SB 106-05: New Great Society Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:19:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 106-05: New Great Society Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 106-05: New Great Society Act (Passed)  (Read 4858 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: December 05, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »

Well I would've objected to that amendment if I had a chance, and I didn't but I do believe it deserves a vote, so I'll introduce this, with the hope that Western objects:

5. Use of Atlasian iron, steel, and manufactured goods
None of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this title may be used for a infrastructure project unless all of the iron, steel, and manufactured goods used in the project are produced in the Republic of Atlasia

I also don't believe something this important should go without a vote, even if the outcome of this vote is pre-determined since I'm probably the only ultraliberal globalist in Congress.

What is your objection to this provision?

I don't see the need to restrict where we get our iron and steel from, especially if foreign iron and steel is ultimately more cost-efficient.

Relying on cheap steel and iron imports is quite harmful to domestic industry. This bill invests heavily in our infrastructure, and in doing so we should support our workers by relying on Atlasian steel, Atlasian iron, and Atlasian goods for those projects. This is a common sense provision and I urge that it be kept in the bill.

Is the vote open now or not?

S019's concerns aside, with globalization not all of kind of Steel and other products are being produced in the US and they can be needed for this kind of project
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »

I'm genuinely curious. How much is it going to cost? I assume most americans have an income >100 000$?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies