Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J  (Read 3651 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2021, 05:18:22 PM »

Not that it matters, but the democrats lost me today. Guess I’m voting R or blank in 2022 and 2024.

Well, that's a very stupid reason to not vote Democratic.  People should just be able to ignore subpoenas, eh?

I suspect you were never going to vote Democratic anyway.  As such, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for misrepresenting yourself as a swing voter.
I don’t know what gave you the idea I’m pro law and order. I’m anti-institution.

Anyhow I could still vote for Biden if he makes clear that this was the DOJ going rogue.

Regardless, I voted for Kerry and Obama. So I don’t need to “prove” I’m a swing voter.

I wonder why on a forum full of such smart people and in presence of ample discussion on the problematic nature of engaging in this kind of political reductionism where everything is reduced to a simple linear construct, that people continue to do so here.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

As of now, who are all the former Trump admin officials who've been grilled by the Jan 6 Committee?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »

Not that it matters, but the democrats lost me today. Guess I’m voting R or blank in 2022 and 2024.

Well, that's a very stupid reason to not vote Democratic.  People should just be able to ignore subpoenas, eh?

I suspect you were never going to vote Democratic anyway.  As such, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for misrepresenting yourself as a swing voter.
I don’t know what gave you the idea I’m pro law and order. I’m anti-institution.

Anyhow I could still vote for Biden if he makes clear that this was the DOJ going rogue.

Regardless, I voted for Kerry and Obama. So I don’t need to “prove” I’m a swing voter.

I wonder why on a forum full of such smart people and in presence of ample discussion on the problematic nature of engaging in this kind of political reductionism where everything is reduced to a simple linear construct, that people continue to do so here.

BG-NY voted for Kerry and Obama and has showed his vote is not locked in for either party over the course of this year. That's all the proof he needs to be credibly considered a swing voter in the present.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2021, 05:44:24 PM »

Rs are so hypocrisy, not only did Trump, call on Hillary to stop the recounts when he won by 50 K votes in Rust belt by Gary Johnson, they demanded documents between both Clintons in Lewinsky and Benghazi
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2021, 09:43:52 PM »

Rs are so hypocrisy, not only did Trump, call on Hillary to stop the recounts when he won by 50 K votes in Rust belt by Gary Johnson, they demanded documents between both Clintons in Lewinsky and Benghazi
Not every republican cares about Lewinski or Benghazi. I for one only really cared about the Clinton Foundation scandals.

While I like Bannon, I had less of an issue with him being arrested in the wall thing. It looks like he was just on an advisory board in retrospect but at the time he looked like a scammer. I don’t respect the DOJ or Congress on the other hand.

Also, in terms of tipping point state, 2020 was closer than 2016 (0.63% vs 0.77%). People in glass houses…
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2021, 10:18:33 PM »

BG-NY voted for Kerry and Obama and has showed his vote is not locked in for either party over the course of this year. That's all the proof he needs to be credibly considered a swing voter in the present.

That is precisely my point, there is this image of the "swing voter" as some neoliberal suburbanite whereas everyone who has some nationalist inclinations must be an extreme right winger.

All four quadrants on the political matrix converge on the center. Though I would argue that the political matrix fails to capture under aspects of political expression such as an axis dealing with establishment versus populism. It is necessarily hard to display a 3-D construct in a 2-D space, obviously.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2021, 05:59:33 AM »

The House is out of control in going after political opponents.

No logically thinking and reasonable person could genuinely believe this is case of “going after political opponents.”

Obviously, it is. Otherwise, they could appoint a special counsel or something.

I guess, when Dems did, they thought, Trump would be a factor in 2022. But VA/NJ etc proved them wrong. Biden, Dems and the economy is the main factors. T-Mac's sore attempts to talk about TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP backfired spectacularly. Imagine, it's 2022, people have bread-and-butter issues, and this Jan 6 Witch Hunt is still going on. Oh, Dems will be massacred.

Congress has 0 need or historical basis to appoint special counsel every time they want to engage in a  Hearing or investigation that is It's not 100% by partisan, which is effectively everything right now. These are sapinas, not RSVP invitations. Either go to court and show good cause  Under the law to get the sapina squashed, or show up and testify.

You are a hack of the worst sort on a good day. don't add whining to the list as well.. Suck it up Bannon boy!

Whining? You seem to have reading comprehension problems. I'm glad, it's happening, because I think, it will hurt Dems in midterms. Don't be surprised when you get polls like this one
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

when Dems priority is Bannon circus and not bread-and-butter issues.

BTW, Bannon likely knew, that was coming, LMAO. It's more like political show for him, where is an actor who will perform an act.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »

That is precisely my point, there is this image of the "swing voter" as some neoliberal suburbanite whereas everyone who has some nationalist inclinations must be an extreme right winger.

All four quadrants on the political matrix converge on the center. Though I would argue that the political matrix fails to capture under aspects of political expression such as an axis dealing with establishment versus populism. It is necessarily hard to display a 3-D construct in a 2-D space, obviously.
The establishments of both parties push that "neoliberal suburbanite swing voter" to justify them shilling themselves out to corporations, instead of probably gaining more voters by being more protectionist and anti-wall street.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2021, 10:50:21 AM »

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »

Honestly, my 2024 vote will be determined based on who has the best positions on my core three issues: trade, immigration, foreign policy. If it’s the democrat, I will vote blue.

Like I said in the other thread, I am a transactionalist. All I care about is results on my pet issues. I don’t believe in red lines otherwise. Maybe it makes me a bad person, but at least I’m an honest person.

I will be putting together a mini-project in the coming weeks. Will look at Dem/GOP nominees (and maybe primaried as time permits - not yet sure how far I will go back) and how they stand on my core three issues. I am interested in learning who I would support historically.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »

LOL, a very Trumpy statement. The orange buffoon most likely wrote it himself. My favorite part is "Ganzalez, Reed and Kinzinger already QUIT"; in all caps.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »

Are you able to admit that Trump lost yet? It's been over a year.

It's easy to deflect and to change the topic. I will respond though. It's also an easy "attack" to misrepresent my comments consistently.

As I already said on here multiple times I don't know if the election was fair or not but I am leaning toward that there was at least some unfairness in the election proceedings toward Pres. Biden. I am assuming that Pres. Biden would have won anyway w/o tipping the scales, due to COVID, protests, etc.

I have also recognized Biden as my President (and Trump as a Former President) since Jan. 20. I disagree with those that say "Let's go, Brandon" or F#ck Biden because I believe the current occupant of the Office of President deserves respect regardless of party or ideology.
"I'm not saying for certain that the moon landing was false, I'm just saying I don't know for sure"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »

There must be consequences for ignoring Congressional subpoenas, otherwise the subpoena power is worthless.  This is true regardless of which party is issuing the subpoenas.

What about consequences for lying to Congress? Fauci should be indicted too.

Oh baby, indicting Fauci and Steve Bannon? That would be a dream come true for me!

How strange. Why not just dream about girls like other 15 year olds?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »

I suspect you were never going to vote Democratic anyway.  As such, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for misrepresenting yourself as a swing voter.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2021, 02:40:31 PM »

I split my ticket in 2020 and voted straight Democratic in 2018 but these are the types of attitudes that are pushing Independents like myself into the arms of the GOP (and greatly encourage one to vote straight ticket R next election day).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »

Adam Schiff says the Jan. 6 committee will "move quickly" to refer Mark Meadows for criminal contempt.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2021, 02:36:04 AM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »

Trump ally Steve Bannon surrenders after his indictment on two counts of contempt of Congress

Steve Bannon, a former adviser to former President Donald Trump, turned himself in to the FBI Monday morning after being indicted on criminal contempt charges for refusing to cooperate with the House committee investigating January 6.

Bannon was defiant when addressing TV cameras, saying, "We're taking down the Biden regime."

Bannon, 67, was charged last week with one count related to his refusal to appear for a deposition and another related to his refusal to produce documents to the House committee investigating January 6. Each count carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, the Department of Justice said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/politics/steve-bannon/index.html
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2021, 10:33:51 AM »

BOOM!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »

Trump ally Steve Bannon released from custody pending trial on contempt of Congress charges

Steve Bannon won't be detained before trial on charges of contempt of Congress after he failed to comply with subpoenas from the House committee investigating January 6.

Bannon, a former adviser to former President Donald Trump, appeared in federal court for the first time Monday. He will be arraigned on Thursday.

Prosecutors did not seek to detain Bannon before trial. Under conditions approved by the judge, Bannon agreed to weekly check-ins, to surrender his passport, provide notice of any travel outside the district and seek court approval for travel outside the continental United States.

Each count carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/politics/steve-bannon/index.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2021, 02:39:37 PM »

Another fan of "rules for thee, but not for me".
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »

Why is Steve Bannon that important to you?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »

Perhaps he believes that all Americans should be free to ignore lawful subpoenas if they feel like it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2021, 04:35:42 PM »

I split my ticket in 2020 and voted straight Democratic in 2018 but these are the types of attitudes that are pushing Independents like myself into the arms of the GOP (and greatly encourage one to vote straight ticket R next election day).

Seriously, what is with people like you and low info voter who actually get fired up  Is about and Base their votes upon ( Check notes)  people deciding to unilaterally ignore lawful sapinas by Congress?  What kind of hard on do you have about protecting trump in hit's about protecting trump and his cronies from their involvement is it in the January 6th insurrection that this is what you actually base your ballot upon?

Almost as  Adorable is there apparent belief that so called swing voters who are going to change their ballot in the midterm over this is actually some measurable millifraction of is still a fraction of the electorate..
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »

Two things:

(1) I think he is the preeminent thought leader on the American anti-internationalist right and has moved the GOP away from Reagan and Bush.
(2) I don’t respect the authority of the DOJ. I am anti-institutions. All they do is keep UMC nimby whites content.

The closest I came to abandoning Trump was when he fired Bannon (tied with Cohn saying they’d rejoin TPP before he was canned).

Anyhow I got over it quickly. Read my posts later in the thread. I’ll vote for whoever is better on my top issues. I am a transactionalist, I have no red lines.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies