SR 106-07: Censuring and condemning Chief Justice Windjammer.... (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-07: Censuring and condemning Chief Justice Windjammer.... (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SR 106-07: Censuring and condemning Chief Justice Windjammer.... (Failed)  (Read 3771 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2021, 06:19:25 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

A RESOLUTION
Censuring and condemning Chief Justice Windjammer for disgracing and debasing his office

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section I. Title

Whereas, Chief Justice Windjammer presided over the case, People of the Republic of Atlasia V. LouisvilleThunder

Whereas, the Supreme Court decided to dismiss said case, and criticism of the decision was offered by Lincoln General Court member CraneHusband, and several others privately.

Whereas, in response to such criticism, the Chief Justice made the following statements;

I know your names.
My vengeance will be terrible.
I will screw up your careers.
Resolved by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia, that the Senate:

1.) Publicly states that Chief Justice Windjammer has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law.

2.) Censures and Condemns Chief Justice Windjammer for debasing and disgracing his office and himself by using the bench to make threats against elected officials of the Republic of Atlasia.
Sponsor: CraneHusband

The gentleman from Massachusetts is recognized.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 08:12:04 AM »

Well?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 11:36:03 AM »

Lol
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 12:01:27 PM »

Thank you Mr. PPT.

This bill primarily is a reaction to Chief Justice Windjammer's conduct, as cited above. While the Court may arrive at conclusions which are unpopular, using the bench to threaten opponents either materially or politically goes beyond the pale. When it comes to behavior, the Court is indeed accountable to the people of Atlasia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 12:16:41 PM »

If I were senator I would question the interest of passing a motion censuring someone who isn't a senator as this is a procedure for senator but anyway, I'm not part of the senate so I will not start an argument regarding that.

Thank you Mr. PPT.

This bill primarily is a reaction to Chief Justice Windjammer's conduct, as cited above. While the Court may arrive at conclusions which are unpopular, using the bench to threaten opponents either materially or politically goes beyond the pale. When it comes to behavior, the Court is indeed accountable to the people of Atlasia.

It's funny how one-sided it is. I made these comments against you when you and many others were attempting to remove me for office because I dismissed the case you filed after a unanimous decision. You really don't see a problem with that when there is basically a mob threatening supreme court justices when they do not side with you? This is infringing the independence of justice.

But anyway, as I am catholic and I believe in forgiveness I will offer an olive branch. If you admit your behavior was wrong about plotting behind the scenes to overthrow the entire judiciary system because they didn't side with you, I will apologize to you as well.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 12:33:43 PM »

If I were senator I would question the interest of passing a motion censuring someone who isn't a senator as this is a procedure for senator but anyway, I'm not part of the senate so I will not start an argument regarding that.

Thank you Mr. PPT.

It's funny how one-sided it is. I made these comments against you when you and many others were attempting to remove me for office because I dismissed the case you filed after a unanimous decision. You really don't see a problem with that when there is basically a mob threatening supreme court justices when they do not side with you? This is infringing the independence of justice.

But anyway, as I am catholic and I believe in forgiveness I will offer an olive branch. If you admit your behavior was wrong about plotting behind the scenes to overthrow the entire judiciary system because they didn't side with you, I will apologize to you as well.

No one was plotting to overthrow you, Mr. Nixon. Many thought - and some still think - the decision went outside the boundaries of typical jurisprudence. You certainly didn't help your case by making multiple comments to the effect that you would prefer it didn't go to trial. We've accepted the decision, while a bad one, was within normal protocol and not corrupt. But considering you for impeachment was completely constitutional, as the current measure is (and respectfully we are absolutely able to symbolically discipline you within the confines of the Senate.) Your threats and other contemptible behavior were not. Ergo, you are in the wrong here. I have done nothing but faithfully serve the people of Atlasia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 12:37:56 PM »

Thank you Mr. PPT.

No one was plotting to overthrow you, Mr. Nixon. Many thought - and some still think - the decision went outside the boundaries of typical jurisprudence. You certainly didn't help your case by making multiple comments to the effect that you would prefer it didn't go to trial. We've accepted the decision, while a bad one, was within normal protocol and not corrupt. But considering you for impeachment was completely constitutional, as the current measure is (and respectfully we are absolutely able to symbolically discipline you within the confines of the Senate.) Your threats and other contemptible behavior were not. Ergo, you are in the wrong here. I have done nothing but faithfully serve the people of Atlasia.

You were considering to overthrow me because you didn't like the way the supreme court ruled. I would have more respect for you if you were more honest about what you wanted to do. You were not the only one, even Truman considered it as well for a brief moment. But in the end Truman and I ended up mending and things moved on.

And as for "I have nothing but faithfully serve the people of Atlasia", the court unanimously ruled you filed a lawsuit way too late and the reason was because you were actually trying to blow Atlasia by supporting the secession of Lincoln
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 12:47:00 PM »

Thank you Mr. PPT.

You were considering to overthrow me because you didn't like the way the supreme court ruled. I would have more respect for you if you were more honest about what you wanted to do. You were not the only one, even Truman considered it as well for a brief moment. But in the end Truman and I ended up mending and things moved on.

And as for "I have nothing but faithfully serve the people of Atlasia", the court unanimously ruled you filed a lawsuit way too late and the reason was because you were actually trying to blow Atlasia by supporting the secession of Lincoln

Your continued delusion and paranoia are just more evidence that you should be formally reprimanded for your behavior.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »

Thank you Mr. PPT.

Your continued delusion and paranoia are just more evidence that you should be formally reprimanded for your behavior.
This is based on loggs I received.

And I didn't appreciate at all the comments you were making behind my back about how I am some insane psychopath, mentally disturbed etc.

I separate Atlasia from IRL, it's really sad you're incapable of doing that and have to resort to personal attacks.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 12:59:35 PM »

Windjammer got scapegoated and reacted badly. Don't think there's anything more to it, tbh.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 01:00:25 PM »

Windjammer got scapegoated and reacted badly. Don't think there's anything more to it, tbh.
Yes and I FULLY agree with that.

I'm willing to make amends if the other side wants to do it and move on.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »

tbf impeachment WAS discussed in the immediate aftermath of the decision, so I don't think "Nobody was plotting to overthrow you" is exactly accurate.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 02:04:12 PM »

This entire debacle is odd and so random to me. I absolutely want this legislation tabled until we get more answers. Since Crane wants Windjammer censored and condemned, if he is found to be operating in bad faith, lying, misrepresenting the situation in any way, or proven to have antagonized Windjammer, the same should also apply to you. We need more information about you and the others who were discussing Justice Windjammer. If this legislation is nothing more than hogwash, you should be forced to resign.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »

This entire debacle is odd and so random to me. I absolutely want this legislation tabled until we get more answers. Since Crane wants Windjammer censored and condemned, if he is found to be operating in bad faith, lying, misrepresenting the situation in any way, or proven to have antagonized Windjammer, the same should also apply to you. We need more information about you and the others who were discussing Justice Windjammer. If this legislation is nothing more than hogwash, you should be forced to resign.

To sum up the situation, Cranehusband filed a lawsuit against Louisville. The supreme court unanimously dismissed it because all the supreme court justices believed it was filled way too late (Cranehusband was busy trying to make Lincoln secede). As Chief Justice, I posted the opinion of the court on that.

And this is when there were people who got really upset about my decision. Wulfric for example opened a thread to start impeachment proceedings against me. And someone leaked me on discord that there was a discord channel who was considering my impeachment. And crane was the main one behind it.

So I "overreacted" and I said these comments. I would be willing to make amends about it but Crane utterly denies it his wrongdoing.

Truman basically confirmed in this thread that these impeachment proceedings were being discussed just after I posted the trial so I'm not lying.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »

To sum up the situation, Cranehusband filed a lawsuit against Louisville. The supreme court unanimously dismissed it because all the supreme court justices believed it was filled way too late (Cranehusband was busy trying to make Lincoln secede). As Chief Justice, I posted the opinion of the court on that.

And this is when there were people who got really upset about my decision. Wulfric for example opened a thread to start impeachment proceedings against me. And someone leaked me on discord that there was a discord channel who was considering my impeachment. And crane was the main one behind it.

So I "overreacted" and I said these comments. I would be willing to make amends about it but Crane utterly denies it his wrongdoing.

Truman basically confirmed in this thread that these impeachment proceedings were being discussed just after I posted the trial so I'm not lying.

How are you the chief justice and you don't know the difference between a lawsuit and a criminal proceeding? First mistake.

Second mistake: There was no discord server discussing your impeachment. I'd welcome you to provide evidence of such a thing. There was a thread made (not by me) discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL METHOD of removing you from office for perceptions of incompetence and/or corruption, which you certainly haven't managed to shake off with your actions here!

It's truly hilarious that you dismissed that case, which was based on wrongdoing in a Discord server, and are now attempting to justify your foolish and contemptible behavior with, as best I can tell, faulty information you got from Discord chat logs you freely admit illicitly being in receipt of. Perhaps you were so unwilling to hear a case against doxxing because it would open a can of worms against your own activities?

You are embarrassing yourself and the whole Court.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 03:21:51 AM »

How are you the chief justice and you don't know the difference between a lawsuit and a criminal proceeding? First mistake.

Well, I know the difference between the two thank you very much. But I fail to see the point of discussing about it in a thread that has nothing to do with that?

Second mistake: There was no discord server discussing your impeachment. I'd welcome you to provide evidence of such a thing. There was a thread made (not by me) discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL METHOD of removing you from office for perceptions of incompetence and/or corruption, which you certainly haven't managed to shake off with your actions here

Truman literally said on the floor that you were discussing about my impeachment just after the ruling.
And again this was a UNANIMOUS ruling, it's basically your hidden agenda since the beginning, you can't stand the fact the court ruled against you.

Perhaps you were so unwilling to hear a case against doxxing because it would open a can of worms against your own activities?

What do you mean? You're making baseless accusations as always, so please go ahead and explain your reasoning
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »

Well, I know the difference between the two thank you very much. But I fail to see the point of discussing about it in a thread that has nothing to do with that?

I mean, if you're going to bring it up in your own defense you should at least pretend to have a clue what you're talking about.

Second mistake: There was no discord server discussing your impeachment. I'd welcome you to provide evidence of such a thing. There was a thread made (not by me) discussing the CONSTITUTIONAL METHOD of removing you from office for perceptions of incompetence and/or corruption, which you certainly haven't managed to shake off with your actions here

Truman literally said on the floor that you were discussing about my impeachment just after the ruling.
And again this was a UNANIMOUS ruling, it's basically your hidden agenda since the beginning, you can't stand the fact the court ruled against you.

I'm going to take that as a "no", then. You would think someone involved in the judicial process for a long time would know that you need a firm foundation of fact before you start rattling off paranoid delusions.

Perhaps you were so unwilling to hear a case against doxxing because it would open a can of worms against your own activities?

What do you mean? You're making baseless accusations as always, so please go ahead and explain your reasoning

Based on the way you've acted here, I can definitely see you doxxing somebody because you feel you might lose your grip on power for a position in an online game. You had no qualms about begging people for invites to discord servers the majority of its members would never want you in to try to catch people in the act of disloyalty to yourself.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 03:35:25 PM »

I mean, if you're going to bring it up in your own defense you should at least pretend to have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm going to take that as a "no", then. You would think someone involved in the judicial process for a long time would know that you need a firm foundation of fact before you start rattling off paranoid delusions.

Based on the way you've acted here, I can definitely see you doxxing somebody because you feel you might lose your grip on power for a position in an online game. You had no qualms about begging people for invites to discord servers the majority of its members would never want you in to try to catch people in the act of disloyalty to yourself.

I have never doxxed anyone in my life and this is a serious accusation you're making based on literally nothing. You could be charged for defamation for that IRL.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 03:43:20 PM »

Let's not make unfounded accusations, folks. In fact, this is a clearly unproductive conversation - can we take it to DMs or perhaps just stop, pretty please?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2021, 03:45:02 PM »

Let's not make unfounded accusations, folks. In fact, this is a clearly unproductive conversation - can we take it to DMs or perhaps just stop, pretty please?

I mean, in my case I moved on from this incident. It's him who restarted everything with this censuring charade. Frankly this is really really low to accuse someone of doxxing because you don't like him.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2021, 05:09:15 PM »

The Senate can pass resolutions expressing its view on various matters that aren't internal to the Senate. As the concept of censure has no formal impact on the rights of the officer in question, labeling such a process as a censure doesn't imply any such indications regarding the individual in question therefore the grounds don't exist to challenge the process on strict constitutionality as such.

If this were say a process that tried to remove a Chief Justice from office via some path other than impeachment, say if the Senate tried to use its own expulsion procedures against another branch that would clearly be in violation of the express provisions of the constitution, which grants such powers to the Senate only for the purposes of its own members.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »

tbf impeachment WAS discussed in the immediate aftermath of the decision, so I don't think "Nobody was plotting to overthrow you" is exactly accurate.

Indeed, "we need impeachment in order to get the desired ruling" was a statement expressed in public by one of the critics, so it was not unreasonable to presume an assertive effort to by more than just this one individual.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 07:37:30 PM »

I have never doxxed anyone in my life and this is a serious accusation you're making based on literally nothing. You could be charged for defamation for that IRL.

I was not accusing you of doxxing, I was merely suggesting that it would not be outside of the realm of possibility based on your discord behavior I just described.

But, I agree. Let's move on. You clearly lack the reflective capacity to accept any wrongdoing and your continued display of such does nothing to help anyone involved.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2021, 07:49:43 PM »

I guess if I misunderstood the difference between "constitutional impeachment" and "coup d'état" as Windjammer seems to, I would be confused, too.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2021, 09:50:23 PM »

I will oppose this measure
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: