Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:40:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 32165 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: August 10, 2022, 02:46:16 AM »

Are the Swedish democrats still too toxic to be included in any possible goverment ?

I mean Åkesson's approvals aren't all that bad.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 05:19:12 AM »

How much of an issue has the crime surge been?

It's one of the major points of discussion in the election campaign. I think one poll showed law and order as the most important issue for voters and Magdalena Andersson has tried to cultivate an image as tough on crime, although she is under attack from the opposition who says that since the Social Democrats haven't been able to do anything about crime for 8 years it's hard to believe they'll be succesful this time around.

If the blue bloc win this election I think crime and the energy crisis are the two major factors behind it. 

Is there any immigration fearmongering? Sweden is a very liberal country but there are probably people who blame the crime surge on the ultra-conservative Muslims.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 01:58:25 AM »

Sweden is a very weird place. Normally the far left- such as in Norway- is apathetic about anti-Semitism and oppose refugee integration. But in Sweden even Nyans has a page on their website condemning anti-Semitism and talking about their plans to fight it.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 04:05:33 AM »

Bronz
SvenskBrons
YaBB God

★★★★★

Swedish Elections 2022
« on: September 15, 2022 at 12:00:00 AM »

Is the reason young people are not voting for SAP because of the migrant rape problem? Many people at the värdshus were saying this.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 01:10:07 AM »

What is current swedish immigration policy at present ?

Immigration? Relatively similar to other countries, with the usual EU exceptions.

Migration? lol
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 11:31:36 AM »

Excellent platform, no complaints.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 03:19:53 PM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 07:39:46 PM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

what exactly would sd do to benefit any of those groups

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 09:21:33 PM »

Why are the first 100 comments on Kristersson’s Instagram post spamming Hedi Freid?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 08:47:10 AM »

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

The far right hates immigration because they hate Muslims because they are racist. I am merely concerned with the destruction of the tolerant, welcoming society that exists in Sweden and Scandinavia at large.

Shock revelation, when you come from a country where being gay is punishable by death and where 98%+ of the population have a negative opinion of Jews, you don’t leave said views when you arrive in Sweden.

On the contrary, integrated Muslims in Europe and virtually all Muslims in the US are some of the biggest contributors to society.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 01:47:21 AM »

Yes, it's a well-known fact that people associated with European far and extreme Right movements never attack synagogues.

Anyway, while the worst and most violent antisemitic incidents in Sweden over the past few decades have been carried out by immigrants, antisemitic remarks from Sweden Democrat politicians have been, to say the least, frequent and nothing serious has been done by the party to address this. While it is true that they're hardly the only Swedish party to have had senior figures say awful things about Jews over the past twenty years (a fact that should embarrass everyone else if you ask me, but that's another story), I do not think that lionizing them over this issue is honest or sensible.

Violet attacks are the ones that matter, since those are the ones where people die. As someone who has been all over Europe, I felt safer as a Jew in Sweden and Scandinavia at large than anywhere else.

It also says something that such a progressive populace would elect anti-immigration politicians.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 01:54:52 PM »

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

The far right hates immigration because they hate Muslims because they are racist. I am merely concerned with the destruction of the tolerant, welcoming society that exists in Sweden and Scandinavia at large.

Shock revelation, when you come from a country where being gay is punishable by death and where 98%+ of the population have a negative opinion of Jews, you don’t leave said views when you arrive in Sweden.

On the contrary, integrated Muslims in Europe and virtually all Muslims in the US are some of the biggest contributors to society.

It's very disheartening to see that this line of thought pushed by War on Terror propagandists twenty years ago still persists when they never believed it to begin with.

What here is propaganda? It's routinely recorded in surveys in Arab countries that anti-Semitism reaches above 95% of the populace, and countries freely admit they kill gay people.

The people migrating to Sweden don't lose decades of hatred just because they cross the Mediterranean. This can be observed by the vast overrepresentation of migrants among rape statistics, for instance.

The frequency of which leftists such as yourself go to bat for people who are anti-Women, anti-Semitic, and anti-LGBTQ+ (#1 and #3 of which apply to you) never ceases to amaze me.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 04:47:35 PM »

It's very disheartening to see that this line of thought pushed by War on Terror propagandists twenty years ago still persists when they never believed it to begin with.

What here is propaganda? It's routinely recorded in surveys in Arab countries that anti-Semitism reaches above 95% of the populace, and countries freely admit they kill gay people.

The people migrating to Sweden don't lose decades of hatred just because they cross the Mediterranean. This can be observed by the vast overrepresentation of migrants among rape statistics, for instance.

The frequency of which leftists such as yourself go to bat for people who are anti-Women, anti-Semitic, and anti-LGBTQ+ (#1 and #3 of which apply to you) never ceases to amaze me.

And considering your hatred of Muslims, should you also not be allowed into Sweden as a threat to their "history of tolerance"?

Claiming to somehow be a defender of tolerance and openness while simulataneously justifying the hatred, exclusion and scapegoating of one specific ethnic group is hypocritical. The idea behind human rights is that they are universal, not conditional on the good behaviour of your compatriots.

I don't hate Muslims. I was just saying that if you take 100 migrants from Syria, most of them will be anti-Semitic and have backwards views on women's and gay rights. That's not actually their fault in many ways, since it's an ingrained part of society in those places (another thing to thank Netanyahu and the rest of the Israeli fascist clowncar for).

In Norway migrants are required to go through classes on Norwegian culture including respect for women, etc. Sweden takes in 2% of it's population each year, so it doesn't have much time or resources to integrate them. This is particularly hard for children.

By requiring new arrivals to go through classes on Scandinavian culture, you could also:

-Protect migrants who wish to integrate (the majority)
-Reduce the popularity of far-right parties
-Reduce violence against Muslims

Muslims who do integrate are great for a nation's culture and society as a whole. Just look at all the good that has come from activism by Muslim Americans along with other acheivements in education, medicine, and other fields.

Also, guess who this person in this photo taken in Sweden is:

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »

Kristersson presented his government today and the King announced that the change took place shortly after 13.00 CET, so yes, now we do:

Prime Minister: Ulf Kristersson (M)
EU Minister: Jessica Roswall (M)
Justice: Gunnar Strömmer (M)
Migration: Maria Malmer Stenergard (M)
Foreign: Tobias Billström (M)
Development & Trade: Johan Forssel (M)
Defense: Pål Jonson (M)
Civil Defense: Carl-Oscar Bohlin (M)
Social Services: Camilla Waltersson Grönvall (M)
Elderly & Social Insruance: Anna Tenje (M)
Finance: Elisabeth Svantesson (M)
Financial Markets: Niklas Wykman (M)
Culture: Parisa Liljestrand (M)

Social Affairs: Jacob Forssmend (KD)
Healthcare: Acko Ankarberg Johansson (KD)
Civil Affairs: Erik Slottner (KD)
Energy & Industry: Ebba Busch (KD) -----> she is also the Deputy Prime Minister
Infrastructure & Housing: Andreas Carlson (KD)
Rural Affairs: Peter Kullgren (KD)
Education: Mats Persson (KD)

Schools: Lotta Edholm (L)
Climate & Environment: Romina Pourmokhtari (L)
Labor Market & Integration: Johan Pehrson (L)
Gender Equality: Paulina Brandberg (L)

Interestingly, Carl Bildt was asked to be a minister, but turned it down.

Finance Minister Svantesson avoided detailed answers about how quickly relief from high energy costs will come, and if the proposals for 31 billion SEK in tax cuts are still planned as promised during the campaign. Since the budget vote is due in less than one month, she has a lot to do from Day One. Also, the government wants to get in place a high-cost protection ASAP. They promised during the campaign to have it by November 1st, but with negotiations dragging on for longer than anticipated, that is virtually impossible to keep. But they could still have it apply retroactively.

The new Minister for Schools, Lotta Edholm (L), said that she is going to sell her 9,400 SEK in shares in a for-profit education group "today".

Excellent cabinet, no complaints.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies