Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 31970 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 14, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »

But SD won't actually be in government, will it?

It shouldn't, as L won't allow it.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »

Today the new Riksdag formally opened and those elected this year have now taken their seats. Yesterday, however, was the formal vote on Speaker and the three deputy speakers.

Andreas Norlèn (M) was re-elected as Speaker of the Riksdag and Kenneth Forslund (S) was elected as first deputy speaker by voice vote and we quickly moved on.

The rules of the Riksdag say that candidates for Speaker or deputy speaker must have a majority in favor of them in the first two rounds, and only in subsequent rounds can a candidate be elected by plurality. Since two members of the Riksdag were absent (347 of 349 were present), this meant that the threshold for a majority dropped from 175 to 174. Voting is secret, and you physically write someone's name on paper and then deposit the ballot in the box.

Theoretically, with 176 seats for the conservative bloc, Julia Kronlid (SD) should easily have been elected on the first vote. However, she only received 173 votes in the first round, meaning three votes from the conservative bloc defected. However, on the second ballot, she got a majority of 174 and was thus elected second deputy speaker. There were 126 abstentions and 47 voted for her Green opponent, Janine Alm Ericson.

Then the vote for third deputy speaker also had some pointless drama. The conservative bloc kept the seat open for other parties, just as the first deputy speaker post was seceded to the Social Democrats. This time, there was a fight between Centre and the Left Party. It took three rounds of voting before Kerstin Lundgren (C) was elected here.

So the final balance of the Speaker and three deputies is: M, S, SD, and C.

Speaking of Centre, more and more elected and party officials are demanding that the entire party board resign over the election result. There seems to be three groups who are demanding a change in course, and one of these groups demands joining the conservative bloc under Kristersson but also remain open for cooperation with all parties (including SD and V). Not likely to succeed but interesting to see that current.

I love how you fail to mention S violated the tradition that the 4 largest parties gets the seats, too busy brown-nosing Center.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

what exactly would sd do to benefit any of those groups

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

Exactly, thank you for reminding me even more why I am a fan of SD. This makes those parties good, at least on that front. The guilt by association crap doesn't work on me. "These groups that I consider ~problematic~ share your views." Cool. I don't care if you consider them problematic. That's exactly why (at least in the case of SD) I support them! Believe it or not, as a Jew I care more about my synagogue not being bombed than the welfare of the people bombing it!

I am not obligated to welcome people who hate me and want to destroy my way of life out of some vacuous, self-destructive left-liberalism.

(and of course, SD is nothing like AfD or even RN. This is relevant too)

Then why do you support replacing which a group that would bomb your synagogue by another one who would do the same thing (but be white instead of brown)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies