 85% turnout in the party, and wins in the Fremont Parliament, Southern Chamber of Delegates, and the House of Representatives.

While we didn't run large slates like other parties, this weekend truly was a turquoise wave.

Thank you to everyone who made this happen for me and Muaddib, in your endorsements, your GOTV messages, and your votes in the voting booths. And congratulations to Muaddib for running an active campaign, and easily winning his first election in Atlasia. We are all excited to see the work you will do in the Southern Chamber.

In a few weeks, we will all be gathering again in New Orleans to prepare for the next elections in June, and I am excited to see what is in store for our party then!

Enjoy your night, don't celebrate too hard, and Dave Bless Atlasia!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:07 AM »

Turquoise Wave just sounds so pedantic and awkward!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2019, 08:09:56 AM »

Turquoise Wave just sounds so pedantic and awkward!

Boi don't kill my excitement Tongue
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »

We're the conservative party, what else do you expect? Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2019, 11:08:08 PM »

First ACP Convention has opened!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=320868.0
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2021, 04:46:29 AM »

Now that I've had some time to reflect, I genuinely miss this True Conservative Movement! Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2021, 05:03:22 AM »

You are lucky I am so lenient on necroing for the sake of reviving old projects and such. Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2021, 04:34:38 PM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2021, 06:06:16 PM »

Ah sh**t, here we go again.